The team is not out of Playoff Hunt

djp14150

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the futility of this season sunk in when I saw that Thursday Night Football's theme was that the Bills play spoilers to the lowly Phins...at midseason.

While our playoff chances became highly unlikely after Sunday's lost to the Pats*, a loss Thursday will make it impossible. More so in a long time, I hope we throttle the Dolphins in epic proportions Thursday.

I think the futility of this season sunk in when I saw that Thursday Night Football's theme was that the Bills play spoilers to the lowly Phins...at midseason.

While our playoff chances became highly unlikely after Sunday's lost to the Pats*, a loss Thursday will make it impossible. More so in a long time, I hope we throttle the Dolphins in epic proportions Thursday.

They made that ad a bit ago. The Dolphins are only one game ahead of us. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

We do absolutely need to "squish the fish" on Thursday - convicingly.

ha ha great contribution. :wallbash:

I believe the Bills can and will win Thursday and go on a 4 game streak. The two games that scare me the most are against Seattle and @ Miami.

Mark Seattle down as a loss. Their D is amazing, and if we can't score, we loose with our D. I think that could be our only loss going forward. Hopefully enough to sneak into final WC spot. Gotta cheer for the Ravens and Bengals to loose. (I think Indy's schedule will catch up to them, although I do like how they are playing).

We have to win out, and we all know that if we get to 6 in a row, we'll mess it up in the final week.

You forgot to add...against the other teams 3rd string players.

They made that ad a bit ago. The Dolphins are only one game ahead of us. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

We do absolutely need to "squish the fish" on Thursday - convicingly.

Really? If they made it a long time ago, you'd think the roles would be reversed. Buffalo was supposed to be the good team. Don't usually let the media's ignoring or bashing of this team--it deserves it--bother me, but that tagline really got my goat for some reason.

Only in Buffalo do the fans get excited because their team actually came close to beating a declining power in the conference. look at the Bills three wins-two against the worse teams in the conference, and a lucky win versus a perennial loser in the NFC. Am I missing something here?

Only in Buffalo do the fans get excited because their team actually came close to beating a declining power in the conference. look at the Bills three wins-two against the worse teams in the conference, and a lucky win versus a perennial loser in the NFC. Am I missing something here?

Yes, you missed the mandatory koolaid snorting party.

But if you look at the qualify of opponents of the first 9 games compared to the last 7. And the fact that 6 of the first 9 games were away. Plus the feeling of some that the defense just CAN'T continue to suck as bad as they have been. All of this gives people at least the hope of a strong finish.

Realistically, I see a split with Miami, losses to Seattle and Indy, a close game but a win against the Rams. And wins against Jax and the nyets.

So 7-9. Cue the Jauron flashback.

Edited by CodeMonkey

The people who are delusional are the ones that jumped off of a cliff after the Houston loss. We are who we are. We are not good enough to beat good teams, but we are good to enough to beat the weak part of our schedule.

Maybe I am delusional because everyone on here keeps calling me am a crackpot. But then I realize that the people calling me a crackpot are those that want to start Tyler Thigpen, fire Chan Gailey after a bad playcall, and hire Eric Mangini (or better yet, Bill Cowher).

If we are good enough to beat the weaker teams, why the loss to Tennessee?

I am not for starting Thigpen, firing Chan or hiring anyone else. What I am is a realist who sees a team that has not shown the ability to win the games they should. The Bills are not a good enough team for a playoff run yet.

If we are good enough to beat the weaker teams, why the loss to Tennessee?

I am not for starting Thigpen, firing Chan or hiring anyone else. What I am is a realist who sees a team that has not shown the ability to win the games they should. The Bills are not a good enough team for a playoff run yet.

I actually started two threads on here recently. The first thread was that the Tennessee loss was the most disappointing loss of the year-- we absolutely needed to win that game and should have won that game. But sometimes you don't win the games you should win.

The other thread I started was to say that I was okay with the Houston loss, because the team played better and I didn't expect to win. I was thoroughly flamed for that thread, because, I guess, people on here think this team is good enough to beat the best team in the league on the road.

All I am saying is that this team, with its inconsistent offense and utterly disappointing defense, is good enough to win 8-10 games this year. They're bad enough to get killed by all of the potential playoff teams, they're inconsistent enough that they may blow games they should win, but they are good enough to win and should win 6-7 of these games down the stretch.

This only seems delusional because our schedule was so horribly skewed with most of our tough games up front and the easier ones in the back.

"they can EASILY win all the rest of their games"????

what are you smoking?

even if its the easiest schedule, playing against all winless teams, and you were the best team in the NFL, it would not ever be EASY to win 7 straight games in the NFL...and we dont play all winless teams, and we aren't the best team in the NFL (or even close)....

maybe you meant to say "its possible (very slightly) that they would win the rest of their games"?

Wow, this is apples and oranges...top team vs 0 for whatever teams and you dont think they could win 7 in a row. I think the Packers from last year would easily destroy this years KC Cheifs 7 games in a row IMO. Thats a rediculous statement. Now the Bills won't have as easy of a time, but its certainly not unthinkable. Get off your high horse.

Given this team started 6 of 9 on the road and having to play 4 of those games against very difficult opponents on the road it was expected this team would go at best 5-4.....which they almost did. It came down to a play in each game from that vs 3-6. The expected record was 4-5.

They can easily win out the rest of the games and finish 10-6. 5 of them are home games, 2 of them are road games.

If they go 6-1 they still aren't out of it. Its quite possible the two WC teams from the AFC are 9-7 or worse.

With them losing today it will be very difficult for them to win the division. The Bills would need to have a better record than New England.

I think with the way the D is playing your are delusional !! The offense is playing well enough even if you figure in 1 INT by Fitz per game , but the D can't stop opponents enough to keep us ahead in the game .

With scoring 24 + points in the last 3 out of 4 games we should be sitting at 6 & 4, if our $100 million dollar man was living up to his hype, but he's not so that is in part why we are 3 & 7 ..

I went & looked at the rest of the schedule & figuring in how the Defense is playing i believe 4 & 12 will be our record at the end of the season , the only team i think we have a good chance at beating is Jacksonville ..

Which being 4 & 12 isn't all that bad if we can get Manti Teo with our first pick if Buddy is willing to go after him & get Tyler Wilson (my first choice) ,Klien or someone else in the second round ...

Edited by T master