Benghazi

indeed. I mean at this point, what difference does it make?

Let me be clear, there is no point, it makes no difference and nothing happened. I have personally looked at this issue myself and that I have concluded after I went through an exhaustive investigation involving the people I put into that position that I had nothing to do with this fake controversy. I have spoken. Me.

Let me be clear, there is no point, it makes no difference and nothing happened. I have personally looked at this issue myself and that I have concluded after I went through an exhaustive investigation involving the people I put into that position that I had nothing to do with this fake controversy. I have spoken. Me.

well then, there's no controversy. thank you madame secretary. I'm so glad you had the opportunity to so effectively serve our great nation as our chief diplomat. got any plans for 2016?

Benghazi, Libya, has become training hub for Islamist fighters

By Nancy A. Youssef

BENGHAZI, Libya — Every week, about a dozen Syrians arrive at Benghazi’s airport for what’s described as insurgent training. When they fly out, they’re carrying fake Libyan passports, according to three officials familiar with the comings and goings of foreigners at the airport.

The accounts of the officials, who asked to remain anonymous because of the sensitivity of the topic, are more evidence that this city in Libya has become a regional hub for Islamist extremists seeking to hone their combat skills.

Fighters from Tunisia and Algeria also are thought to be training here, driving across Libya’s borders to reach Benghazi, the birthplace of the uprising that, with NATO’s help, toppled Moammar Gadhafi two years ago. But the Syrians’ routine arrival and departure by air indicates that the training process is better organized and financed than had been realized.

Edited by B-Man

info from closed hearings slowly leaks out revealing Benghazi to be a total screw-up. They knew that there should have been more security forthe forewarned September 11th anniversary attacks

‘Stand down’: CIA Benghazi team clash led to controversial order

WASHINGTON (AP) — CIA officers revealed a clash over how quickly they should go help the besieged U.S. ambassador during the 2012 attack on an outpost in Libya, and a standing order for them to avoid violent encounters, according to a congressman and others who heard their private congressional testimony or were briefed on it.

The Obama administration has been dogged by complaints that the White House, Pentagon and State Department may not have done enough before and during the attack to save U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three others, and by accusations that it later engaged in a cover-up.

One allegation was that U.S. officials told the CIA to “stand down” and not go to the aid of the Americans. Top CIA and Defense and State Department officials have denied that.

The testimony from the CIA officers and contractors who were in Libya on the night of Sept. 11, 2012, bolster those denials, but also shed light on what may have led to the delay of up to 30 minutes to respond, according to the varying accounts.

NO BENGHAZI REGRETS...

National Security Adviser Susan Rice says she has no regrets about taking the Sunday show interviews that brought her career under fire in September 2012.

Pressed Sunday on CBS’s “60 Minutes” as to why Hillary Clinton didn’t appear for interviews following the lethal attacks on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Rice said she had filled in willingly because of the then-secretary of state’s particularly “painful” and “stressful” week.

I don’t have time to think about the false controversy,” Rice said.

Unavailable for comment...................

636_110512_fx_benghazi2.jpg

Okay, you two... Nixon-1-R-250.gif way in the back.

Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein, Washington Post... Nixon-1a-300.gif Mr. President, have you any comment on the break in at the Watergate?

No, Mr. Woodward, I've no time... Nixon-2-R-250.gif for such a 'false controversy' like that.

Fine, Mr. President. I'll call the paper... Nixon-2a-300.gif and tell them to kill the story.

Thanks, boys... Nixon-3-R-250.gif you two are credit to journalism.

and for the weaker posters here on the board, this is NOT an equivalancy/non-equivalancy of Benghazi and Watergate, but rather (an obvious) commentary on the media.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/12/28/benghazi-new-york-times/4232109/

A lengthy New York Times investigation of the deadly 2012 attack on the U.S diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya, found no involvement by al-Qaeda or other international terrorists groups and was accelerated in part by anger at a U.S.-made video denigrating Islam. ?????

http://www.nytimes.com/projects/2013/benghazi/?hp#/?chapt=0

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/12/28/benghazi-new-york-times/4232109/

A lengthy New York Times investigation of the deadly 2012 attack on the U.S diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya, found no involvement by al-Qaeda or other international terrorists groups and was accelerated in part by anger at a U.S.-made video denigrating Islam.

http://www.nytimes.com/projects/2013/benghazi/?hp#/?chapt=0

So 6 people saw the video. Ugh..shadowy character my ass

Edited by drinkTHEkoolaid

Okay, you two... Nixon-1-R-250.gif way in the back.

Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein, Washington Post... Nixon-1a-300.gif Mr. President, have

and for the weaker posters here on the board, this is NOT an equivalancy/non-equivalancy of Benghazi and Watergate, but rather (an obvious) commentary on the media

and for the weak poster that made this post have you forgotten the lies of CBS and Fox about this trying find something, anything about this "story"

http://www.usatoday....-times/4232109/

A lengthy New York Times investigation of the deadly 2012 attack on the U.S diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya, found no involvement by al-Qaeda or other international terrorists groups and was accelerated in part by anger at a U.S.-made video denigrating Islam. ?????

http://www.nytimes.c...i/?hp#/?chapt=0

Op-Ed by Susan Rice?

Op-Ed by Susan Rice?

LOL................not too many are buying the Hillary in 2016/ NYT Benghazi piece

Members of the House Intelligence Committee, including its chair, voiced bipartisan criticism of a recent New York Times investigation which claimed that al-Qaida had nothing to do with last year’s attacks on a diplomatic facility in Benghazi.

Representatives Mike Rogers (R., Mich.), the committee’s chair, and Adam Schiff (D., Calif.) took to Fox News Sunday to contest its claims. Rogers called the piece “just not accurate,” while Schiff said he didn’t “think it’s complete.” Both indicated that their intelligence has found pre-planning and aspirations of an attack for al-Qaeda and its affiliates, such as Ansar al-Sharia.

Rogers also pointed to the curious timing of the Times piece as well as a recent 60 Minutes feature of Susan Rice. “I don’t want to speculate on why they might do it, but I can tell you that the information that’s being presented in a way that we heard before and, through the investigation, have been able to determine is not accurate in its betrayal,” he said.

http://www.nationalr...-andrew-johnson

PAUL MIRENGOFF: The New York Times’ revisionist account of Benghazi.

“I suspect that the Times story tells us more about Hillary Clinton’s assessment of the threat Benghazi poses to her likely 2016 run for president than it does about what happened in Benghazi. But to the extent that the Times story is viewed as shedding a new, different light on the Benghazi, perhaps the House should hold new hearings on the attack. . . . It also matters that the Obama administration’s account of the attack, per Susan Rice, was inaccurate even if one accepts the Times’ dubious reporting. The Times acknowledges this, though it chooses to characterize Rice’s account as just a ‘misstatement.’

It’s all about trying to take the heat off Hillary. But we still don’t know why she refused repeated requests for more security in Benghazi. We also don’t know where Obama was that night. The Times doesn’t seem that interested in telling us, either.

Edited by B-Man

http://www.nytimes.com/projects/2013/benghazi/?partner=rss&emc=rss#/?chapt=0

Months of investigation by The New York Times, centered on extensive interviews with Libyans in Benghazi who had direct knowledge of the attack there and its context, turned up no evidence that Al Qaeda or other international terrorist groups had any role in the assault. The attack was led, instead, by fighters who had benefited directly from NATO’s extensive air power and logistics support during the uprising against Colonel Qaddafi. And contrary to claims by some members of Congress, it was fueled in large part by anger at an American-made video denigrating Islam.

Who made this video that got our people killed?

There is no doubt that anger over the video motivated many attackers. A Libyan journalist working for The New York Times was blocked from entering by the sentries outside, and he learned of the film from the fighters who stopped him. Other Libyan witnesses, too, said they received lectures from the attackers about the evil of the film and the virtue of defending the prophet

The New York Times’ revisionist account of Benghazi

The NY Times’ Attempt to Whitewash Benghazi: Not Just Wrong, But Futile

NY Times: What difference at this point does Benghazi make?

A Republican and a Democrat from the House Intelligence Committee say the NYT got its Benghazi story wrong.

I'm just wondering why some people have such an easy time calling out Lara Logan for relying too much on one source in her debunked 60 Minutes report, but think the NYT has it right because they interviewed a couple of locals who probably received some sort of compensation for talking to the NYT reporter.

Silly.

Journalists don't know how to be journalists anymore. There's no critical thinking involved. It's all the appearance of "hard investigative" news, but if you look close, the whole thing kind of falls apart.