Nix changing his mind on Gailey?

Jerry Jabber

From twitter: "Jeff Russo ‏@JeffRussoWKBWBuddy Nix, through a #Bills spokesperson, will continue to wait until after the season to discuss future plans on coaches etc.."So Nix is no longer saying Gailey's job is safe, and will wait until after the season is over with to discuss future plans on coaches. Sounds like we might get our wish after all.

Edited by Jerry Jabber

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Gailey/Fitz era will be over at the final gun of the Jets game. I doubt Nix gets fired but I can see him stepping aside in favor of Whaley.

It's not so much that the Bills will finish with another 5 or 6 win season. It's HOW they've lost games this season. It's clear they ran for the bus as soon as adversity struck yesterday. In a word, they've stopped playing for Gailey. And I think the team has given up on Fitz since the Titans game. Stevie's frustration has been visible all season long.

It's an untenable position for Gailey and Fitz.

GO BILLS!!!

The Gailey/Fitz era will be over at the final gun of the Jets game. I doubt Nix gets fired but I can see him stepping aside in favor of Whaley.

It's not so much that the Bills will finish with another 5 or 6 win season. It's HOW they've lost games this season. It's clear they ran for the bus as soon as adversity struck yesterday. In a word, they've stopped playing for Gailey. And I think the team has given up on Fitz since the Titans game. Stevie's frustration has been visible all season long.

GO BILLS!!!

I agree. Well said

CBF

From twitter: "Jeff Russo ‏@JeffRussoWKBW

Buddy Nix, through a #Bills spokesperson, will continue to wait until after the season to discuss future plans on coaches etc.."

So Nix is no longer saying Gailey's job is safe, and will wait until after the season is over with to discuss future plans on coaches. Sounds like we might get our wish after all.

If only he would fire himself while he is at it.

I still believe they will bring back Gailey. Maybe force him to dump Wanny and Modkins but I think Chan will be back.

I dont know how the Bills FO would have a good enough explination for why they are brining him back as it owuld mean they would have given him some sort of extention.

CBF

GO BILLS!!!

Yep.

Remember that this is where we were with Jauron - the fans were screaming for his head and everyone outside of One Bills Drive knew he had to go and they still kept him another year - that's why it would not surprise me if he was actually at the helm next year, despite it being plain as day that he has to go...

Edited by The Avenger

What?!?

I thought it was a 3 year deal when they hired him

CBF

NOPE

Chan was such a hot commodity that they had to give him a longer term contract than normal to make sure we did not lose him to Southern Idaho Community College. The guys on WGR were mocking the Bills earlier in the year when word came out that Chan actually received more than a standard 3yr deal which was always assumed.

I can live with Nix. His biggest mistake that has plagued him during his time here is making Fitzpatrick the man which basically killed two seasons; however his drafting (at least his draft strategies) have improved. He showed that he'll do what's necessary to win (ala Mario, Anderson) and once he has a new QB I'm willing to give him another look.

Gailey on the other hand is totally incompetent and has to go. I'll also judge Nix on who he picks to replace him, better not be anyone over the age of 60.

All said, I wish for something much bigger, but at the very least, new coaching is needed. I can live with Nix, though I wouldn't be upset if he was canned...I think he has done a credible job of trying to improve the talent on this team...and after another drubbing it may not sound right, but I think the talent is better...we just still have too many weaknesses in key spots...now, I would prefer some younger blood, but I don't want to wish for too much...

This is almost surreal. People were foaming at the mouth to get rid of Jauron, and were heralding Gailey as the coup the Bills pulled off hiring the guy that Jerry Jones said was his biggest mistake firing. And now more foaming to fire Gailey with no clue as to who would replace him.

Well, with the Cowboys stinking up the joint as well, maybe Jerrah will correct his biggest mistake ever ... ya think? ;)

At least make Polian the Director of Football Operations and allow him to make front office and coaching changes.

Polian just put together a 2-14 team that was based on what player. He hired Jim Caldwell, who was awful in his only head coaching stint at Wake Forest. Stop looking for glory days and get new fresh blood.

And I hate yelling to fire people but this team has made no progress and actually regressed. We had a garbage schedule and we blew it. No other team in the NFL would tolerate this. Fire the whole staff except the oline coach.

This is almost surreal. People were foaming at the mouth to get rid of Jauron, and were heralding Gailey as the coup the Bills pulled off hiring the guy that Jerry Jones said was his biggest mistake firing. And now more foaming to fire Gailey with no clue as to who would replace him.

Well, with the Cowboys stinking up the joint as well, maybe Jerrah will correct his biggest mistake ever ... ya think? ;)

I don't think people really wanted Gailey but he is a decent offensive mind. He just is an OC and not a head coach. Nothing wrong with that. But it's still about the QB. Shanahan sucked in Washington until he got a QB.

Not sure who was heralding Gailey as some coup pulled off? Maybe one or two people, but I have yet to meet them. It was a surprising reach because nobody else wanted to come here. Gailey is terrible and needs to go, if you disagree then you must love this ridiculous product on the field, as the outcome is worse then anything Jauron, Williams or Mularkey put on the field, and there is more talent now to boot.

Not sure who was heralding Gailey as some coup pulled off? Maybe one or two people, but I have yet to meet them. It was a surprising reach because nobody else wanted to come here. Gailey is terrible and needs to go, if you disagree then you must love this ridiculous product on the field, as the outcome is worse then anything Jauron, Williams or Mularkey put on the field, and there is more talent now to boot.

Agreed. Jauron got way more out his talent than Gailey has.

I recall many more people (like me) being pissed when Gailey was hired...but, many (like me) were delightfully surprised after his first season...but we have been stuck in the mud with him at the helm ever since.

It was more a handful of NFL insider types (though not all) who were saying this was a slick move by the Bills...and being fans who don't want to feel like we are getting sold a bill of goods, once again...we wanted to believe them. And, even the biggest Gailey haters would have to admit, he made the team much more exciting to watch, particularly during the 2010 season...as much as I am down on Gailey, I still wouldn't put him in the same class as Dick Jauron, for just really awful game day coaches.

Edited by Buftex