Nothing to root for

I have enjoyed watching the Bills games for one reason. I am a big Freddie Jackson fan. But now that Freddie will be sitting out the next three or four games, I now find I don't have anyone on the Bills team to root for. My hope is that someone besides Freddie will step up and give us some consistent quality play time. I need a Bills player who week in and week out makes cheer. I know Spiller had a good week running the ball, but unless he begins doing it consistently then I don't find much to root for. If Fitz and Stevie Johnson ever start connecting again and putting up some respectable numbers that would also give us something to cheer about. Or maybe TJ Graham can get involved and surprise some people. Since Freddie is out for a few games, my Sunday has been freed up to spend time doing more productive things besides sitting through 3 - 4 hours of being disappointed by the Bills on the field playing and by coaches who fail to make adjustments during the game.

Nothing to root for? There's plenty to root for, both for pessimists and optimists. Pessimists can root for the #1 overall draft pick and for Fitz to suck. Optimists can root for 18-1 and for Fitz to become good.

If you can't find something to root for, you might need glasses. Or a service dog. I'm gonna guess service dog for you.

Look, I'm a big Fred Jackson fan too. I think he has a great story, and last year he was one of the best backs in the league.

But last year, Spiller did a bang up job as his replacement. And against one of the great defenses of the league Spiller put up enough yards to lead the lead the league in rushing and put up over 200 yards.

Week one sucked, I'm not going to stop being a Bills fan because of it.

I'm sure a pink Tom Brady Jersey would suit you well. Maybe you can get a fathead of Troy Polamolu(?) and write poems about his pretty hair?

Root for the Bills to win. Better yet, root for them to stay in Western NY. Otherwise, what's the point of all this?

Don't throw the baby out with the bath water. Here's my sincere advice on how to resurrect your life as a Bills fan, if you still want to remain one.

1. DVD the game and do something nice for someone with the 2 hours you save.

2. Change your screen name. It isn't going to serve you well in the years to come.

3. You may be depressed. Before you take antidepressant meds, look at your metabolism, sugar, caffeine, alcohol, and drug intake and decide if one or more of them are exacerbating the emotions you feel.

Best of luck. More than one of us has been in your shoes.

no reason not to get on the spiller bandwagon. Its a great time to get in, he is exciting to watch. Last week his big runs had me cheering. When Fred gets back you will have one of the best 1-2s in the backfield in the NFL. Fred will back in 4 weeks he says. You can hang on that long cantcha ?

If you only enjoy the games because of one player, then it's probably in your best interests to find another team, or different hobby altogether.

Nah, I'm not a team guy. I'm the type of guy that enjoys individual achievement. Guess that's why I also enjoy Tennis and Golf.

Different strokes for different folks. It's gets tougher each week cheering on a team that when the clock runs out only leaves you depressed, and disappointed.

I'm sure a pink Tom Brady Jersey would suit you well. Maybe you can get a fathead of Troy Polamolu(?) and write poems about his pretty hair?

Root for the Bills to win. Better yet, root for them to stay in Western NY. Otherwise, what's the point of all this?

Just donned my Green Bay Packers ballcap - I'm rooting for Aaron Rogers, unlike the Bills he hasn't disappointed me very often

If you think Spiller hasn't been consistent, then you obviously missed the final 6 games last season when freddie was hurt.

Exactly - and I didn't miss much did I?

Edited by Beerball

I have enjoyed watching the Bills games for one reason. I am a big Freddie Jackson fan. But now that Freddie will be sitting out the next three or four games, I now find I don't have anyone on the Bills team to root for. My hope is that someone besides Freddie will step up and give us some consistent quality play time. I need a Bills player who week in and week out makes cheer. I know Spiller had a good week running the ball, but unless he begins doing it consistently then I don't find much to root for. If Fitz and Stevie Johnson ever start connecting again and putting up some respectable numbers that would also give us something to cheer about. Or maybe TJ Graham can get involved and surprise some people. Since Freddie is out for a few games, my Sunday has been freed up to spend time doing more productive things besides sitting through 3 - 4 hours of being disappointed by the Bills on the field playing and by coaches who fail to make adjustments during the game.

Nah, I'm not a team guy. I'm the type of guy that enjoys individual achievement. Guess that's why I also enjoy Tennis and Golf.

So which is it? You only watch the Bills because you like Fred and you prefer individual achievement, or the Bills make you upset because you perceive them to be incompetent? Can't have it both ways... You either like the team and they players they have, or you like individual players on multiple teams. If its the latter then you shouldn't care if you think the Bills coaches fail to make adjustments and the players are inconsistent...

Don't throw the baby out with the bath water. Here's my sincere advice on how to resurrect your life as a Bills fan, if you still want to remain one.

1. DVD the game and do something nice for someone with the 2 hours you save.

2. Change your screen name. It isn't going to serve you well in the years to come.

3. You may be depressed. Before you take antidepressant meds, look at your metabolism, sugar, caffeine, alcohol, and drug intake and decide if one or more of them are exacerbating the emotions you feel.

Best of luck. More than one of us has been in your shoes.

I solved my depressed state - I don't watch the Bills - no meds needed - now wasn't that simple. Maybe you watch can and pound your fist on the bar, table, arm chair, etc. when Fitz throws another int., Spiller fumbles the ball away on the 1 yd. line, or Leodis gets beat for a touchdown that is the difference in the ball game.

wow

Like I said, I'm not a fan of teams. I'm a fan of individual players. My favorite all time player was Steve Tasker. So I always find another player to root for, and he doesn't have to be a Buffalo Bill.

My god man then stick to tennis and golf and boxing or whatever if you only care about individual achievement in sport. You understand football is a TEAM game? Your favorite players would certainly think your attitude is a bit askew if asked.

I solved my depressed state - I don't watch the Bills - no meds needed - now wasn't that simple. Maybe you watch can and pound your fist on the bar, table, arm chair, etc. when Fitz throws another int., Spiller fumbles the ball away on the 1 yd. line, or Leodis gets beat for a touchdown that is the difference in the ball game.

Way to antagonize a guy who was just trying to be helpful.

You claimed you were the fan of an individual player and NOT the team, hence why i brought up the pro-Spiller argument due to his individual performance.

You didn't miss much from a team perspective. You missed a TON with regards to Spiller's play and development.

So which is it? You only watch the Bills because you like Fred and you prefer individual achievement, or the Bills make you upset because you perceive them to be incompetent? Can't have it both ways... You either like the team and they players they have, or you like individual players on multiple teams. If its the latter then you shouldn't care if you think the Bills coaches fail to make adjustments and the players are inconsistent...

I root for Freddie to have a good week and am happy if he goes over 100 yds, and then if the team loses I don't care. Sure I would prefer they win, and they usually do when Freddie goes over 100 yds.

Yeah this thread needs to be closed. I actually felt sorry for the guy when I first started reading this post and wondered why were people being so hard on him. The more I read, the more I understood. This guy might want to consider not posting.

Then stfu and gtfo, troll.

Different strokes for different folks. It's gets tougher each week cheering on a team that when the clock runs out only leaves you depressed, and disappointed.

Just donned my Green Bay Packers ballcap - I'm rooting for Aaron Rogers, unlike the Bills he hasn't disappointed me very often

You must LOVE the pro bowl then.

Or just be a troll.

I'm guessing the latter.

I root for Freddie to have a good week and am happy if he goes over 100 yds, and then if the team loses I don't care. Sure I would prefer they win, and they usually do when Freddie goes over 100 yds.

Great. If you get good enough internet service under your bridge maybe you can start a Fred Jackson forum and litter it with your profound football insight.

How about rooting for Marcel Dareus this week, a talented player who just lost his brother, yet he's gonna be out there fighting for his team (and his brother I'm sure).

What about George Wilson? He had to fight and claw his way to stay in the league. His passion level is at the same level as Fred's. And he's worked his way up, changing his position,

to become a top safety.

How about Spiller (as others have mentioned)? A top pick, who has been a patient, team guy...doing and saying the right things, now he has his opportunity to shine.

How about Kyle Williams? The guy has never ever taken a play off. He's a beast who almost everyone doubted early on.

How about Mario Williams? Our big FA acquisition? You could root for him to prove his contract.

How about Stevie? A 7th rounder who is now talked about in Fantasy circles and on the national media on a regular basis. Plus he's a pretty darn good WR.

I could go on and on...honestly, what do you mean there is no one else to root for with Fred out. (Of course, you root for the whole team and a win first and foremost).

But, I mean, Fred is one of my favorites too; he's even on my fantasy team...I was devasted to see him injured. But football is a team sport and the Bills happen to be

a very likable team that has a lot of guys with great stories and passion. So, there are plenty of individuals to root for. And once they start winning, it will be easy to

root for the whole team.

Edited by folz

How about rooting for Marcel Dareus this week, a talented player who just lost his brother, yet he's gonna be out there fighting for his team (and his brother I'm sure).

What about George Wilson? He had to fight and claw his way to stay in the league. His passion level is at the same level as Fred's. And he's worked his way up, changing his position,

to become a top safety.

How about Spiller (as others have mentioned)? A top pick, who has been a patient, team guy...doing and saying the right things, now he has his opportunity to shine.

How about Kyle Williams? The guy has never ever taken a play off. He's a beast who almost everyone doubted early on.

How about Mario Williams? Our big FA acquisition? You could root for him to prove his contract.

How about Stevie? A 7th rounder who is now talked about in Fantasy circles and on the national media on a regular basis. Plus he's a pretty darn good WR.

I could go on and on...honestly, what do you mean there is no one else to root for with Fred out. (Of course, you root for the whole team and a win first and foremost).

But, I mean, Fred is one of my favorites too; he's even on my fantasy team...I was devasted to see him injured. But football is a team sport and the Bills happen to be

a very likable team that has a lot of guys with great stories and passion. So, there are plenty of individuals to root for. And once they start winning, it will be easy to

root for the whole team.

Because he's just trying to rile us up, not have a serious discussion.

Nothing to root for? There's plenty to root for, both for pessimists and optimists. Pessimists can root for the #1 overall draft pick and for Fitz to suck. Optimists can root for 18-1 and for Fitz to become good.

If you can't find something to root for, you might need glasses. Or a service dog. I'm gonna guess service dog for you.

I had a service dog. Loaned it to McKelvin for this weekend...

I root for the team and want a team that keeps chugging along when a main wheel goes down, thats what good teams do. Also as far as not having a RB to watch is the last problem we have on the team, Spiller is sound and exicting to watch, but I much rather have Jackson/Spiller combo, I hope Choice steps up and pounds some LBs and Spiller hides from them. Ive got 20 years of fandom, so Im rooting for whoever wants it, step up Bills players. LETS GO BUFFALO!!

to become a top safety.

root for the whole team.

Well put, I also want to root for Fitzpatrick, he represents the season this year, so I think he needs all the positive manifestation "thrown" his way that is possible from Bills fans. Positive thoughts and confidence, hes done it before, lets see it again.