The curse is real..stadium built on Wenroes Indian Village.

Where the Ralph complex sits is where I played football, baseball, hunted, and in the winter time sled on Dead Mans Hill. Where the Indian village was would be now roughly located in the lower parking lot between the stadium tunnel and the outside storage area (equipment barn). I have never heard of any large cemetery destroyed during construction. I wonder if any stadium construction workers will come forward and set the record straight.

Where the Ralph complex sits is where I played football, baseball, hunted, and in the winter time sled on Dead Mans Hill. Where the Indian village was would be now roughly located in the lower parking lot between the stadium tunnel and the outside storage area (equipment barn). I have never heard of any large cemetery destroyed during construction. I wonder if any stadium construction workers will come forward and set the record straight.

Strangely even though the stadium was built only 40 years ago, none of those people still survive! (dramatic music)

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

They won the biggest games possible in that Stadium (AFC Championships).

Their biggest "luck" win (biggest comeback) happened at RWS.

Most of the worst losses (Super Bowls, Music City, etc.) have been on the road.

Stop with the nonsense.

They won the biggest games possible in that Stadium (AFC Championships).

Their biggest "luck" win (biggest comeback) happened at RWS.

Most of the worst losses (Super Bowls, Music City, etc.) have been on the road.

Stop with the nonsense.

So you're saying the spirits travel ...with.. the team. Niiiiiice.

Maybe that's why we do so bad in Toronto? Is the Rogers Centre more cursed??? We're DOOMED!!!

We'll see how it goes Sunday. No doubt the Arizona Stadium is built over some old Indian something or other! If Ralph wasn't so Cheap, he'd get us a proper Witchdoctor on the staff.

nah...the curse started with the benching of Doug Flutie. It will not be lifted until we

a. Draft our starting quarterback from Boston College

b. Make Flutie Flakes the Official Buffalo Food (sorry Buffalo Wings.)

c. Burn Rob Johnson in effigy

d. Run Replays of the Music City Miracle on the Jumbotron throughout the preseason.

The very first play in Rich Stadium:

Herb Mul-Key of the Washington Redskins runs the opening kick off 102 yards for a TD.

That guy was a pro-bowl player. Wonder if there is truth to it being built over a burial site. That would be a ridiculous thing to do. Although if your one to believe in curses, you would think Ralph, not the team, would be cursed.

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Herb_Mul-Key

Edited by RyanC883

If the county and tribe was dumb enough to build it over human remains, that would explain a lot.

Just wondering if the Bills have ever beat the Redskins at the Ralph?

Off the top of my head, we beat them handily in 1993 (MNF) and again in 2003 at Rich/The Ralph.

Actually, I can't think of the last time we've lost to the Redskins anywhere -- home, road, cemetery, the moon, etc.

By the way, shouldn't a team that uses a derogatory racial term as its nickname be of more interest to malevolent, ancient Native American spirits with an ax to grind?

That guy was a pro-bowl player. Wonder if there is truth to it being built over a burial site. That would be a ridiculous thing to do. Although if your one to believe in curses,

Well if that's the case, then it seems like the main culprit was Ralph, when he goes, the curse goes with him, whenever that actually might be.

Correct??

you would think Ralph, not the team, would be cursed.

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Herb_Mul-Key

don´t forget the holy curse of being a BILLS fan

Well, there's that cemetery fenced off over there. I don't remember which lot that is. Used to ride our bikes all around there when we were kids. So, Indians or no indians, someone's not getting a good eternity's sleep!

http://www.buffalospree.com/Buffalo-Spree/June-2012/The-Bills-Curse/

(I realize this is pure nonsense, but it's easier to admit that PISSED OFF INDIAN SPIRITS are causing our woes than it is to admit that we just always suck)

Actually, I can't think of the last time we've lost to the Redskins anywhere -- home, road, cemetery, the moon, etc.

Here, let me help you with that one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XXVI

Think nothing of it.

But, back on topic. I believe this is a very strong, malevolent curse. Case in point, according to a well regarded source (wiki), the Buffalo Bills were actually named after a male bison named "billy", hence the Bills. This is a very clear snub to the historical figure Buffalo Bill, who was a strong proponent of Native American rights. Thus, the name the Buffalo Bills is basically an affront to Native American rights.

Edited by kas23

But, back on topic. I believe this is a very strong, malevolent curse. Case in point, according to a well regarded source (wiki), the Buffalo Bills were actually named after a male bison named "billy", hence the Bills. This is a very clear snub to the historical figure Buffalo Bill, who was a strong proponent of Native American rights. Thus, the name the Buffalo Bills is basically an affront to Native American rights.

You sure about that?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ac-7052878

They sucked when they played at the "rockpile"......so just what was buried at the corner

of Jefferson and Best St????

They also seem to beat the Chiefs regularly at the Ralph....

This is hogwash....

hey hey...the actually won the AFL championship twice at the rockpile, and i remember some very good football being played there. As to what is buried at the corner, no one knows...cough cough..jimmyhoffa

I don't know if there is or is not a curse, but it is incredible how the team has had just so many failure over the last 40 years. What funny is that the stadium was always ment to be built downtown. However the owner of the buffalo news back then, didn't want the stadium downtown, because she felt it would be a problem with the sunday paper delivery. So she told the county ex. at the time that if they put a stadium downtown, she would smear and crush him through the paper and he would have no chance of being re-elected. Because of that the stadium ended up in Orchard Park and the rest is history. I always wonder if stadium was put downtown if that would have been better not only for the team, but also for the city.

I don't know if there is or is not a curse, but it is incredible how the team has had just so many failure over the last 40 years. What funny is that the stadium was always ment to be built downtown. However the owner of the buffalo news back then, didn't want the stadium downtown, because she felt it would be a problem with the sunday paper delivery. So she told the county ex. at the time that if they put a stadium downtown, she would smear and crush him through the paper and he would have no chance of being re-elected. Because of that the stadium ended up in Orchard Park and the rest is history. I always wonder if stadium was put downtown if that would have been better not only for the team, but also for the city.

So, the Bills curse also extends to the City? Interesting.

Most of you guys on this board are way more football savvy than myself, but on this topic I know the inside story. My mom was editor of the Hamburg Photo News just prior to the stadium being built. She caught wind that the stadium was going to be built over those Indian burial grounds & wrote an article about it. Well, the story grew legs & traveled, creating quite a bit of a stir at the time. As a result, the stadium planners reconfigured the layout and the stadium WAS NOT built over the burial grounds and provisions were made to keep the cemetery grounds intact. I remember my mom joking that she was responsible for the swirling winds which drove our kickers nuts.

I do believe our team is cursed, but for other reasons.