Everyone needs to settle a bit

I went to the game and was sickened just like everyone else, but it truly is only one game. It is doubtful if we get to first place in our division, but it is a long season and there are lots of things that can happen. I think Spiller and Jackson in the backfield are still really dangerous and the defense will watch film of this and improve if not a whole bunch.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you kidding me?

This team is an absolute disgrace. It's sickening to watch a bunch of losers represent our city and they don't even try. F'n pathetic. 2 division games and we get absolutely destroyed! We didn't just lose those games, we were beat down, crapped on, then laughed at! Tom Brady calling us bitches in our own house and there was barely a peep from anyone!! Nothing! This team is no different than any of them over the past 10 years. A outright joke and they don't deserve to represent our city. If Brady laughing at you and calling you a B word in your own stadium doesn't put you right through the roof, you should be cut from the team today.

4 games in and Mario Williams hasn't done a friggin thing. I'm not calling him a bust yet but it's close. He has been handled easily by average right tackles and wasn't double teamed or chipped. Horrible.

RTB

it's over......

for me, making the playoffs is the only measure of success.....and that ain't happening.

I guess the NFL should cancel the last 3/4 of the schedule if the season is over. Two bad halfs of football do not constitute a season, no matter how bad they were.

I went to the game and was sickened just like everyone else, but it truly is only one game. It is doubtful if we get to first place in our division, but it is a long season and there are lots of things that can happen. I think Spiller and Jackson in the backfield are still really dangerous and the defense will watch film of this and improve if not a whole bunch.

I know it wasn't your intention, but your thread title could be taken another way; couldn't it? We've settled for far too long. I'm not going anywhere but I am fed up with lower mediocrity and I don't see an end in sight.

I will definitely remember my Tops Supermarket "Whammy" (circa 1983) next time I attend the Pats game.

Anyone over age 40 should remember what those were.

Pretty sure it was Bells, not Tops

I guess the NFL should cancel the last 3/4 of the schedule if the season is over. Two bad halfs of football do not constitute a season, no matter how bad they were.

How about 10 years of crappy football? People have every right to complain about this team. There should be no excuses and yet even after an embarrising loss people come on here and say it's only 2 games or the season is long. It's been over a decade and we should demand better.

100 points allowed in 2 division games is valid cause for concern. These are the teams you need to beat to get into the playoffs. At this point I can envision the Bills dropping all 6 division contests this season. Miami, although they are 1-3, played hard and tough against an undefeated Arizona team on Sunday falling once again in overtime. The Bills on the other hand folded rather the going down fighting in the second half as soon as NE took the lead. The Bills defensive gameplan was so bad and without adjustments it appeared that NE's offense completely understood the Bills defensive strategy like they attended the Bills practices and knew exactly what to expect. And on offense continuing to have Fitz throw the ball 30+ times is asking for trouble. This shows a lack of creativity and flexibility needed to approach each game as a unique set of challenges rather than following a cookie cutter approach on offense. I'll wager the approach Gailey takes against the 49ers, even without two o-line starters, is not significantly different than what we saw on Sunday.

IMO the front office is doing a decent job of gathering players but the coaching staff is falling down on the job here. Something we've gotten used to seeing for what seems like forever. Looking at the next 5 games and how they've played to date it's not hard to see the Bills at 3-6 unless a light goes on somewhere and this defense starts to meet expectations.

That said, I;ll be rooting for them but there's nothing wrong with being discouraged by what we've seen so far.

"We have to play the game more on their side of the line of scrimmage. We have to create more penetration, get the linebackers more downhill and things like that. That is the one thing you can do to create a difference. If (when) we play them again, that would be our thought process. How can we play more on their side of the line of scrimmage?'"

Have no fear - Chan has it all figured out for next game....he is pretty much telling the Pats we will be blitzing more next game...ohhhh, and we want to be on their side of the line of scrimmage more. Can you say "Master of the Obvious"?

No, it was two games against Division rivals in which they got blown out. You can't win a division that way.

It was a game where CJ should have sat out and given FredX a chance to regain his mojo.

This is only half right. FredEx looked like he was playing hurt as well. He looked really slow - not surprising being hurt and wearing a brace on his knee.

I'm not faulting either RB, and I don't believe in Choice, so I don't think there was a better answer.

Other than two injured RB's, I saw (yet again) a QB who can make some good throws and decisions but is really bad at deep passes (so many underthrows) and spotty on accuracy, and I saw an undertalented LB corps which we kind of knew would still be an issue since Bradham and Carder were the only adds and late-round ones.

I also saw both Kyle Williams and Dareus getting blown back a lot. They looked slow at the snap - multiple times it seemed like they didn't react to the snap and the OL was already firing and had them on their heels noticeably before they could move. I have never seen that before so I don't know what to make of it.

not at all.....i love a good comedy....people who laugh live longer....with this team i'm a lock to make it to 100.

Except...it's two games, against solid division rivals, where we were absolutely humiliated.

It's not that we lost that bothers me, it's HOW we lost - absolute blow-out spanking, without coaching adjustments to account for things that absolutely were not working.

I am hopeful - and even I am bummed.

Look, it's not over, but realistically speaking we're going to have to win at least three games in the division to have a shot. This means we're going to have to get those playing the Patriots at home, sweep the Dolphins, and win the last game of the season against the Jets, We have an incredibly tough looking two game road trip ahead and we'll be lucky to be 3-4 at the bye. Panic time? No. Time to get serious? Yes.

I'm not faulting either RB, and I don't believe in Choice, so I don't think there was a better answer.

I could not disagree more. Choice is far far better than either Spiller or FredEx was on Sunday. Gailey showed just how desperate he was by playing them Sunday and just how unwilling to acknowledge his mistake but using Choice once it was evident that both Spiller and Jackson were too injured to be effective.