Huge Ralph Wilson Statement linked posted on TWS by bbb

Reed83HOF

Ralph shows up in person to the end of the year Buffalo Bills staff and player holiday party. But he's going to say goodbye to Buffalo and the NFL as a whole forever via pre-recorded statement? That sounds a little ass backwards to me. I think if he were really leaving the organization or handing over the keys, he wouldn't have flown home to Detroit after the party.

I don't know about that. The Holiday party is a closed function where he can stay as long as he likes and it doesn't really matter if he rambles or loses his place mid-sentence etc because all the people there are employees. For what would be his final press conference and something that will be watched and re-broadcast everywhere I could understand RW not wanting to look like a jackass or a doddering old man. With video you get edits and re-takes. Live can go horribly horribly wrong. Seriously, if it were you and you knew that your words don't always come out right or that you lose your place mid-sentence or sometimes slur or any of the other things that happen to 94 year old people and you also knew that the whole world would watch what you sad a million times I think you'd do a video too. Let the guy maintain some dignity on the way out.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know about that. The Holiday party is a closed function where he can stay as long as he likes and it doesn't really matter if he rambles or loses his place mid-sentence etc because all the people there are employees. For what would be his final press conference and something that will be watched and re-broadcast everywhere I could understand RW not wanting to look like a jackass or a doddering old man. With video you get edits and re-takes. Live can go horribly horribly wrong. Seriously, if it were you and you knew that your words don't always come out right or that you lose your place mid-sentence or sometimes slur or any of the other things that happen to 94 year old people and you also knew that the whole world would watch what you sad a million times I think you'd do a video too. Let the guy maintain some dignity on the way out.

Well Said.

FWIW - I choose to believe this because the tax ramifications are monstrous. Rich people don't get to be rich by pissing away hundreds of millions of dollars on taxes when they don't have to.

I have to admit, it would be at least slightly amusing to have to thank the government for raising taxes to bring this situation to a conclusion.

So lemme get this straight.....

Ralph shows up in person to the end of the year Buffalo Bills staff and player holiday party. But he's going to say goodbye to Buffalo and the NFL as a whole forever via pre-recorded statement? That sounds a little ass backwards to me. I think if he were really leaving the organization or handing over the keys, he wouldn't have flown home to Detroit after the party.

I get what you're saying. With him being 94 it makes some sense that a pre-recorded statement that could be edited would serve him better.

Edited by Triple Threat

I get what you're saying. With him being 94 it makes some sense that a pre-recorded statement that could be edited would serve him better.

...For what would be his final press conference and something that will be watched and re-broadcast everywhere I could understand RW not wanting to look like a jackass or a doddering old man. With video you get edits and re-takes. Live can go horribly horribly wrong. Seriously, if it were you and you knew that your words don't always come out right or that you lose your place mid-sentence or sometimes slur or any of the other things that happen to 94 year old people and you also knew that the whole world would watch what you sad a million times I think you'd do a video too. Let the guy maintain some dignity on the way out.

Agreed with both. It was easy to see even 10 years ago when Jim Kelly was put up on the Wall Of Fame at RWS that Mr. Wilson was having problems with speaking in public. Better to take the time and edit the video and make a good last impression.

i can get behind this idea. Makes sense.

Also, re: the Holiday party. If he is going out I also suspect that he would want to make the effort to come to the Holiday party in person to thank all of his employees in person. He doesn't need to necessarily tell everybody there what is up but he could thank people individually for their hard work and the reason for doing so would make sense later after they showed the video. There are some people who have worked at OBD there for a very long time in a variety of functions who will probably lose their jobs in an ownership change.

Also, re: the Holiday party. If he is going out I also suspect that he would want to make the effort to come to the Holiday party in person to thank all of his employees in person. He doesn't need to necessarily tell everybody there what is up but he could thank people individually for their hard work and the reason for doing so would make sense later after they showed the video. There are some people who have worked at OBD there for a very long time in a variety of functions who will probably lose their jobs in an ownership change.

another well made point.

The more I read your comments the more I believe.

Hopefully most everyone, but especially Littman & Jimmy O.... absolutely no point of keeping any of Ralph's stooges around for continuity.

PLEASE LET THIS CHANGE GO DOWN!!!

Hopefully most everyone, but especially Littman & Jimmy O.... absolutely no point of keeping any of Ralph's stooges around for continuity.

PLEASE LET THIS CHANGE GO DOWN!!!

Littman and Overdorf I agree but I mean other people like Scott Berchtold, the marketing people, the administrative assistants. New ownership will want to make their own mark and a lot of the people we don't see every day or have a particular problem with will be casualties. Not that the change shouldnt happen, it's just a reason for RW to show up and thank the worker bees in person because he knows lots of them will get the axe.

There are some people who have worked at OBD there for a very long time in a variety of functions who will probably lose their jobs in an ownership change.

I hope they don't get rid of my ticket rep. Maybe I'll let them know if they let her go, I'll drop my seasons.

So what does Ralph say to Chan at this party?