Prediction - Kirk Cousins lights it up today

ACor58

Fitz was never an adequate starting qb prospect. From the start he was an erratic passer with a weak arm. Those are flaws that usually can't be fixed. Expecting him to be better than a backup type qb was a gross miscalculation. Would Dalton or Kaepenick been reasonable draft options? In my view absolutely so. If Nix wanted to address other areas first then he should have at least found another pedestrian qb who had a better level of accuracy and arm strength to bide some time before he felt he was in better position to select a higher level prospect.

Finding an eltie qb is not easy. Few teams are fortunate enough to have that type of starting qb. But how about getting a qb that will at least give you a chance to compete? We don't have it now, and we haven't had that acceptable level of qb during the Nix tenure.

I would like your posts on this issue SOOO much more if you would include Mallett!!! :oops::thumbsup:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And Buddy will look stupid for not taking Cousins, a guy they really liked, in the 3rd round and instead reached for Roscoe 2.0 - without the return ability.

Define "light it up?" Completes a pass? Throws a TD? Completes 51%? Wins the game?

PTR

And Buddy will look stupid for not taking Cousins, a guy they really liked, in the 3rd round and instead reached for Roscoe 2.0 - without the return ability.

The Browns are not pushovers. Their defense is good and Washington's O-Line is average at best. Could be a rough day for Cousins.

I would like your posts on this issue SOOO much more if you would include Mallett!!! :oops::thumbsup:

You pose an interesting question. What is it about Mallett that made teams shy away from him until the third round? Many analysts acknowledged that he had a strong (impressive) arm, was accurate and arguably the best passer of his draft class. Was it character concerns? Is he not mentally sharp? I suspect his lack of mobility was a factor in diminishing his appeal.

I remember when he had the ESPN Gruden qb quiz session. I was impressed with Mallett's knowledge of the game and I thought he came off as a good kid. The clips of his passes were stunning. If you have some answers then let me know. If you want I will gladly put him the expanding category of Nix's missed qb opportunities. Sometimes hectoring does work!!! LOL

sidenote: If you get a chance watch some qb Mike Glennon youtube clips. There are some size and throwing similarities. Let me know what you think?

Edited by JohnC

Cleveland has a tough defense . Will be interesting to see how Cousins does in a full game.

Cleveland's defense is very underrated and they've only had Phil Taylor and Ahtyba Rubin for two games together.

Also the game is in Cleveland so this is a really good test for the Redskins offense.

You pose an interesting question. What is it about Mallett that made teams shy away from him until the third round? Many analysts acknowledged that he had a strong (impressive) arm, was accurate and arguably the best passer of his draft class. Was it character concerns? Is he not mentally sharp? I suspect his lack of mobility was a factor in diminishing his appeal.

I remember when he had the ESPN Gruden qb quiz session. I was impressed with Mallett's knowledge of the game and I thought he came off as a good kid. The clips of his passes were stunning. If you have some answers then let me know. If you want I will gladly put him the expanding category of Nix's missed qb opportunities. Sometimes hectoring does work!!! LOL

Type "Ryan Mallett cocaine" or "Ryan Mallett head case" into google for your answer.

I'd send Washington a 2nd for him. That's quite a good return on their initial investment, plus they need draft picks.

With RG3s playing style they will need a good backup bc he is going to miss some time. I think Cousins value to the Skins is higher than a 2

Hes taken what 30 snaps on the NFL, was a 4th round pick and people want to trade a first rounder for him before his first start?

I understad everyone wanting a "franchise QB" whatever that means, but that is just silly

I look at it this way - would you rather send a second (and late rounder if necessary) to Washington for Cousins (if they'll take that), or do you take the second and package it with another pick to move back up into the first round to draft one of this years college prospects?

No one is this years QB class is a cant-miss guy and Cousins does have NFL experience and is looking solid in the face of pressure today...

Interesting question for sure.