Video of Bills fan fight at Chiefs game

I absolutely hate the generation of 20-35 year old Bills fans that have taken over the Ralph. Most of them were just barely too young to remember the good ol days and how fans should act. They only know 12 years of losing, and that Bills games are nothing more than an excuse to get as drunk as possible and act like an ass.

I dont get why anyone would spend money on tickets and then act like this.

You're at a football game. Enjoy some football. If you are only there to get drunk, stay at a bar or better yet, at home.

+1 million

I fall into that age and yet I come to the game just to watch and not to drink. Innebriated people really start to bother me when it hits the 4th quarter and they're falling into me.

Quiet drunks everywhere are resenting you guys for lumping us in with the gameday toughguys. :D

A few observations

- The dude with the bloody nose needs to stop sticking his fingers in there to stop the bleedeng thats not going to work. Put a couple chichen wings in there that will work better.

- Holy Crap! Is this a football game or Woodstock!.

- What the hell happened to those hot western NY girls that I left 30 years ago! I think we should add a couple of those big girls to the practice squad.

Those are probably the same girls, it has been 30 years. Whenever you see fight like this there always has to be one big mouth lady whose shrieking voice makes you cringe.

Well, I guess some fight, even a lame one like that, is better than no fights LOL.

I will say it again, was at the game with a whole bunch of kids under 15, some under 10...and nary a problem was seen or heard. Yep, some F bombs in the lineup to get in, some real cranky people were seen by my son when they shut beer sales off, and that was it.Was sitting next to three early 20's dudes, they had certainly enjoyed pregame festivities,my kids were in front of them. Just asked them to be somewhat restrained in the language..and they tried their best LOL.Now some F bombs and the such went flying, they knocked my son in the head one time by mistake, promplty apologized..no worries!

I even bought two of em a beer cause i thought they were trying hard!.

And yes we were in the cheap seats in the upper deck..I dunno, been going to games there since they opened the joint in 72, prolly been to over 130 games or so. Guess i am the luckiest guy alive to have never been in a fight, never been puked on, never pissed on etc.

But all it takes is one event to completely ruin that for you. I have been to countless sporting events over the years and only two wound up having acts of complete idiocy. Unfortunately, those are now the two games that come to mind first every time.

Reminds me of the first game I ever went to at Rich Stadium, what a memorable day. 16 October 1977, the Bills got their first win of the year and beat the Falcons 3-0 when Neil O'Donoghue made 1 of 3 field goals and was cut right after the game (first ever to kick a game winner and get cut). O.J. got his 10,000 yard I believe. The stadium, or at least the section we were in wasn't very full and there were 3 pretty big (300+ lbs) guys about 5 or 6 rows behind us and nobody in between. A skinny guy with glasses, looked right he was right out of revenge of the nerds, walked up to them with three large beers (even back then they weren't cheap), and when he approached them to give them the beers, one of these huge dude stood up and punched this guy right in the face. The guy tumbled about 5 rows, his glasses ended up under my feet and I sat there wondering if I ever wanted to come back here again. Of course I did, I went the very next week when they lost to the Browns, but Keith Moody had the team record punt return (91 yards) that McFumble came close to matching this past weekend.

This could be any Bills game, any year. It's the reason when I lived in NY I sprung for tickets in the Jim Kelly club- keep away from the idiots. This is the kind of stuff that will get tailgating curtailed and ruined for those of us that really do know how to hold our liquor.

funny that youre the first person to comment on that

fights happen bc too many people are absolutely retarded when it comes to allegience to teams. we see the huge fights in europe by soccer hooligans - im convinced that would happen here also if people could get away with it. lots of people think its completely reasonable to generate real animosity simply bc they wear a different uniform. it reminds me of the idiocy of gang warfare only on a slightly less insane level

the real lunacy can be seen when you realize its just entertainment. imagine the ridiculousness of getting in a fight bc youre a fan of tom hanks and somebody else is a fan of kevin costner. we dont actually do anything as fans other than watch and party. yet somehow many of us get threatened by fans of what essentially are collections of movie stars

its a big reason why i never wear a jersey of any current players, i dont like the hero worship that is associated with that kind of unhealthy attachment. if people really left it at just entertainment that would be fine but as we know they so often just do not. it seems so mind bottlingly stupid

Crap like this is why I'd rather watch on my big screen at home and enjoy my 4 beers and relax (as much as I can watching our team). I could go to the Cleveland game this weekend (live in Cleveland) for free but I'll stay home. Too many drunken idiots and it takes ALL day to go to the game. I don't have that kind of time and really don't have time for a bunch of drunken idiots.

Stay home and stay alive.

I was in the upper deck Sunday, and across the aisle from me there was a group of people(men, women & children) all with Greenwood Chiefs jerseys on. Never heard of the guy, but it didn't take a rocket scientist to know that they were family members. Instead of some good natured booing or razzing, there were a group of 20 something punks a few rows behind me who decided it would be cool to chant "F*** the Chiefs" at these people ALL game long. The entire upper deck appeared to be made up of a typical Saturday night chip strip crowd.

Maybe I'm getting old. Maybe the crowd is getting worse. Maybe a combination of both, but I have grown tired of going to games at RWS.

Like I pointed out in another thread, good decision to replace patdowns with metal detector wanding. You will now catch everyone walking into the game with keys and change in their pockets, but not catch someone with a plastic flask of liquor.

Edited by LabattBlue

This could be any Bills game, any year. It's the reason when I lived in NY I sprung for tickets in the Jim Kelly club- keep away from the idiots. This is the kind of stuff that will get tailgating curtailed and ruined for those of us that really do know how to hold our liquor.

I don't live in WNY but when in town sit in the jim kelly club for the same reason. Plus, no bathroom or any kind of lines.

They're all Bills fans! What's there to fight about! Sadly this is part of attending NFL games. I remember going to a game at the ralph when I was much younger and I was inches away from being kicked in the face by a drunk chick. She was trying to kick the guy in front of me who was harassing her for being a Giants fan, but I'm assuming she was so smacked that she completely missed him.Even that situation was more logical than this one.

Sad thing is that this is not true of every NFL venue. So many of WNY's degenerates attend these games. Its embarassing. I'm sure the young crowd will make fun of me for saying this, but the crowds there have gotten so much worse. Will never bring my son there until he is over 13, and unfortunately the Bills will be gone by then.

A few observations

- The dude with the bloody nose needs to stop sticking his fingers in there to stop the bleedeng thats not going to work. Put a couple chichen wings in there that will work better.

- Holy Crap! Is this a football game or Woodstock!.

- What the hell happened to those hot western NY girls that I left 30 years ago! I think we should add a couple of those big girls to the practice squad.

There are no hot chicks in WNY. The ones that look like lineman are the majority.

I absolutely hate the generation of 20-35 year old Bills fans that have taken over the Ralph. Most of them were just barely too young to remember the good ol days and how fans should act. They only know 12 years of losing, and that Bills games are nothing more than an excuse to get as drunk as possible and act like an ass.

You're at a football game. Enjoy some football. If you are only there to get drunk, stay at a bar or better yet, at home.

Perfectly put, and so true

I was in the upper deck Sunday, and across the aisle from me there was a group of people(men, women & children) all with Greenwood Chiefs jerseys on. Never heard of the guy, but it didn't take a rocket scientist to know that they were family members. Instead of some good natured booing or razzing, there were a group of 20 something punks a few rows behind me who decided it would be cool to chant "F*** the Chiefs" at these people ALL game long. The entire upper deck appeared to be made up of a typical Saturday night chip strip crowd.

Maybe I'm getting old. Maybe the crowd is getting worse. Maybe a combination of both, but I have grown tired of going to games at RWS.

Like I pointed out in another thread, good decision to replace patdowns with metal detector wanding. You will now catch everyone walking into the game with keys and change in their pockets, but not catch someone with a plastic flask of liquor.

and people wonder why everyone in the country thinks Buffalo is Darwin's Waiting Room.

My wife and I are 33 and 34, we remember the glory days during junior high and high school. We were at the opener the other dayand were stone cold sober the whole time. And we are far from teetotalers. Just sayin'...

My wife and I are 33 and 34, we remember the glory days during junior high and high school. We were at the opener the other dayand were stone cold sober the whole time. And we are far from teetotalers. Just sayin'...

Im 33 as well. Dont get me wrong, we party hard at our Bills bar on Sundays, and everyone generally knows how to do it responsibly. Im not saying it's every one of our generation, but I bet we both have friends we'd be embarrassed of at the Ralph. My point was that it's not just the usual 19-22 year old college kids, it's also older people who should know better, reliving those idiotic days.

I think they should have zero tolerance policies. Any behavior remotely resembling this gets you a lifetime ban.

Im 33 as well. Dont get me wrong, we party hard at our Bills bar on Sundays, and everyone generally knows how to do it responsibly. Im not saying it's every one of our generation, but I bet we both have friends we'd be embarrassed of at the Ralph. My point was that it's not just the usual 19-22 year old college kids, it's also older people who should know better, reliving those idiotic days.

Exactly. I know everyone wants to blame college kids but a lot of people act like idiots. For some reason, some people think that going to a football game means you can act like an idiot. It's the same mentality that people have when they talk crap over the internet.

I enjoy tailgating to the fullest and have never once been close to getting into a fight. As for opposing fans, I love to give them a little good natured grief but I also try and make things enjoyable for the, as well to make Buffalo look good. Instead of being idiots and jerks, we could use the Bills as a great way to promote our city. There's nothing wrong with having a good time, jsut don't act like an idiot.

Exactly. I know everyone wants to blame college kids but a lot of people act like idiots. For some reason, some people think that going to a football game means you can act like an idiot. It's the same mentality that people have when they talk crap over the internet.

I enjoy tailgating to the fullest and have never once been close to getting into a fight. As for opposing fans, I love to give them a little good natured grief but I also try and make things enjoyable for the, as well to make Buffalo look good. Instead of being idiots and jerks, we could use the Bills as a great way to promote our city. There's nothing wrong with having a good time, jsut don't act like an idiot.

I'd be curious to see the actual ages of people involved in these idiotic situations. Yeah there are plenty of idiots of any age, but I'd be willing to be it does skew towards the younger ages. Is it something so simple as them not really knowing how to handle their alcohol at that point?

And yes, there are idiots at every age at games. I had a 60-something south Boston fool spewing obscenities at me at a Bruins-Sabres game last year (the Miller-Lucic incident). I had line after line of nursing home jokes all lined up in my head, but since it was an entire row of south Boston behind me, I decided against it. Those people terrify me.

Less about age and more about socio-economic background. Most of the time these people have nothing else to live for. Getting drunk and knocking out a guy at a Bills game will be one of the few highlights of their life. If you respond to this thread and defend fist fighting at sporting events then you are probably a loser too.

WOW.... what a bunch of gutless little people. I have never felt so ahsamed to be from western ny! Did u see that lil 150lb kid in the black shirt knock out the cheek pointing kitty cat???

take this off the internet before the whole nfl see's where the non tough come to watch games. Now some ignorant dolphans fans are gonna punk us because we look weak

BUT it was great seeing jimmy spaggs get hit

Less about age and more about socio-economic background. Most of the time these people have nothing else to live for. Getting drunk and knocking out a guy at a Bills game will be one of the few highlights of their life. If you respond to this thread and defend fist fighting at sporting events then you are probably a loser too.

Fist fighting does have a place in some sporting events, namely boxing and MMA matches. Other then that though, you are correct.