This will get Ralph moving

rcatty

The Toronto deal will be held up....mark my words.The one thing Ralph cares about is the Toronto deal. It's pure gravy for him. The signings and effort to shore up the team were due to the eminence of a new Toronto deal. He needed an improved team to sell the deal. Now, with the team folding, the Toronto people will start to get "cold feet". Watch.

Why do people talk about Ralph Wilson as though he's capable of making any type of decision, let alone the correct one? He's 94. Have you ever met a 94 year old? This organization is a rudderless ship.

***edit - I heard Ralph asked for his oatmeal hot instead of cold this morning. I guess he can make decisions.

***edit update - He burned his mouth.

Edited by Thisistheyear

Like it or not, being on the 51st TV market requires the team to regionalize. Toronto one game a year isnt a big deal and ishelping keep the team in Buffalo.

Woud you rather they try to become Europes team by playing in London each year like the Jags?

Good point

Like it or not, being on the 51st TV market requires the team to regionalize. Toronto one game a year isnt a big deal and ishelping keep the team in Buffalo.

Woud you rather they try to become Europes team by playing in London each year like the Jags?

I dont think anyone is criticizing the deal in this thread.

Don't worry, the "Ralph" will be moving soon enough. anyone who thinks the toronto deal is a good idea directed at regionalizing and keeping the team in Buffalo is delusional.

It's a market viability study, and a cash grab. someone please explain to me logically why is it so necessary to play a game there? why not market advertising and other interests like naming rights to the stadium and selling luxury suites in orchard park to Toronto based corporations? Why then do we not play a game in Rochester? Or Syracuse for that matter? The answer is simple. It's not necessary, no point can be made to say that it is. Stop believing the garbage spoon-fed to you by the silver tongued devil named Russ(I can't sell a luxury suite to save my life) Brandon.

It didn't work for a much smaller market in Green Bay years ago, and its colossally moronic now.

The formula is simple, put a good product on the field a couple of years each decade and this stadium will stay full. WOW what a concept.

Lastly, in history, tell me how many teams have won divisions, or playoff games, or even the superbowl by playing more away games than home games? Scroll down for the hint:

yep it's zero.

Edited by McKinleys Curse

Don't worry, the "Ralph" will be moving soon enough. anyone who thinks the toronto deal is a good idea directed at regionalizing and keeping the team in Buffalo is delusional.

It's a market viability study, and a cash grab. someone please explain to me logically why is it so necessary to play a game there? why not market advertising and other interests like naming rights to the stadium and selling luxury suites in orchard park to Toronto based corporations? Why then do we not play a game in Rochester? Or Syracuse for that matter? The answer is simple. It's not necessary, no point can be made to say that it is. Stop believing the garbage spoon-fed to you by the silver tongued devil named Russ(I can't sell a luxury suite to save my life) Brandon.

It didn't work for a much smaller market in Green Bay years ago, and its colossally moronic now.

The formula is simple, put a good product on the field a couple of years each decade and this stadium will stay full. WOW what a concept.

Lastly, in history, tell me how many teams have won divisions, or playoff games, or even the superbowl by playing more away games than home games? Scroll down for the hint:

yep it's zero.

the good news is that, so far, that market doesn't look viable. at least, not with the product they've had since the deal was initiated.

Normally you would see him at some point into the season this early... but I have not seen him. This is a bad sign health-wise... mark my words.

Here's the last sighting:

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2012/08/ralph-wilson-makes-hall-of-fame-appearance.html

Looks like he's wonder if that new wetness is sweat or urine.

oh, i didn't realize that RB never sold a suite...wow....that is breaking news, and now makes sense of everything....thanks!!!

yep it's zero.

yep it's zero.

Well the market here is tapped.

They have their one commercial of Stevie Johnson talking about the fans. You know, the one that looks and sounds like it was shot with a middle school A/V cart from 1993?

laziest marketing of any pro sports team ever. Then they cry about December ticket sales.

Throw a little production value in there. get people pumped about the Bills and going to the games. Throw some Inception music in there. Even the stuff on the scoreboard during the games is awful and amateurish. I went to a few Hamilton TiCats games this season and their material is better than the Bills.

in before "Lead the Charge".

Shame on people here speaking about his death as if it were a good thing. It makes me sick.

he is being a greedy SOB... there is how many people that care about this team, and he couldnt care less. hes gunna let the team walk so that he can further line his daughters pockets?!?!? as if his family is going to go hungry if he sold now to, say the 3rd highest bidder (someone who would keep them in buffalo). greedy selfish SOB

he is being a greedy SOB... there is how many people that care about this team, and he couldnt care less. hes gunna let the team walk so that he can further line his daughters pockets?!?!? as if his family is going to go hungry if he sold now to, say the 3rd highest bidder (someone who would keep them in buffalo). greedy selfish SOB

Until you raise a ton of money on your own legs, until you give to the community what Ralph C. Wilson has you cannot say what he should or should not do. Just like my Grandpa and our farm and he was 93. He didn't want to do crap with it. He built it up, he worked very hard, why the heck would he want to give it up to anyone - including us. He built it, he can do whatever he wants to it, and we had no choice until he got dementia. Even then there was a guardian responsible.

He does not have to worry about his family. He already has lost a daughter, he has one daughter not even involved and I am sure the other does not break her back doing any grunt work. Again, if you built something from nothing you would do everything you could to hold on to it, too.

Ralph Wilson built this team and this team may now be a part of the community, but he still signs the check, is still a very smart business man, and, in my opinion, you and many others are way out of line.

Oh, and he is a veteran of WWII.

Until you raise a ton of money on your own legs, until you give to the community what Ralph C. Wilson has you cannot say what he should or should not do. Just like my Grandpa and our farm and he was 93. He didn't want to do crap with it. He built it up, he worked very hard, why the heck would he want to give it up to anyone - including us. He built it, he can do whatever he wants to it, and we had no choice until he got dementia. Even then there was a guardian responsible.

He does not have to worry about his family. He already has lost a daughter, he has one daughter not even involved and I am sure the other does not break her back doing any grunt work. Again, if you built something from nothing you would do everything you could to hold on to it, too.

Ralph Wilson built this team and this team may now be a part of the community, but he still signs the check, is still a very smart business man, and, in my opinion, you and many others are way out of line.

Oh, and he is a veteran of WWII.

He can keep the team for the rest of his life. Its the fact that he has no plans of trying to keep the team in Buffalo. Thatd be like your grampa telling your family you cant have the farm, instead hes selling it to a rich dude who could care less and wants to build a Best Buy there. Why put all that work into something and than just let it all go to waste

He can keep the team for the rest of his life. Its the fact that he has no plans of trying to keep the team in Buffalo. Thatd be like your grampa telling your family you cant have the farm, instead hes selling it to a rich dude who could care less and wants to build a Best Buy there. Why put all that work into something and than just let it all go to waste

To what we know, yes. If you really think there is not plans and a system ready to fall in to place then I would disagree with you. There is not a ownership sequence that will fall in but there are things we do not know about. Not to mention, it is going to be at least 6 months before the team can be sold. His estate will not close quickly.

Actually, his dad built the business from scratch and became quite rich, and Ralph took it over.

Though it was not too easy. An insurance company to owning an NFL franchise and other businesses is impressive nonetheless.

You are 100% correct. Better to play a game close to Buffalo than in another continent. I've read that Canadians account for 44% of the people at the games. If you count Southern Ontario the market for the Bills becomes top 10. They can play a game in Toronto if it keeps them here. But, in order for that to happen they need to improve ASAP. Get new HC ASAP.

yep it's zero.

The Giants played more away than home games and won the SB, as did the Steelers, the Raiders, the Broncos, and the Packers. All Wild Card teams that won the SB.

Link? or shut up.

Link or shut up?? Really? When has he ever made any indication that he would make an attempt to keep the team here. When he dies we all know the team is going to the highest bidder, and chances are more likely than not anyone sinking that kind of money into an NFL franchise is not going to want to keep the team here.

Link or shut up. Tell someone to shut up like that in real life and you'd get your hat knocked off your head.

yep it's zero.

It does make sense: Rochester and Syracuse COMBINED are smaller than Toronto. All of the other marketing ideas you've offered (which are currently employed) are far more valid with a game being played there.

With that being said, the easiest way out is to put a winning team othe field and this organization does not seem capable of that.

Normally you would see him at some point into the season this early... but I have not seen him. This is a bad sign health-wise... mark my words.

And the last two weeks don't help I am sure.

Link or shut up?? Really? When has he ever made any indication that he would make an attempt to keep the team here. When he dies we all know the team is going to the highest bidder, and chances are more likely than not anyone sinking that kind of money into an NFL franchise is not going to want to keep the team here.

Link or shut up. Tell someone to shut up like that in real life and you'd get your hat knocked off your head.

You have to realize alot of people have internet muscles on here, don't let it get you frizzled. Those are the same people that would put their head between their legs and run like a scared girl in person. Edited by BuffBill

Why do people talk about Ralph Wilson as though he's capable of making any type of decision, let alone the correct one? He's 94. Have you ever met a 94 year old? This organization is a rudderless ship.

***edit - I heard Ralph asked for his oatmeal hot instead of cold this morning. I guess he can make decisions.

***edit update - He burned his mouth.

Yes my great Aunt and she still drives. Oh and she's 96

What did Green Bay do?

yep it's zero.

Ha on here I am somewhat polite. In life I am an ahole. No one really messes with me though :(

And seriously, how do you know the future. Because I cannot see the NFL just letting someone move this team put of this market. Toronto will not support football, it is proven.

Link? or shut up.

AReed Deep For6, on 09 October 2012 - 04:04 PM, said:

Its the fact that he has no plans of trying to keep the team in Buffalo.

BPA: In reading this post I get that AReed says it's THE fact, not it's A fact. Big difference there buddy. The first refers to his feeling/thoughts about it. The second infers that it is indeed A fact and can be found as a linkable article. Please, shut up.

At least I said please.

Edited by Dopey