Jackson suffers LCL injury,nothing conclusive...

bills44

In real time that injury looked horrible. I thought that may be the last play of his career.

The fact that he is walking is encouraging but you can walk on a blown ACL. Its stopping and starting when the ACL is used.

I think you can put Fred Jackson on Injured Reserve and designate him to come back, you can designate as many players as you want but you can only bring back 1 player.

Your ACL controls or stabilizes your lateral movement. You can go forward and backward all day. You can not make 'cuts'.

What is the prognosis for a sprained LCL? Probably gets it drained, then a shot of Cortizol in it? Maybe back in 1-2 weeks?

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting. I appreciated your anectdote and the details helped me understand the level at which you performed. Can you say anything else about your injury like how torn the LCL was? Obviously all injuries and cases are different, but it gives me something to consider.

Yeah, it was tear halfway across the ligament. For one week, I was in excruciating pain on par w/ an achilles partial tear and a pen stabbing in the face. Afterwards, it only hurt if I was trying to do too much.

So now the reports according to AP are that Freddie's knee is "inconclusive" on MRI. That's a new one. Either his knee is messed up or it's not?!? My guess is that Fred misses the KC game and hopefully his knee is strong enough for Cleve.

So now the reports according to AP are that Freddie's knee is "inconclusive" on MRI. That's a new one. Either his knee is messed up or it's not?!? My guess is that Fred misses the KC game and hopefully his knee is strong enough for Cleve.

I had an MRI in high school that came back inconclusive. Turned out to be a torn PCL but i sat out a few weeks and then got back to practice

I could be wrong but I’d guess there was too much swelling to get an accurate image.

Get well Freddie. You carried the team on your back last year and week need you healthy asap. Let's see how Spiller handles the starting role- he's got speed to burn but I remain skeptical about his ability to break tackles. The injury looked a heck of alot worse after that cheapshot from Landry.

Edited by Mr. Wonderful

Lately I've been thinking about CJ's inevitable succession and what this would mean for Fred Jackson.

Jackson will play football until his legs fall off, and I keep having a post-Bills vision of him bouncing around, getting cut, getting signed, cut, re-signed, with three to five other teams before he eventually hangs it up, and that thought troubles me.

It troubles me because of his story, and because it would illustrate just how business-first the NFL is.

Once it's clear that Buffalo can win with CJ/Choice, Freddie will be gone. He'll have a handful of great performances, but his career will ultimately sputter out.

He'll probably never make a Pro Bowl.

He'll never be in Canton.

And it's unlikely he'll ever be on Super Bowl winning team.

I wanted Freddie's narrative to have a happy ending. He's one of the best, most versatile, most dependable, most efficient running backs I've ever seen, but his path to NFL greatness will ultimately be his downfall--it was too long, and his youth simply slipped away before he ever had the chance to be a great one.

I had an MRI in high school that came back inconclusive. Turned out to be a torn PCL but i sat out a few weeks and then got back to practice

How did the cheerleading squad do without you at the bottom of the pyramid? AHAHAHAH

JK

Edited by BUFFALOTONE