Cowher's statement said it all !

phxbacker

Bill Cowher said Fitz just can't throw that interception, completely unacceptable.

You can tell Cowher would not have anything to do with Fitz as his QB.

Maybe that is why he wanted nothing to do with Buffalo.

Then he comes back and says Hasselback should continue to start, but keep in mind its the Buffalo Bills he came back on.

:bag:

Glad we have a bye week before the next two L's coming. @Houston and @ NE.

Bill Cowher said Fitz just can't throw that interception, completely unacceptable.

Then he comes back and says Hasselback should continue to start, but keep in mind its the Buffalo Bills he came back on.

The INT was bad. D needs to improve big time

Is that why he recommended the coach who's tied at the hip to Fitz?

The pass should not have been called...

The pass should not have been thrown...

The QB is a very unique position in football. It yields much power. Regardless of how a QB played all game, they can lose the game with one errant throw. We saw this today.

That throw was downright terrible but the Defense lost this game... that should be clear as day.

Exactly! The defense continues to give up BIG on 3rd and long, not to mention 4th and the game on the line. Wannstadt has badly coached this defense. On the winning TD had the DB turned towards the ball and might have made a play. Also, few blitzes, not enough pressure. Same old,same old. Another 30+ performance by "the best D our front office could buy". The only way this season turns around is Wanny is canned and a real DC is brought in. May be too late.

I guarantee you if he was the coach of this team in that situation he would have RUN THE FOOTBALL. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out. Chan has to go. The defense stinks yes - control the clock and keep our F'n clown D on the sidelines. We have the running game to do it, but Chan insists on passing the damn ball with a below average QB. Mind boggling.

Edited by Azucho98

I totally agree that The D was the issue we lost the game today. I was trying to make the point that Cowher's comment on Fitz and him driving a coach nuts with these decisions, tells me a bunch about the difference between a good coach and a great coach. He is unwillng to go 2 years with a QB that makes a throw like that considering the situation. Throw it out of bounds, punt the ball and make them go the distance. We've seen these decisions time and time again and Fitz doesn't have the accuracy to get it done.

I guarantee you if he was the coach of this team in that situation he would have RUN THE FOOTBALL. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out. Chan has to go. The defense stinks yes - control the clock and keep our F'n clown D on the sidelines. We have the running game to do it, but Chan insists on passing the damn ball with a below average QB. Mind boggling.

And this ! RUN, RUN, RUN.

What are you talking about.. it was 3rd and 7.. Fitz had a wide open Graham but he stared down Jones from the snap.. Pathetic throw into coverage..

Graham was wide open...how he missed him I don't know.

As for the pass, I think it was intended for Stevie, but Fitz threw it four feet over his head...unreal.

I root for Fitz, he's a likable guy.

That being said, he doesn't actually live up to that Harvard thing does he. If you saw him play over the last year and didn't know where he went to school, would you characterize him as smart.

Isn't game smart a lot different than academic smart? Is Larry Bird really that smart? Would Einstein made a great QB because of his brains?

What are you talking about.. it was 3rd and 7.. Fitz had a wide open Graham but he stared down Jones from the snap.. Pathetic throw into coverage..

Are you saying it's the QB's job to find the open guy? Here at TBD we like to pretend like the guy who got the target was the only eligible receiver on the play to make excuses for our garbage QB's.

Cowher stuck with Kordell Stewart for 6 years.

<p>

snapback.pngKRT88, on 21 October 2012 - 04:54 PM, said:

CJ Graham was WIDE open underneath on the interception. Throw the ball to him and the game is just about over! Look at the coverage your Havard idiot!

"While TJ Graham was open, it's not what makes your post so funny."

I thought the same thing :thumbsup: