Javon Belcher Update

If you are seriously asking, you can read plenty more here. And if you are seriously unaware of the difference between the way Americans view guns vs the rest of the world, then you need to travel more.

I'm not advocating either side here, but please don't act like Americans arent obsessed with their firearms. Or that this is a new trend or term.

I am seriously asking, because I've heard it used so many times in so many different contexts that it can't mean the same thing every time I hear it.

And firearms are fun. We get it, you can't shoot. Boo hoo :nana:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are seriously asking, you can read plenty more here. And if you are seriously unaware of the difference between the way Americans view guns vs the rest of the world, then you need to travel more.

I'm not advocating either side here, but please don't act like Americans arent obsessed with their firearms. Or that this is a new trend or term.

If you dont like gay marriage dont get one.

If you dont like abortions, dont get one.

Well, if you dont like guns.....DONT !@#$ING GET ONE

I am seriously asking, because I've heard it used so many times in so many different contexts that it can't mean the same thing every time I hear it.

And firearms are fun. We get it, you can't shoot. Boo hoo :nana:

Haha, Im not that bad actually. Not nearly as good as some of my Southern friends down here, but not bad for someone who was raised in NY by a couple of bleeding heart liberals. And the range by me rents all sorts of automatic weapons. Fun Saturdays!

And you are correct that "gun culture" has a few different meanings. Guess it depends on the context and country being discussed.

If you dont like gay marriage dont get one.

If you dont like abortions, dont get one.

Well, if you dont like guns.....DONT !@#$ING GET ONE

I dont disagree, except that a gay guy cant get mad at me in traffic and marry me. Whereas certain "people who like guns" tend to force that bullet on you even if you dont like guns...

I dont disagree, except that a gay guy cant get mad at me in traffic and marry me. Whereas certain "people who like guns" tend to force that bullet on you even if you dont like guns...

Maybe after a few drinks?

Right. We need more guns. His girlfriend should've been armed too, that way she could've intervened and shot him before he shot her. Or maybe their 3 month-old could've stopped it if he was armed too. We have a serious problem in this country and it will never change with this type of mentality. The simple fact is that in other westernized countries that don't allow guns, there are exponentially fewer murders. Please, I beg you to just do a simple google search and look at the numbers (cue someone saying, "but yeah, they have knife violence").

Disturbed people like that are going to hurt others, whether it be with a pistol or he beat her into a coma... The concern for me is always the "ease" in which someone who is going to cause harm can do it (like James Holmes, do we need 100 round clip to protect our homes and liberty against tyranny??- don't know for sure) I am a pro-gun guy, there are Millions of people in this country who own mutliple guns, keep them locked, they take courses on safety/use, and would be terrified to turn that gun on someone because the thought of using that weapon on another human is frightening (even though they probably spout out like Wyatt Earp and John Wayne).

Guns, quite honestly, are the least of my worries in the US. Heck, the dumb blonde B word, with those bigg sunglasses blabbing on her phone in an Expedition scare me way more...

Haha, Im not that bad actually. Not nearly as good as some of my Southern friends down here, but not bad for someone who was raised in NY by a couple of bleeding heart liberals. And the range by me rents all sorts of automatic weapons. Fun Saturdays!

And you are correct that "gun culture" has a few different meanings. Guess it depends on the context and country being discussed.

But he can get out of his car and challenge you to a dance off...

http://deadspin.com/5965610/jovan-belcher-and-kasandra-perkins-had-a-house-full-of-guns-and-belcher-was-joking-about-them-on-friday-night

word is the couple had roughly 8 guns in the house, and that both were well trained with them.

bad situation getting worse the more we hear. the previously discussed booze/drugs, volatile relationship and guns laying around all over.... sounds like this was just ugly all around.

Edited by NoSaint

I am just here because the talk went to anti-gay. How this went from a tragedy to gun control to bashing gays is laughable.

WTF did McNair ever do to deserve it?

Nothing, just being a drama queen. I do think he is a special kind of scum to do that to his family, but no one deserves to die (though some shouldn't be allowed to live).

Edited by jboyst62

100%

Quite frankly, I found the 'horrible tragedy' thread on the main board to be pretty lame too. Way too many people afraid to call a spade a spade these days. This guy was a worthless subhuman; I hope he's rotting in hell.

It wasn't that. Some vagina w/ mod privileges deleted any posts critical of the POS.

That doesn't do anything to discount that a concussion could've been related. It does however fit everything that's been trickling out about the situation though. Highly volatile relationship, lots of issues etc....

I'm not on the concussion caused it bandwagon, but I do think it made the situation more volatile, and added layers of stress a few different ways though. The last thing these two needed was more problems in the house.

Even without it, it's sounding more and more like something terrible was on the horizon though

I haven't seen this reported so I've bit my tongue on it some. Having some loose ties to KC, I've heard from sources deep within that the police had been to the house a few times before and knew of the issues/history here too. Not 100% sure on that so I've held off and kept to "volatile relationship being reported" but the espn report coupled with his and her friends reports leads me to trust this tidbit enough to share on a "keep an eye out for this" basis. Sounds possible, perhaps likely.

Right. We need more guns. His girlfriend should've been armed too, that way she could've intervened and shot him before he shot her. Or maybe their 3 month-old could've stopped it if he was armed too. We have a serious problem in this country and it will never change with this type of mentality. The simple fact is that in other westernized countries that don't allow guns, there are exponentially fewer murders. Please, I beg you to just do a simple google search and look at the numbers (cue someone saying, "but yeah, they have knife violence").

Yeah! Switzerland has some of the lowest violence in the world an they ban guns! Wait, what? Sorry, they issue an Assault Rifle to every citizen.

The inherent beliefs of a privileged class that they're "special", that the rules don't apply to them, that they're above the law is one of the root causes of this tragedy. There are a lot of athletes who have trouble coping with their rage - whether it's chemically induced, trauma induced, gene pool induced, or they're a product of a dirt ball upbringing.

The NFL and other leagues should ban players convicted of domestic assault. They are thugs that do not deserve the money and adulation that owners, fans and media shower on them constantly.

The inherent beliefs of a privileged class that they're "special", that the rules don't apply to them, that they're above the law is one of the root causes of this tragedy. There are a lot of athletes who have trouble coping with their rage - whether it's chemically induced, trauma induced, gene pool induced, or they're a product of a dirt ball upbringing.

The NFL and other leagues should ban players convicted of domestic assault. They are thugs that do not deserve the money and adulation that owners, fans and media shower on them constantly.

whoa, easy there, sparky. Not all convictions are created equally. You're going to lump a lot of guys with vindictive girlfriends in with the real scumbags that way.

whoa, easy there, sparky. Not all convictions are created equally. You're going to lump a lot of guys with vindictive girlfriends in with the real scumbags that way.

Not to mention the fact that in many states, that might be considered a discriminatory hiring policy. Combine that with the fact that the model for business success in sports means fielding the best athletes, some of whom have criminal records. If the player can be managed from a PR standpoint, he will be rostered. Dollars rule the day, always have, always will.

There's a reason the NFL has been doing the community service ads against domestic violence. This is one of the situations we know about. I expect it's a very pervasive issue, mostly still behind closed doors. As it is in the rest of America. Say what you will about the middle east, at least they're right out front and center in abusing their wives, girlfriends and daughters. And after the initial outrage, about the same amount of action is taken to stop it.