Benghazi

Ummm no you complete doofus, its like comparing four dead incompetence, to thousands of dead incompetence looking for WMD. Can you understand that? Ok, I shouldn't have asked, because you really are too stupid to understand.

Tell me one President that hasn't made some sort of incompetent looking mistake.

Ummm no you complete doofus, its like comparing four dead incompetence, to thousands of dead incompetence looking for WMD.

So you think HIllary Clinton is more incompetent than Barack Obama?

Wow. Quite the claim. But I guess I can see your point...sort of....

Let’s put this together. The State Department, run by Hillary Clinton, and the CIA, run independently by David Petraeus under DNI James Clapper, didn’t coordinate efforts to safeguard the consulate. The DoD under Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta didn’t provide readiness to respond.

The common point of leadership among these agencies is … President Barack Obama. That is where the blame lies, and it’s striking that the Senate’s bipartisan report makes that argument, even if indirectly.

And why did the growing menace in Libya get ignored? Obama had spent a year arguing that his intervention against Moammar Qaddafi was the new and correct model for Western military intervention in the Middle East, explicitly drawing a contrast between his actions and those of George Bush in Iraq. If the White House, DoD, and State suddenly had to shift a lot of security and military resources to protect Americans in “liberated” Benghazi — or bug out, like everyone else did — it would have made the failure of that intervention in the larger context of American security all the more obvious in an election cycle that Obama barely won. That’s also why the administration seized on the YouTube video as the primary explanation for getting caught by surprise, rather than just the context of the recruitment for the attack.

The White House’s blameshifting is over, and the Senate and House should start demanding answers from Hillary Clinton, Leon Panetta, and David Petraeus in light of this report.

Update: Senator Richard Burr (R-NC) agrees, especially in regard to State:

“This bipartisan report is a step forward in our understanding of these events, but should not by any means be viewed as a final verdict. To the extent this report is incomplete, it is not due to the Committee’s unwillingness to investigate, but the State Department’s intransigence.”

To quote Wilford Brimley in Absence of Malice: “Wonderful thing, subpoenas.”

Edited by B-Man

And why did the growing menace in Libya get ignored? Obama had spent a year arguing that his intervention against Moammar Qaddafi was the new and correct model for Western military intervention in the Middle East

Point of fact: Obama spent a year arguing that FRANCE'S intervention was the new and correct model.

President Obama's Speech on Libya | The White House

THE PRESIDENT: Tonight, I’d like to update the American people on the international effort that we have led in Libya –- what we’ve done, what we plan to do, and why this matters to us.

{snip}

Faced with this opposition, Qaddafi began attacking his people. As President, my immediate concern was the safety of our citizens, so we evacuated our embassy and all Americans who sought our assistance. Then we took a series of swift steps in a matter of days to answer Qaddafi’s aggression. We froze more than $33 billion of Qaddafi’s regime’s assets. Joining with other nations at the United Nations Security Council, we broadened our sanctions, imposed an arms embargo, and enabled Qaddafi and those around him to be held accountable for their crimes. I made it clear that Qaddafi had lost the confidence of his people and the legitimacy to lead, and I said that he needed to step down from power.

Confronted by this brutal repression and a looming humanitarian crisis, I ordered warships into the Mediterranean. European allies declared their willingness to commit resources to stop the killing. The Libyan opposition and the Arab League appealed to the world to save lives in Libya. And so at my direction, America led an effort with our allies at the United Nations Security Council to pass a historic resolution that authorized a no-fly zone to stop the regime’s attacks from the air, and further authorized all necessary measures to protect the Libyan people.

will you ever realize that saying something idiotic isn't ammended by saying something else even more idiotic?

besides, if I really was that stupid, then I'd be agreeing with you.

Oh no, you really are that stupid, and worse, you are Tom's little suck up, side kick.

Ok, everyone makes mistakes, ya? That shows some level of incompetence. Obama showed incompetence, but not the level of incompetence of say, Reagan with the Marine's in Lebanon getting blown up.

Mistakes do not equal incompetence. So in your mind there are acceptable levels of incompetence. I'm now seeing how Obama was re-elected. Sure he's incompetent but he's not THAT incompetent. :rolleyes:

Has the expectations of our leadership slipped that much?

And so at my direction, America led an effort with our allies at the United Nations Security Council to pass a historic resolution that authorized a no-fly zone to stop the regime’s attacks from the air, and further authorized all necessary measures to protect the Libyan people.

Case in point, gator. While this might not be a mistake, it absolutely reeks of incompetence.

Incompetence? Well, I'll take the incompetence of this administration over the far worse incompetence of the previous administration any day. Any sane and non-imbecilic would. Naturally, that leaves a fool like you out

The same incompetent administration that was also smart enough at the same time to manipulate the world ?

The same incompetent administration that was also smart enough at the same time to manipulate the world ?

I don't know if blatantly lying to the American people repeatedly to enact legislation that left millions upon millions of people without health insurance is really incompetent so much as it is just pure stupidity.

I don't know if blatantly lying to the American people repeatedly to enact legislation that left millions upon millions of people without health insurance is really incompetent so much as it is just pure stupidity.

people think they're too smart to be so blatantly lied to. If there was some hush hush scandal or this was Bush then it'd be different. People are just too stupid for their own good.

I still don't get why any of you answer him?

It is like watching a soccer game. You keep watching another 30 seconds or so thinking that someone will finally land one. You see someone give some effort, make the play happen only to shoot and miss. With Gator you see someone destroy his statement, obliterate his argument, then he comes right back with something totally unrelated - just like a defender using their head to put the ball back across the field.

After about 60 minutes of it you realize you just wasted an hour of your life.

Mistakes do not equal incompetence. So in your mind there are acceptable levels of incompetence. I'm now seeing how Obama was re-elected. Sure he's incompetent but he's not THAT incompetent. :rolleyes:

Ok, you are right, mistake just happen, they don't mean the person running the American Empire can't make mistakes in one area, like Reagan did. So you think Bengazi was an example of extreme incompetence, but Reagans disaster in Lebannon was just boys being boys or a crap happens moment? Was Reagan incompetent?

I still don't get why any of you answer him?

Ha ha! Tom's other little suck up!

He's kind of like your 5 year old niece that tells you the same knock knock joke. You know what's coming but you still say "who's there?"

Hey, at least you are not one of Toms suck ups, but you saying that is silly, I pretty much call your Conservative platitudes and you usually answer with nothing but rabbit hole questions and seldom provide anything of substance. just saying.

Ok, you are right, mistake just happen, they don't mean the person running the American Empire can't make mistakes in one area, like Reagan did. So you think Bengazi was an example of extreme incompetence, but Reagans disaster in Lebannon was just boys being boys or a crap happens moment? Was Reagan incompetent?

This is great. I never mentioned that Benghazi was due to Obama's incomeptence. You did. :lol: