Retractable-roof stadium proposed for outer harbor

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, I feel kind of torn right now. Don't get me wrong I LOVE the idea of knowing that the team would def remain in Buffalo and that we would have an up to date stadium, which in turn makes us a more serious franchise and one that is serious about winning. My only problem is the retractable roof. I may be part of the minority, but I really love winter games at the ralph with the snow falling and the cold air. It just feels like old school bills football to me and it has played to our advantage (more so during the 90's) but still. Anyone else kind of feel that way?

Edited by DocLawless

Legitimate question- even though this will never happen, but let us dream for a second- let's say the Bills are good someday, I don't know, 15, 20 years from now, what percentage of Bills fans would want them to close the roof for a meaningful game on a 30 degree December day with flurries? I wish they would just build a regular outdoor stadium on the waterfront with real grass. OK back to reality...

Could it be left open for all football games and closed for convention events? How does this solve our need for a legitimate qb and coaching staff? Will we resign byrd and levrite? Why did we release Moorman, Powell is terrible. Why didn't we go for two?

Of course, building something like this will first require a detailed study which will be done by well-paid government employees with generous benefits and will take years to complete.

Then, it will also require the construction of an "interpretative center" adjacent to the stadium, describing the role that LGBT and Native Americans had in the creation of the stadium.

Hmmm, I feel kind of torn right now. Don't get me wrong I LOVE the idea of knowing that the team would def remain in Buffalo and that we would have an up to date stadium, which in turn makes us a more serious franchise and one that is serious about winning. My only problem is the retractable roof. I may be part of the minority, but I really love winter games at the ralph with the snow falling and the cold air. It just feels like old school bills football to me and it has played to our advantage (more so during the 90's) but still. Anyone else kind of feel that way?

Yes but to be multi purpose it needs to be doomed, maybe they will keep open for all Bills games though. :thumbsup:

I love everything about it. The cost is so high because of the whole package that it includes. Not sure if we need all of that. Hines Field is a great example. Don't need something Dallas like here. We def need more parking than the proposed 5,000 spots tho

I love everything about it. The cost is so high because of the whole package that it includes. Not sure if we need all of that. Hines Field is a great example. Don't need something Dallas like here. We def need more parking than the proposed 5,000 spots tho

Screw Dallas, no reason we can't have better stadium than them, then we can really be North America's team.