Nix changing his mind on Gailey?

Jerry Jabber

As long as RW is owner i agree!

However...

When hes not id bet the Bills are more appealing!

RW has burnt way too many bridges in the NFL!

Maybe but I don't think that would be enough. A new owner would have to show some commitment to winning (e.g. Pegula vs Golisano). And the Bills would have to look like they are staying put.

PTR

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too.

It accomplishes nothing to do it any sooner.

And from Ralph's perspective, at around $125,000 per game, he'll save a cool quarter mil waiting till the season ends.

Why not start Tarvaris Jackson at this point? What's gonna happen? He plays bad and we lose?

As for firing Gailey, Ralph would owe him his entire contract either way. There is no savings.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I am not sure I agree with this. Jauron was just as stubborn about playing guys, even when everyone in the stands, or watching at home, could see that someone else was better...the only way guys could crack the lineup under DJ was through injury.

Kyle Moore, Carrington, Spiller, whoever replaced A Williams....

Chan is no different.

Jim Harbaugh is the anti-Jauron... choosing to bench Smith and to allow Kaepernick to thrive was brilliant. I only WISH we could get a guy like that here.

Get Harbaughs replacement at Stanford - Shaw.

Nix would not humiliate Gailey by firing him mid season. There is nothing to be gained from it. But I'm betting something major will change. If only to stop the loss of season ticket holders.

PTR

Tis' true.

Season Ticket sales are detrimental to the teams bottom line every year.

If the FO wants to save face, they will have to shock the world again--but, this time not hire a Chan Failey and/or Duddy Nix

My grasping at straws hope (this time around) is the coaching search would be slightly easier. From a talent perspective, we have some horses. Seems fairly obvious several losses can be attributed to awful coaching. But again, considering this organization's track record, guessing they hire someone like Mike Martz. Maybe Cam Cameron, possibly Whisenhunt. Assuming Gailey is fired, I'm quite certain the next hire will piss me off as did Jauron as did Gailey. Front Office is a Comedy of Errors.

Edited by Fergs2323

Why not start Tarvaris Jackson at this point? What's gonna happen? He plays bad and we lose?

As for firing Gailey, Ralph would owe him his entire contract either way. There is no savings.

PTR

Everyone forgets about the Tavaris Jackson deal. Sadly, he should get the nod...But, with Chan still calling the shots we ride the Futztrain til' the end of the season--unless there is a change of mind.

Edited by KollegeStudnet

PTR

True and true.

I guess what I meant by the money thing is that at least he'd be "working for his money" as opposed to it just being given to him.

Oh we should. Just saying don't expect Bills Cowher or Bill Parcells to walk in the door.

PTR

it honestly can't get any worse than Gailey. And even if it was, we'd end up bottoming out and getting a top pick in the following years draft.

Anyone would be better. I dare say a monkey with a beer bong helmet in and a handful of poop flinging turds at random plays in the play book could do better.

Edited by mrags

PTR

absolutely....they need to find out if he is worthy to stick around next year in any capacity.

Keep Chan and make him hire a "OC". Get good "O" line back ups. Draft "O" line T and G. Fitz was killed by Gleen yesterday and the week before. He has zero time to throw. Need a good DB draft and we will be good to go. Than when the new owner gets here we will clean house and still have the players. No one is coming to Buffalo now except SANTA.

absolutely....they need to find out if he is worthy to stick around next year in any capacity.

Are you saying Tarvaris, who is a UFA in a couple weeks, wants to re-sign with Buffalo or that Buffalo is going to throw enough money at him to lure him back to carrying a clipboard? I don't know, but it seems highly improbable.

That may be their plan. Keep him off the field this year so fans can't see how terrible he is, name him the starter in training camp, the fans get all excited, buy season tickets and new throwback jerseys, he sucks, the Bills suck, but they make millions of dollars. Same cycle over and over, gullible fans a plenty where the Buffalo Roam. The most likely thing to happen though is Jackson walks after this year, we gave up a draft pick for a guy who never stepped on the field during the regular season for the Bills, not even one play? Good job Buddy Nix, leave now-Please! Edited by BuffBill

Keep Chan and make him hire a "OC". Get good "O" line back ups. Draft "O" line T and G. Fitz was killed by Gleen yesterday and the week before. He has zero time to throw. Need a good DB draft and we will be good to go. Than when the new owner gets here we will clean house and still have the players. No one is coming to Buffalo now except SANTA.

You lost me at "Keep Chan."

Imagine being an owner of a sports franchise and watching it fail...

It has to get old.

Taking a step back from the infamous "Ralph is Cheap" mentality...Ralphie has to go all in and go after a culture changing president/operations guy!

I'm not saying it's Bill Polian, but it's time Ralphie gives up his power and $elect a Polian caliber guy

Duddy/Failey experiment has been not fun at all

Imagine being an owner of a sports franchise and watching it fail...

It has to get old.

Taking a step back from the infamous "Ralph is Cheap" mentality...Ralphie has to go all in and go after a culture changing president/operations guy!

I'm not saying it's Bill Polian, but it's time Ralphie gives up his power and $elect a Polian caliber guy

Duddy/Failey experiment has been not fun at all

Not going to happen until it's not Ralph. He makes money off this team, which, it is clear, is all he cares about.....where's the incentive to do what you say?