Rotoworlds "weekly qb of the future update from the Bills"

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the Redskins "reach" for RGIII?

Not by any definition of the word but I have no idea what you're driving at here. RG3 is not in this draft. There aren't any qbs in this draft that are a lock to go #1 even. How often does that happen?

Not sure where you're going with that either. RGIII was considered the #2 qb/player in last years draft. The trade itself was worth it. There is no RGIII or Luck this year. There's no reason to make a trade like that. It would be akin to the trade we made for Losman which set us back several years to where we are now. No need to repeat the same mistake

Address it in the first or second and I am fine.........Fitzless 2013 and color me happy.

The Bills should address QB in the draft if at all prossible, but you are dreaming if you think that takes Fitz out of the equation. Barring another Luck or Griffin level talent in this draft, which there does not appear to be, I think the chance of Gailey playing a rookie over Fitz next year are about nil. Unless Fitz gets hurt, or a franchise capable QB becomes available via trade or free agency, or Gailey gets fired, Fitz will be the QB. People need to start dealing with this reality.

The Bills should address QB in the draft if at all prossible, but you are dreaming if you think that takes Fitz out of the equation. Barring another Luck or Griffin level talent in this draft, which there does not appear to be, I think the chance of Gailey playing a rookie over Fitz next year are about nil. Unless Fitz gets hurt, or a franchise capable QB becomes available via trade or free agency, or Gailey gets fired, Fitz will be the QB. People need to start dealing with this reality.

anytime you have a chance to keep a 23win-40loss QB in a lineup for another year is a great idea :thumbsup: that is reality my friend.

i look forward to another losing season with fitz at the helm.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Levitre seems like a great person. Good for him, glad he likes it in Buffalo.

with the Kaepernick, Cousins, Foles, Wilson etc etc misses I could care less if we go 1st or 2nd to address QB. we have already missed out on more than a few qb's that we could stand behind.

would love watching Kaep or Wilson............bring some excitement back to this team.

Youre really lamenting the loss of Cousins and Foles? Foles on 4th-13 against the cowboys I think, with the game on the line dumped it off to the outlet man and naturally he was 5 yards short. Not unlike his backup Trentative. Foles has nice poise, but he reminds me so much of Trent its uncanny.

Cousins has played what? Half a game

Not even a good comparison. RGIII would have been the number one pick if not for Luck. Theres a big difference between drafting the 1a or 1b guy and taking the 5th guy

Youre really lamenting the loss of Cousins and Foles? Foles on 4th-13 against the cowboys I think, with the game on the line dumped it off to the outlet man and naturally he was 5 yards short. Not unlike his backup Trentative. Foles has nice poise, but he reminds me so much of Trent its uncanny.

Cousins has played what? Half a game

Not even a good comparison. RGIII would have been the number one pick if not for Luck. Theres a big difference between drafting the 1a or 1b guy and taking the 5th guy

yes when i see a cupboard this bare....i do lament Foles and Cousins....i could be dead wrong.....but i think they both will pan out to be better than any option we currently have.

The ONLY QB I blame the FO for passing on is Russel Wilson. Nothing against TJ Graham, b/c he has a bright future, but when you have a guy with that much potential available in the 3rd & you have a ? at QB you pull the damn trigger, & this is coming from someone who is a fan of Fitz.

Dalton & Kaepernick are largely hindsight criticisms b/c I don't recall too many people (a few for Kap, fewer for Dalton) singing their praises a year & a half ago. But a lot of us wanted Russel Wilson.

This year, if they pass on Glennon, Jones, or Murray in the second I'll be upset. Otherwise I'm happy with Nix. I like him.

Dalton & Kaepernick are largely hindsight criticisms b/c I don't recall too many people (a few for Kap, fewer for Dalton) singing their praises a year & a half ago. But a lot of us wanted Russel Wilson.

There were plenty of people high on Dalton and Kaepernick...Those 2 QB's were all over NFL Network for months leading up to the Draft...I know Charles Davis was REAL high on Kaepernick...I remember him saying he felt Kaepernick would be the best QB in that Draft a few years down the road...I have a good friend that lives in Texas, loves the Longhorns, and liked Aaron Williams a lot...But he told me on Draft day, and every day since then (he's a jackass... :lol: ), how we were going to regret not taking Dalton...My friend was raving about Dalton when he was a Jr...And he's definitely no NFL Scout...

I don't think it's hindsight whatsoever on those two...Both were very highly regarded by some...But not highly regarded enough by The Bills and Nix...And it does not help that the guy The Bills took instead can't cover to save his life...That was a HUGE miss by Buddy and his boys...Just huge...And a big reason why I'm not much of a Nix fan... B-)

Take the best MLB in Round 1 or a truly premiere CB in Draft 2013.

Wait until Draft 2014 and trade up for Johnny Football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wouldnt it have to be 2015? He's a freshman this year right? Next year, in 2014, hell just have finished his soft more season. We'd need to wait one more year, and that's IF he comes out then. Chances are, he hears the Bills are hot for him and he stays in hoping we take a possible QB and won't draft him. He'll then go to the Pats as Brady announces his retirement.

anytime you have a chance to keep a 23win-40loss QB in a lineup for another year is a great idea

We all get that this is a QB-driven league but putting a won-loss tag on a QB is an extremely simplistic way to think about a QB. We know that games are won and lost with QB play, but they're also lost by missed field goals/blocks/tackles/defensive assignments, boneheaded play calls, failures to adjust to the other team, injury-depleted/no-depth rosters, inept clock management, dropped passes, and on and on. To hang all of these things around a QBs neck (any QBs neck) is an inaccurate gauge at best.

Edited by BillnutinHouston

The ONLY QB I blame the FO for passing on is Russel Wilson. Nothing against TJ Graham, b/c he has a bright future, but when you have a guy with that much potential available in the 3rd & you have a ? at QB you pull the damn trigger, & this is coming from someone who is a fan of Fitz.

This year, if they pass on Glennon, Jones, or Murray in the second I'll be upset. Otherwise I'm happy with Nix. I like him.

Totally agree; Russell Wilson is the one that most frustrated me . . . quality person, intelligent, always been a winner, a natural leader, can throw, creative, and he is extremely athletic. I also liked Kaepernick coming out; again, possess much the same qualities as Wilson, but faster and a stronger arm--may not have the IQ of Wilson, but seems to make up for it with athleticism.

My read: They (and Cam N., Luck and RG3 would be prime examples), represent the NFL QB of the future--see the qualities listed above.

Are there any this year that fit these qualities? I don't know. But I think Geno Smith and Colin Kline fit that profile, I think? Smith is clearly the better passer. But beyond them, none of the rest show anything more than we have now in Fitz.

Edited by CSBill

I do like this attitude better than the one from two days back:

''And I'll tell you this: if you like a quarterback, and like him in the third round, then you had better take him in the second.''

Depends on what his approach and decision will be on draft day. <_<

Sounds like an admission. I heard that the Bills had Russell Wilson rated in the 3rd round, but thought they could get him in the next round because teams had their QB'S. Never thought Seattle would take him after signing Matt Flynn to that contract. A calculated decision that backfired.

The issue of Fitz remaining with the team is an interesting one. In the best of worlds, Fitz plays until the next generation is ready, ala Kaepernick, Rogers etc, and then stays around a season or two to mentor and relieve. (they do that in baseball, why not football?) The issue is whether Fitz has the mentality to do that. two decades ago, Kelly did not have that mentality, any new QB would have been treated as a competitor by Kelly....so he wasn't going to mentor a young guy. Just wondering....because we need to get the next generation soon, and although there have been good rookies this year, I remember lots of busts in the first rounds as well. (Health Schuler , anyone?)

The Bills need to draft a QB THIS YEAR. There are several QB's to pick from and I feel that Landey Jones should be that guy. Whatever, they need to upgrade the bQB position as the NFL is a QB leaque and we do not have one that can make all of the throws which hamstrings our offense, especially vs. good teams. The Bills are kidding themselves if the is not the #1 and #2 and #3 goals going into this opffseason along with another big WR to complement Steve Johnson.

Never thought Seattle would take him after signing Matt Flynn to that contract.

That's the sort of thinking that gets one in trouble. Just because the Bills might think going 1 player deep at QB is the best thing to do, does not mean teams like the Seahawks, the 49ers, the Redskins, the Patriots, etc. don't see value in drafting a QB as depth and a guy to develop.

We all get that this is a QB-driven league but putting a won-loss tag on a QB is an extremely simplistic way to think about a QB. We know that games are won and lost with QB play, but they're also lost by missed field goals/blocks/tackles/defensive assignments, boneheaded play calls, failures to adjust to the other team, injury-depleted/no-depth rosters, inept clock management, dropped passes, and on and on. To hang all of these things around a QBs neck (any QBs neck) is an inaccurate gauge at best.

agree to a degree, it can't be the sole be all end all for judging a qb. just using his career record to justify why a change at QB will not hurt us much. if he was better there would definitely be a few more W's and less L's in that record.......I have seen enough of a sample size from Fitz to definitively say he's a good backup. Consistency is needed to be a starter and enough is enough.

Edited by Ryan L Billz