Nix changing his mind on Gailey?

Jerry Jabber

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my wish is bigger than that...all those jokers need to be gone including Buddy, Russ, the money guys, etc..

Agreed. Get rid of the "Good Ol' Boys" and bring in some football people. Maybe Whaley could be one of those people...

Polian just put together a 2-14 team that was based on what player. He hired Jim Caldwell, who was awful in his only head coaching stint at Wake Forest. Stop looking for glory days and get new fresh blood.

And I hate yelling to fire people but this team has made no progress and actually regressed. We had a garbage schedule and we blew it. No other team in the NFL would tolerate this. Fire the whole staff except the oline coach.

Exactly. Either give the job to Whaley or get someone under the age of 40 to run the Organization!!

Polian just put together a 2-14 team that was based on what player. He hired Jim Caldwell, who was awful in his only head coaching stint at Wake Forest. Stop looking for glory days and get new fresh blood.

And I hate yelling to fire people but this team has made no progress and actually regressed. We had a garbage schedule and we blew it. No other team in the NFL would tolerate this. Fire the whole staff except the oline coach.

Polian is probably one of the only big names that will come here. Sure the Colts had a 2-14 season, but it put them in the position to draft Andrew Luck and they control their destiny to make the playoffs this year. What fresh blood is going to want to come here? Russ Grimm and Ron Rivera refused the opportunity to interview for the HC position in 2010. Not to mention the rumor that Harbaugh said no as well. Polian is older, but he has built winners everywhere he went.

From a marketing standpoint it might generate interest in season ticket sales next year.

I agree with you about his head coaching decisions, they have been suspect at times. I still believe that Marv Levy was an average coach with outstanding football players. That being said any change will do.

Agreed. Get rid of the "Good Ol' Boys" and bring in some football people. Maybe Whaley could be one of those people...

Exactly. Either give the job to Whaley or get someone under the age of 40 to run the Organization!!

First of all, while Buddy is a southerner he is also "football people." I'm satisfied with the Buddy/Whaley transition that is currently in the works. The problem here is coaching (and lack of a QB) -- plain and simple. Buddy believed Chan that they could make Fitz into a serviceable starter, and they were wrong. But the offense has been coached poorly, the defense has been coached poorly, and Gailey is a miserable failure on game days.

Get rid of Gailey and Wanny, and bring in some real coaches.

That said -- if they can get Polian, do it. :lol:

This would not be a bad idea either

First of all, while Buddy is a southerner he is also "football people." I'm satisfied with the Buddy/Whaley transition that is currently in the works. The problem here is coaching (and lack of a QB) -- plain and simple. Buddy believed Chan that they could make Fitz into a serviceable starter, and they were wrong. But the offense has been coached poorly, the defense has been coached poorly, and Gailey is a miserable failure on game days.

Get rid of Gailey and Wanny, and bring in some real coaches.

That said -- if they can get Polian, do it. :lol:

Agreed. Gailey worn out his welcome and Wannstadt should have been fired after the 49ers game. Inexcusable!!!

Edited by mattsox

FYI. According to this http://www.spotrac.c...ls/chan-gailey/ Gailey's contract is for three years and up at the end of the 2012 season.

Yes that was the widely-held belief but in a radio interview earlier this season, Nix basically said that Gailey's contract has two years left after this season.

Don't have a link for you but maybe someone else does. It was widely discussed here.

Levy's draft don't look so bad though. Lynch, Whitner, Kyle Williams, Poz are all playing really well.

I just don't think those Jauron teams had any real talent. Din't we start the A train at some points? I think this Bills team is way more talented than those teams. And that's why the coach needs to be changed.

You're contradicting yourself here. How can Jaurons teams be so lacking for talent if Levy drafted well?

From twitter: "Jeff Russo ‏@JeffRussoWKBW

Buddy Nix, through a #Bills spokesperson, will continue to wait until after the season to discuss future plans on coaches etc.."

So Nix is no longer saying Gailey's job is safe, and will wait until after the season is over with to discuss future plans on coaches. Sounds like we might get our wish after all.

This is likely to be more wishful thinking than reality. However, the loss yesterday probably does throw Gailey's job into question. He appears to have lost the team. It's one thing to lose it is another to be blown out yet again.

Kills me to say this but....

If we are going to blow this thing up do we wait until new ownership? I mean lets say at seasons end its blown up...we hire coaches but when new ownership comes in who says they wont blow it up again?

Honestly...i think waiting for new ownership is the way to go!

No need to rebuild a house with a shaky foundation! Just crumble the entire foundation and rebuild from the ground up!

By no means do i support gailey and nix!

Just trying to figure out the best solution!

Yes that was the widely-held belief but in a radio interview earlier this season, Nix basically said that Gailey's contract has two years left after this season.

Don't have a link for you but maybe someone else does. It was widely discussed here.

No link, but I heard the interview on WGR. Buddy did not say how long the contract was for but said the Chan had 'time left on his deal after this season" (paraphrased quote). He said no extension would be necessary for Chan to be here next year.

Kills me to say this but....

If we are going to blow this thing up do we wait until new ownership? I mean lets say at seasons end its blown up...we hire coaches but when new ownership comes in who says they wont blow it up again?

Honestly...i think waiting for new ownership is the way to go!

No need to rebuild a house with a shaky foundation! Just crumble the entire foundation and rebuild from the ground up!

By no means do i support gailey and nix!

Just trying to figure out the best solution!

Teams make front office hires in the context of ownership changes.

It seems like the Dolphins, Browns and Jags all hired head coaches while their ownership status was up in the air.

There's no sense in waiting IMO.

By retaining Gailey you'd have a season ticket holder revolt. The Bills have to at least be able to sell hope, even if it's false hope.

By retaining Gailey there is no hope to sell.

FYI. According to this http://www.spotrac.c...ls/chan-gailey/ Gailey's contract is for three years and up at the end of the 2012 season.

No link, but I heard the interview on WGR. Buddy did not say how long the contract was for but said the Chan had 'time left on his deal after this season" (paraphrased quote). He said no extension would be necessary for Chan to be here next year.

Thanks.

Someone else wrote that Nix said that Gailey's contract "wasn't for only one year either" past 2012 or something to that effect.

Does that sound familiar?

Teams make front office hires in the context of ownership changes.

It seems like the Dolphins, Browns and Jags all hired head coaches while their ownership status was up in the air.

There's no sense in waiting IMO.

By retaining Gailey you'd have a season ticket holder revolt. The Bills have to at least be able to sell hope, even if it's false hope.

By retaining Gailey there is no hope to sell.

Thats true! I didnt think anything about season tickets....very good point!

Honestly...its a doubled edge sword!

And who would we get as a replacement? Did we forget about Shanahan turning down $10 million to come here? Bill Cowher saying "no thanks"? How about Brian Schottenheimer refusing to even interview? Face it. The Bills are radioactive. No one with any rep will touch this team with a ten foot pole. Our only hope is to find a young up-and-comer itching for a chance in the NFL.

PTR

I think you're right...My guess is Perry Fewell gets the job... B-)