Peter king says Chan gone on Monday...

OhIDunno

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Jacobs, Richs, Galisano, The guy in NF, Pegula, Trump. There's plenty of others too I'm sure.

For sure. Definitely exciting to think who it might be. If I had to rank em, Pegula would top the list. Something tells me though, that Ralph might be most comfortable with Jacobs. Just a hunch.

but could Ralph gift it to the charity?

I'm not sure if that's allowed or not, but I'm fairly certain that he would never do that and take away ~800 million from his family. In other words, no way Ralph gives Jim a nearly billion dollar present at the expense of his family.

Maybe it is Trump didnt he own the Generals that gave us Kelly and Thurman???

He didn't give us either. Kelly was on the Generals when when the USFL folded. He then had no other option but to play in Buffalo.

Thurman was drafted by the Bills and played no where else.

But yes, I firmly believe Trump is in the mix. He has Kelly ties for sure and would love to get another team IMO.

He didn't give us either. Kelly was on the Generals when when the USFL folded. He then had no other option but to play in Buffalo.

But yes, I firmly believe Trump is in the mix. He has Kelly ties for sure and would love to get another team IMO.

He finished with the Dolphins after his release by the Bills.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Arrrgh. Why wait until Monday? Ralph must be sleeping already. Just do it now and get it over with. How hard is it to pick up a phone and tell Brandon to tell Chan, Buddy and whomever else to hit the bricks? It takes a minute tops. I'll do it. What's the number?

Pretty customary in the NFL to wait till Monday. It's called "Black Monday" for a reason.

If King does have a source why wouldnt he also break the story about a sale????

Maybe because there is no story?

When the sale happens, I suspect there will be no advance word (other than the usual generic rumors) until a presser is announced. The players involved are likely too seasoned to risk jeopardizing the sale by leaking anything ahead of time.

I hate Donald Trump. He's a self important pompous jerk!!! He'll never be approved by the NFL as an owner after he tried to force a merger with the USFL by going up against the NFL in the Fall and subsequently brought an antitrust suit.

I agree would hate it if trump is the backer he is a pompous ass but he does build some great golf resorts, but as you said be hard to get accepted in NFL, Jacobs or Tommy G make most sense.

Just do it now and get it over with. How hard is it to pick up a phone and tell Brandon to tell Chan, Buddy and whomever else to hit the bricks? It takes a minute tops. I'll do it. What's the number?

That should make other coaches want to come work for you. Have to show some class even though it's the inevitable.

Not entirely true, Kelly could have forced a trade, Bill Polian talked Kelly into signing.

Thurman was a Dolphin for a season :cry:

Maybe because there is no story?

When the sale happens, I suspect there will be no advance word (other than the usual generic rumors) until a presser is announced. The players involved are likely too seasoned to risk jeopardizing the sale by leaking anything ahead of time.

Understand but with TT making his comments and other twitter stuff one can hope its true. I thought i was going to die when we finally signed Mario I can see no work getting done until this settles for me the next week or so.

Not entirely true, Kelly could have forced a trade, Bill Polian talked Kelly into signing.

Thurman was a Dolphin for a season :cry:

your apparently taking everything too seriously. Of course Kelly could have held out. Could have demanded a trade. Could have retired. FWIW, Polian didn't convince anybody. The highest paid contract ever for someone in the NFL convinced him.

What I meant was that Thomas Didnt play anywhere else between Oklahoma State and Buffalo.

Understand but with TT making his comments and other twitter stuff one can hope its true. I thought i was going to die when we finally signed Mario I can see no work getting done until this settles for me the next week or so.

This would be the first time one owners 17 year old nephew and the other owner drunkenly on game day each let the news out cryptically via twitter. It'd be unique if nothing else!

Edited by NoSaint

I've thopught about thta for awhile. Maybe RW said screw you Uncle Sam, I'm not paying all these taxes, gifts the team to a charity with some type of complex agreement that someone else runs the team, i.e. Kelly-Thomas. Would the NFL like this no, would they agree to it, probably not, but their only option would be to over turn it in court, which isn't all that likely the NFL would win based on prior court decisions. Plus wouldn't look too good if the NFL is suing to prevent a team from being giving to a charity. Publicity wouldn't look too good on that one.

but could Ralph gift it to the charity?

Really isn't giving Kelly a gift, the gift would be to some charity. True his family is losing the money, but from what you hear, they have another $800 mil or so on top of the value of the Bill's. RW doesn't appear to live a very lavish lifestyle so I'd imagine his heirs could get by on just $800 mil or so.

I'm not sure if that's allowed or not, but I'm fairly certain that he would never do that and take away ~800 million from his family. In other words, no way Ralph gives Jim a nearly billion dollar present at the expense of his family.

I agree would hate it if trump is the backer he is a pompous ass but he does build some great golf resorts, but as you said be hard to get accepted in NFL, Jacobs or Tommy G make most sense.

He sure does know how to bulldoze acres upon acres of virgin Scottish dunes/shoreline. Nothing like manufacturing dunes to give something a natural feeling. Trump's a dbag.

Kelly was a Houston Gambler, and the big name on the NJ Generals was Herschel Walker. IDK if Trump owned the NJ Generals or not.

Edited by billsbum

Kelly was a Houston Gambler, and the big name on the NJ Generals was Herschel Walker. IDK if Trump owned the NJ Generals or not.

goty teams mixed up. Sorry. Kelly WAS on the Gamblers and Trump owned them. Hence, link between Kelly and Trump.