Rotoworlds "weekly qb of the future update from the Bills"

Bills LG Andy Levitre has "nothing to report" on contract talks with the club this season.

"I'd love to stay here," Levitre said. "It's a great place. I love the staff. I love the people here in Buffalo." The sides opened preliminary talks in the offseason, but "as of now," there's nothing in the works. Levitre's 60 consecutive starts are the most of any Bills player, and he grades out ninth among NFL guards this season, according to Pro Football Focus.

Source: Buffalo News

Dec 7 - 9:45 AM

Ryan Fitzpatrick - QB - Bills

Bills GM Buddy Nix cautioned that he will "not necessarily" draft the franchise's QB of the future in the first round next year.

It's your weekly QB of the future update from the Bills. Nix has made it clear that he will seek a long-term solution to the position in the offseason, but he also realizes he can't reach for a QB if his personnel department isn't on board with the prospect's NFL projection. "We'll still take the best player," said Nix.

Source: Buffalo News

Dec 7 - 9:39 AM

Guess it's time to start guessing which CB or LB it will be in the first!

Edited by Ryan L Billz

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To those who bash Buffalo and the team and say Gailey lost the team: Levitre: "It's a great place, I love the staff"

Before you say, "well, what do you expect? for him to throw the staff under the bus" I say he could have said, "We will see what happens" and nothing more.

Bills GM Buddy Nix cautioned that he will "not necessarily" draft the franchise's QB of the future in the first round next year.

It's your weekly QB of the future update from the Bills. Nix has made it clear that he will seek a long-term solution to the position in the offseason, but he also realizes he can't reach for a QB if his personnel department isn't on board with the prospect's NFL projection. "We'll still take the best player," said Nix.

I do like this attitude better than the one from two days back:

''And I'll tell you this: if you like a quarterback, and like him in the third round, then you had better take him in the second.''

Depends on what his approach and decision will be on draft day. <_<

Edited by Fan in Chicago

To those who bash Buffalo and the team and say Gailey lost the team: Levitre: "It's a great place, I love the staff"

Before you say, "well, what do you expect? for him to throw the staff under the bus" I say he could have said, "We will see what happens" and nothing more.

Im guilty of it myself....but i think most of the talk is pure frustrations...

I always say F the Bills im not watching another game....well come sunday there i am with my Bills gear on screaming at my TV!

Levitre seems like a great person. Good for him, glad he likes it in Buffalo.

with the Kaepernick, Cousins, Foles, Wilson etc etc misses I could care less if we go 1st or 2nd to address QB. we have already missed out on more than a few qb's that we could stand behind.

would love watching Kaep or Wilson............bring some excitement back to this team.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Who cares if Gailey has "lost the team." He has lost the most important thing, GAMES!!

Take the best MLB in Round 1 or a truly premiere CB in Draft 2013.

Wait until Draft 2014 and trade up for Johnny Football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT A terrible idea. Would love him.

Edited by RyanC883

Address it in the first or second and I am fine.........Fitzless 2013 and color me happy.

Taking a QB in the first or second round won't gaurentee a Fitzless 2013 if that's what you truly want. They prospect will probably sit for most of his first season if he plays at all. Fitz is likely the QB for next year.

Take the best MLB in Round 1 or a truly premiere CB in Draft 2013.

Wait until Draft 2014 and trade up for Johnny Football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what about 2013? we are not going to live forever, just win NOW baby!

FA qb maybe? I can live a stopgap i guess.

Taking a QB in the first or second round won't gaurentee a Fitzless 2013 if that's what you truly want. They prospect will probably sit for most of his first season if he plays at all. Fitz is likely the QB for next year.

hopefully you are wrong......that would be a nightmare. 5 years ago young qb's had to "wait there turn" nowadays the plug and play frequency and success seems to be much higher.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Who cares if Gailey has "lost the team." He has lost the most important thing, GAMES!!

I agree with you, but one of the reasons thrown against Gailey is that the players don't respond to him and that is why we lose games. I want to see Gailey with a better QB, With a better QB, i have no doubt we would be in the playoffs.

what about 2013? we are not going to live forever, just win NOW baby!

FA qb maybe? I can live a stopgap i guess.

hopefully you are wrong......that would be a nightmare. 5 years ago young qb's had to "wait there turn" nowadays the plug and play frequency and success seems to be much higher.

I hope I'm not wrong, none of the QBs coming out of the draft this year seem to be the pick and immediately plug types. We'd be in for some real growing pains. If you think Fitz is bad.

Especailly for someone, you seemingly, want to reach on.

I hope I'm not wrong, none of the QBs coming out of the draft this year seem to be the pick and immediately plug types. We'd be in for some real growing pains. If you think Fitz is bad.

3 years we have beat 1 team with winning record :bag: :bag: :bag: . it would be quite a feat for a qb to do worse than Fitz IMO.

One thing I don't have is patience.........lets get the qb change done............i am prepared to deal with the results good or bad.

This. I've always been on the mindstate regardless of what qb you draft it's best to have a smart capable vet backing him up/mentoring the young qb. Regardless of what qb we draft I'd rather have fitz be that mentor qb than the likes of Thigpen or Tarvaris Jackson. I've said it before I'll say it again. I would rather a young qb learn from the bench and the mental side of the game before he's thrown to the wolves. Regardless of a handfull of other circumstances around the league. Eli sat behind Warner most of his rookie year. Brady behind Bledsoe. Rodgers behind Favre. It took Brees years before he was good enough. Schaub sat for years before becoming what he is today. You have exceptions, but more often than not qb's have to sit and learn before they're ready. There is no RGIII or Luck in this draft.

3 years we have beat 1 team with winning record :bag: :bag: :bag: . it would be quite a feat for a qb to do worse than Fitz IMO.

One thing I don't have is patience.........lets get the qb change done............i am prepared to deal with the results good or bad.

It's a virtue, you should learn it.