We're have the Patriots #, and we're going to beat them easily

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know no one on here wants any optimism, but here it is:

We were 1 CJ Spiller fumble away from being up 28-7 on these clowns 4 weeks ago.

We were up 21-0 on them to end last season before Stevie was benched.

And obviously, we won our first matchup against them last season.

By all rights, we should be on a 3 game winning streak against the Patriots, and the fact that we choked away 2 games in a row to them is not discussed on here. People fear the Patriots, but in all reality, we play our best ball against them.

Why? Because their defense is bad. Worse than ours, in fact. By a long shot.

The common denominator in us losing to the Patriots hasnt been our ability to light up the score board, it's been our inability to stop THEM from scoring.

Well, as much as everyone on here hates Wannstedt, I'm willing to give him a pass-for now. We just had an absolutely monster game on defense against the texans, on the road. Coincidently, this game came after our 100 million dollar man had a medical procedure to correct what had been ailing him all season. The fact that wannstedt is not the biggest fan of sending pressure at the qb that doesnt come from the line emphasizes the importance of the guys up front--with mario healthy, our defense is totally different. It should look a lot more like it did last week for the rest of the season.

If that continues into this weeks game against new england, the patriots dont stand a chance.

Feel free to give up on the season, if you want. In fact, the Patriots are an 11 point favorite, so it looks like everyone else has already given up on us. I didn't think we'd beat the texans, I didn't even think we'd beat the titans. But this game, it's going to be fun.

We have their number? Really? Please pass around whatever the heck it is you're smoking. If I am not mistaken, we are 0-10 in Gillette Stadium (granted we should be 1-9 if McFumble didn't have a brain fart), and that doesn't really sound like having their number, but them having ours.

johnny gold is now officially a troll.

sir, you wanted attention with this post and you got 3 pages worth so far.

my only response is... so what if they do win? they are not going to the playoffs yet again, so a win here or there simply does not matter anymore this season.

what's your next post?...we have a real shot at making the playoffs and winning the SB

I don't like our team and I'm generally a pessimist, but I have a strange feeling about this week. I think we'll lose, but I believe it's going to be a lot closer than anyone thinks. I see it playing out like the Titans game where we inexplicably (though inevitably) choke away a victory in the closing seconds.

The funniest thing i heard was yesterday on ESPN radio. They had some guy in a strong Boston accent throwing all this Boston smack out there. In one rant he says.."The Bills are so bad that Gronkowski can beat them all by himself, if the line is Gronk minus 7 vs. Buffalo I'm taking Gronk and giving the points".

That's funny - I'd heard that those pro-pot propositions passed yesterday but I didn't know they already went into effect!!

Love the optimism, but let's be real. If we win (which we can), it'll be in a very high scoring game...

btw - w A Williams out, McKelvin pressed into a starter roll, and Rogers/Easley both now on the roster, anyone else expect some changes in our return game this week?