The one and only TBD Political Thread

Simon

In an effort to avoid the unnecessary rancor which often proceeds political discussion we make a concerted effort to keep these forums free of political discussion and commentary, asking that all poster limit their political observations to the PPP section of these forums. However, today is election day here in the good 'ol USA so it only seems appropriate that we have one thread here on the main wall where folks can discuss politics to their heart's content. So have at it folks, with three conditions if you don't mind:

1) Do not enter this thread if you're bothered by political discourse or cannot handle divergent opinions; if you can't stand it, don't read it and then complain about it; just don't read it at all.

2) Limit political commentary to this thread only; anything outside of this thread will be considered the unwelcome violation it always has been and will be treated as such.

3) I know folks get hot about politics, but at least make an honest effort to keep it civil before you go beating your friends about the head ; - )

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh boy

Yeah, this ought to be entertaining :devil:

OK, I'll start.

Once again I will not be voting for either a Democrat or a Republican as I don't believe that either party represents the interests of this country or its people. Instead they serve only themselves and the special interests which financially support their particular partisan ideologies. If they want my vote, they can start with a movement to install term limits and open primaries.

I'm casting for Gary Johnson, who I'm sure will win in a massive landslide of public support!

I'm suprised GJ is getting so much support. I love Ron Paul but will be voting GJ mainly for two reason, 1: There is no reason to vote Romney as Obama won NY about 30 years ago and 2: If the Libretarian party gets 5% of the vote, they will get federal election funding for the next election cycle. That my friends could end this BS two party system and bring back more freedom to this country.

Gary Johnson is my man!

PS: please dont vote for a single incumbant (yes including president). If you happen to be in a swing state, please don't waste your vote on Johnson though.

Edited by peterpan

Wow, look at the love for Libertarian Party. My first part affiliation was Libertarian. As a District Resident for 14 years, I became a registered Democrat as the Democratic primary was the defacto election. Now a registered Republican...so I got em all covered in the last twenty years Lol.

I, for one, think this is a terrible idea.

Politics should stay on PPP and off of the main board.

Even on Election Day.

It just sends the wrong signal WRT posting habits.

Or do you just enjoy the hypocrisy that's allowed as a mod/admin?

Agreed. Take it somewhere else. It'll build acrimony between people that'll spill over into threads this forum was intended for.

After being bombarded with ads for the congressional battle between Collins & Hochul, I walk into my polling place to discover with re-districting that is no longer my district. WTF!!!

That really sucks. I went to the polling place for the first time in my new location to find an 11x17 scan-tron with a privacy cover that made it impossible to actually do the ballet. And naturally no one can help you because they can't see your ballet and I'm just suppose to know WTF I'm doing like I've been there a million times.

Its voters like you that have this country in the mess that it is. Do the responsable thing and get your butts out and vote that bum Obama out of office! This is serious stuff. I don't want our grandchildren to have to pay for this mess. Oh and getting a social security check some day would be nice too.