Jackson suffers LCL injury,nothing conclusive...

bills44

I get that Spiller had a good game today, and that his production is finally catching up to his talent, but do you really want to waste time on a Jackson/Spiller debate?

This team has a limited QB with Arena-league caliber receivers and a coach who loves to run a division 2 college spread offense. Those are the offense's problems, not who plays running back.

The Bills should be running the ball 50 times a game. No matter how well Spiller plays, the team is going to miss Jackson.

No, I already said RB is not our problem, our run game will be excellent either way...but this is a thread about our run game, so what else are we supposed to talk about in this thread, the secondary?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twice. He had a minor leg fracture which he recovered from, and today he was sidelined with a hit that would have injured anyone. Recurring injuries of a particular nature, like Miles Austin's hamstring, or Shawn Merriman's achilles, are the kind of injuries that indicate someone is injury prone. Two unrelated injuries...not so much.

You know, if you fill a bucket with ping pong balls, shuffle it, and pull out a ball, mark it, put it back in, and do this repeatedly, you won't end up with a mark on every ball. Some balls will end up with five or six marks while others will have none. The balls with marks aren't particularly mark prone; it's just the luck of the draw.

That's not to say some guys aren't built stronger than others and are better able to sustain the beating of a season, but I've seen little to suggest Jackson is particularly fragile.

Didn't he have a broken hand, as well?

Twice. He had a minor leg fracture which he recovered from, and today he was sidelined with a hit that would have injured anyone. Recurring injuries of a particular nature, like Miles Austin's hamstring, or Shawn Merriman's achilles, are the kind of injuries that indicate someone is injury prone. Two unrelated injuries...not so much.

You know, if you fill a bucket with ping pong balls, shuffle it, and pull out a ball, mark it, put it back in, and do this repeatedly, you won't end up with a mark on every ball. Some balls will end up with five or six marks while others will have none. The balls with marks aren't particularly mark prone; it's just the luck of the draw.

That's not to say some guys aren't built stronger than others and are better able to sustain the beating of a season, but I've seen little to suggest Jackson is particularly fragile.

I never said he was injury prone...again, I was resonding to someone trying to claim Spiller can not be an every down back and FJ is one when he has proven he can be and stayed healthy. One yahoo on here said Spiller would be done by November...I was simply pointing out to him that FJ has been injured while Spiller has not, so how can they say only FJ is capable and Spiller is not...

I never said he was injury prone...again, I was resonding to someone trying to claim Spiller can not be an every down back and FJ is one when he has proven he can be and stayed healthy. One yahoo on here said Spiller would be done by November...I was simply pointing out to him that FJ has been injured while Spiller has not, so how can they say only FJ is capable and Spiller is not...

Fair enough. I having nothing bad to say about Spiller. Based on his size alone I'd like to have someone split the load with him to minimize the punishment, but so far he looks great and has held up well.

Didn't he have a broken hand, as well?

IIRC he played through that.

Fair enough. I having nothing bad to say about Spiller. Based on his size alone I'd like to have someone split the load with him to minimize the punishment, but so far he looks great and has held up well.

IIRC he played through that.

And FJ would be the perfect compliment wouldnt you say? I think its time to elevate Spiller above FJ but still give FJ plenty of work. I love FJ, but Spiller is a game changer

If it is a LCL sprain, does anyone know the average recovery time?

LCL is on the side of the knee next to the IT Band. I partially tore mine back in 03 and it took 6 weeks to recover back to running track shape. Painfully, but recovery shouldn't be too bad unless it is completely torn. A sprain shouldn't be too bad, but depends on the severity

I almost cried when I saw that 2nd guy hit him. Knees aren't supposed to do that.

this. it was an awful hit. he's an important player to this team. he will be missed, likely for 1/2 the season. his age, susceptibility to injury and conditioning had nothing to do with the injury.

And FJ would be the perfect compliment wouldnt you say? I think its time to elevate Spiller above FJ but still give FJ plenty of work. I love FJ, but Spiller is a game changer

I'd like to use them similar to the way Dallas used to platoon Felix Jones and Marion Barber when they were both solid contributors.

this. it was an awful hit. he's an important player to this team. he will be missed, likely for 1/2 the season. his age, susceptibility to injury and conditioning had nothing to do with the injury.

True. There is nothing in the world that conditioning or strength training could do to prevent an injury like that. The knee gets hit in an awkward position and 'something' has to give. I don't care if you are a slob or an athlete....the injury happens. The ability to recover may be different based on baseline conditioning etc. but, even then, it tends to follow 'standards' with respect to time etc. This is more bad luck than anything else. Wrong position; wrong time.

Edited by BillsFanM.D.

WOW! Did you actually type that?

No, it's an optical illusion.

I get that Jackson is a sentimental favorite, but he gets hurt too often, IMO.

What next - are we going to read that the average 31 yr old heals as quickly as the average 23 yr old?

Let's hope it's a 1st degree sprain.

- In 1st degree sprains, sport activities should be stopped for 3 weeks.

- A 2nd degree sprain takes 6-8 weeks of rehabilitation under the supervision of a physiotherapist.

Does anybody know the rules on this new IR thing. Is there a list that Brooks went on that others can be added to and one guy gets to come back or is Brooks the only guy who can come back period.

Does anybody know the rules on this new IR thing. Is there a list that Brooks went on that others can be added to and one guy gets to come back or is Brooks the only guy who can come back period.

I don't think there's a limit on the # of players who can be put on the "designated IR" list. Can't be pulled back for at least 6 weeks, though