Benghazi

This latest report on Christie is going to blow everyone's mind. Impossible to think he knew in advance and could have stopped the bridge closing..

"The report also notes, chillingly, that the FBI's investigation into the attacks has been hampered inside Libya, and that 15 people "supporting the investigation or otherwise helpful to the United States" have since been killed in Benghazi."

so that's fifteen more dead because the administration wouldn't own up? that's sickening.

Edited by Azalin

Feinstein Takes Issue with NYT Benghazi Story

“It doesn’t jibe with me,” Senator Dianne Feinstein (D., Calif.) said of last month’s New York Times report that claimed al-Qaeda was not behind the 2012 Benghazi attacks on an American diplomatic facility. “I believe that groups loosely associated with al-Qaeda were” involved, the Senate Intelligence Committee chairwoman told the Hill.

Both Democrats and Republicans have taken issue with the story. Last month, after the news report was published, House Intelligence Committee chairman Mike Rogers (R., Mich.) questioned its accuracy, especially its claim that al-Qaeda was not involved.

“There was some level of pre-planning; we know that,” said Rogers. “There was aspiration to conduct an attack by al-Qaeda and their affiliates in Libya; we know that.”

"The report also notes, chillingly, that the FBI's investigation into the attacks has been hampered inside Libya, and that 15 people "supporting the investigation or otherwise helpful to the United States" have since been killed in Benghazi."

so that's fifteen more dead because the administration wouldn't own up? that's sickening.

What difference does it make?

Benghazi: Obama Administration Lied Before They Lied

Another interesting turn reported by Fox, that the rest of the media will ignore in favor or running a zillion more stories on Bridgegate. Or maybe they’ll spend some time discussing the ins and outs of the Justin Bieber egg-throwing scandal:

On the eve of the terrorist attacks that killed U.S. Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens and three other Americans in Benghazi, the Obama White House may have exaggerated the scope and depth of President Obama’s preparation for such attacks, newly declassified documents show.

On Sept. 10, 2012 —
the day before
Al Qaeda-linked terrorists carried out the bloody assault on the U.S. consulate and a related annex in Benghazi — the White House Press Office issued a press release entitled “Readout of the President’s Meeting with Senior Administration Officials on Our Preparedness and Security Posture on the Eleventh Anniversary of September 11th.”

A set of “Top Secret” documents obtained by Fox News reveals that the nation’s highest-ranking uniformed military officer, Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, testified to Congress in executive session last year that the Sept. 10 meeting “was actually a conference call.” Moreover, Dempsey testified, Libya was never even discussed during the call, despite a persistent and increasingly worrisome stream of threat reporting from that country, and from Benghazi in particular.

The Sept. 10 press release stated that the session had covered the “specific measures we are taking” and “steps taken” to protect Americans and U.S. facilities abroad. It also related an order from President Obama for all agencies to “do everything possible to protect the American people, both at home and abroad.”

Yet the declassified documents show that Dempsey testified to the Congress last year
that not a single directive had been issued by him or Defense Secretary Leon Panetta to adjust American military force posture anywhere in the world as the 9/11 anniversary loomed just hours away.

This is becoming easier to understand and explain. It doesn’t even need a gun-running component, though one may be involved.

In the fall of 2012, the Obama White House was focused on re-election to the point that it was shutting its real duties out. President Obama was shutting his own real duties out, campaigning far more than governing. He hadn’t met with his jobs council in months. He was skipping his daily security intel briefings. The Sept. 10 release was sent out to make him look presidential, without actually performing the duties of president. There was no security meeting, and no forces were actually moved around anywhere to gear up for the 9-11 anniversary. There was a conference call, a conversation, and a press release.

{snip}

The attack happens. It’s clear from the beginning that it was an attack, the military briefed administration officials that it was an attack, but the State Department had been denying field requests from Benghazi to beef up security, and there’s a paper trail of those denials. Obama hasn’t been attending to his daily intel briefings. Obama, derelict in his duty every bit as much as Clinton, has been campaigning on the theme that “al Qaeda is defeated and on the run.” Well, here they are to spoil that particular campaign line and re-write their own in the blood of four Americans.

The inconvenience of four dead Americans could not be allowed to become speedbumps slowing Obama’s path to re-election.

Incompetence? Well, I'll take the incompetence of this administration over the far worse incompetence of the previous administration any day. Any sane and non-imbecilic would. Naturally, that leaves a fool like you out

that's because this is democrat incompetence....you can relate to it.

Incompetence? Well, I'll take the incompetence of this administration...

Not to mention, this administration gives you the added comedy of finding out four Americans were left for dead by the WH and State Dept. We all know you got a good laugh out of Benghazi.

But they're brown people, so we don't give a ****.

Incompetence? Well, I'll take the incompetence of this administration over the far worse incompetence of the previous administration any day. Any sane and non-imbecilic would. Naturally, that leaves a fool like you out

So you'll take incompetence? So in your mind there are acceptable levels of incompetence? Interesting.

that's because this is democrat incompetence....you can relate to it.

Ummm no you complete doofus, its like comparing four dead incompetence, to thousands of dead incompetence looking for WMD. Can you understand that? Ok, I shouldn't have asked, because you really are too stupid to understand.

So you'll take incompetence? So in your mind there are acceptable levels of incompetence? Interesting.

Tell me one President that hasn't made some sort of incompetent looking mistake.

Ummm no you complete doofus, its like comparing four dead incompetence, to thousands of dead incompetence looking for WMD. Can you understand that? Ok, I shouldn't have asked, because you really are too stupid to understand.

Tell me one President that hasn't made some sort of incompetent looking mistake.

Who said anything about appearing incompetent?

will you ever realize that saying something idiotic isn't ammended by saying something else even more idiotic?

besides, if I really was that stupid, then I'd be agreeing with you.