Javon Belcher Update

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update: He is still a piece of sh*t, even in death.

100%

Quite frankly, I found the 'horrible tragedy' thread on the main board to be pretty lame too. Way too many people afraid to call a spade a spade these days. This guy was a worthless subhuman; I hope he's rotting in hell.

Really coming out now that this guy wasnt exactly a saint.

But hey...its the gun's fault.

i said it in the other thread, and ill mention it again here - i dont think this should be a gun control issue on a government level, but damn you hope that a friend or family member steps in if your a guy with a history of alcohol, drugs, with a recent head injury and possibly a track record of a temper, a currently volatile relationship and access to multiple guns (used atleast 2 different).

its possible they tried to reason with him and he resisted, but i havent heard ANYONE say that they reached out to maybe "hold on to the guns for a couple weeks while things settle down and they figure out whats going on with the concussion."

if you have friends with a weapon like that, and you know they are in a bad way - it might upset them - but you might be surprised that they appreciate you reaching out.

Edited by NoSaint

Right. We need more guns. His girlfriend should've been armed too, that way she could've intervened and shot him before he shot her. Or maybe their 3 month-old could've stopped it if he was armed too. We have a serious problem in this country and it will never change with this type of mentality. The simple fact is that in other westernized countries that don't allow guns, there are exponentially fewer murders. Please, I beg you to just do a simple google search and look at the numbers (cue someone saying, "but yeah, they have knife violence").

Edited by metzelaars_lives

It's not the guns fault. It's the fault of a system that puts fewer limitations on getting a gun than buying a beer or driving a car.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Used to like Costas, but I think I'll just mute the sound when he's on from now on..

Like the radio commentator said yesterday:

• Bob Costas quotes Jason Whitlock's column
  • Whitlock's column says that (a) guns are to blame and (b) the NFL is insensitive to playing the game the day afterwards
  • Costas quotes (a) but not (b)
  • What a magical coincidence - Costas says nothing about (b), since his salary is directly related to his network maintaining good relations with the NFL

It's not the guns fault. It's the fault of a system that puts fewer limitations on getting a gun than buying a beer or driving a car.

PTR

Without a gun, the girlfriend would likely still be dead, but the criminal who killed her would still be alive and a burden on the prison system.

Right. We need more guns. His girlfriend should've been armed too, that way she could've intervened and shot him before he shot her. Or maybe their 3 month-old could've stopped it if he was armed too. We have a serious problem in this country and it will never change with this type of mentality. The simple fact is that in other westernized countries that don't allow guns, there are exponentially fewer murders. Please, I beg you to just do a simple google search and look at the numbers (cue someone saying, "but yeah, they have knife violence").

It's not a "gun control" issue, it's a domestic violence issue. Turning this into a gun control issue is mendacious pontificating that ignores the larger issue - namely, that in the time it took you to pontificate, and me to respond, one woman in this country had the **** beat out of her by her significant other.

I'm sure Nicole Brown Simpson would agree with me, if she could.