Jackson suffers LCL injury,nothing conclusive...

bills44

Is Chris Johnson's size an issue, too? Can he not hold up as an every down back?? I love how people blindly bring up Spiller's size like he's some smurf/scatback. Check the facts. The Titan's Johnson is 5' 11", 191 lbs. Spiller is 5' 11", 200 lbs. Johnson has done just fine. CJ's size is fine for an every down back. Neither one has been injury prone. Jesus H, get a clue.

Convenient how you bolded the part of my sentence you wanted to argue with & ignored the part that basically stated your point. If I were TN I'd want a big bodied back to split the load with Chris Johnson (who's done nothing since his 2k season). RB is a punishing position, period. It's not a knock on CJ to prefer a two back system. There are plays that FJ is better suited for and others CJ is better suited for. Each does certain things as well as anyone in the league. I'm not interested in determining who is better. I'd rather have both. And the fact that CJ has played so well that we're even having this discussion is a positive as far as I'm concerned. I don't see it as an either/or proposition. And having 2 top RBs means both stay fresh and strong throughout the season & prolongs their careers. Do you have a problem with that?

Although he's a lot smaller, Spiller reminded me of a CJ, or even A.P. on that long 50 yard TD where he broke those tackles and had that huge burst of speed. It was scary quick

That pick's starting to look real nice. I can't think of anyone in the league with better break-away speed.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dirty play! That was a cut to the knees for sure, no doubt!

It was good hard hit to Jackson's upper thigh lower hip area. His left knee just seemed to take a strange twist (lft foot well planted when he took the hit). Hate the Jets, hate it even more that Fitz played so poorly and improved defense? Every year we figure the D can't get worse, yet it does. That D effort today was as pitiful of a D as I've seen in a long time

Everyone pick up CJ in your keeper leagues folks. Freddy might not be done but at the ripe age of 31 and in potentially the most physically demanding position on the field you will see his carries diminish to say the least. Then there's the fact that CJ is absolutely phenominal.

The knocks that some people are giving are BS.

-CJ is too small- BS, he's bigger than Johnson and how's he held up? The fact is he's not that small for a RB. The problem with this dumb argument is that people still remember Chan saying the term "scatback" and assume he falls into that mini-me Sproles type guy. He's not. Get over it.

-He won't hold up (usual excuse is he's too small, already covered) he started in what? 7 games last year when Fred was out. He played fine. He also got quite a few carries before FJ even got injured last year. He's proving he can be a racehorse.

-He can't pick up blitzes- BS, Chan even says he's getting it now.

Now the BS about Freddy (and I love Freddy)

-He is better than CJ- that may be...... For mow, but wait till CJ gets hot. He will show us what a true first round pick RB looks like.

-FJ is not been injured often- BS, he has. He was injured last year too. For half the year. And this is probably looking to be similar. 4-6 weeks is probably right here. When he comes back, CJ will be the starter and Fred will be the 3rd down back and fill in for CJ.

-FJs age isn't the reasons for his injuries-BS. Sure, maybe every player gets injure by the type of hit FJ had today. BUT... The younger players are more flexible, not as brittle and just plain heal faster. I'm not saying that CJ wouldn't have been injured, but I do think there's more of a chance he bounces off Landry instead.

There's a reason why RBs don't male it past 30 usually people. Because they are more succeptible (however you spell it) to injury. It's a fact. The older you get, the harder things become. This debate will never die here but some people will never realize the facts that most RBs never see past 30. Regardless of miles. The facts are there.

And to those that want to take shots at Justndaze because he never had 300lb players falling him ate comical. An injury is an injury. We've been over this too. First of all, Landy is not 300 lbs. He probably (not bothering to look it up) the same size as CJ Spiller. Second, it doesn't matter. If the poster says he had that injury and has factual information about the injury, recovery time, and potential of future re-injury, you should probably take that information as gold. It's why were all here in the end anyway. To get information that you don't know on your own. Show some respect people.

Thank you Justn and thank you to all the docs that gave some factual information on the injury.

FWIW, to those that said Fred wasn't limping off the field today that he could or should be back sooner, wasn't this the same case last year as well? Can't remember but I wanna say I watched him on the sideline walking around with ice on his knee but no issues when it happened last year.

Have a good night all. Stay classy.

I remember him standing with the ice on, but don't remember how he looked walking. Today if you didn't know he was hurt, you couldn't tell by him walking.

Is an LCL worse than an MCL? Remember when Kelly tore that in 1990, and was back three weeks later? Granted, QB is different than RB.

I love Freddie. Love his work ethic, love his story, love his skill. But Spiller is the better back. If we gave him the ball the whole game he would have had over 200 yards.

Fred's injury will force the ball into Spillers hands and that will give us a better chance of winning. Fred was running into the piling over and over. Spiller bounced it outside, inside and everywhere for 20 yard pops at a time.

We all understand that spiller has become a better back. But we needed a healthy Freddie to limit spillers stats. Do you want to pay for a 900 yd/yr back or a 1400yd/yr back when spiller's contract is up. When was the last time you saw the pats pay for a 1000yd/yr back.

I love Freddie. Love his work ethic, love his story, love his skill. But Spiller is the better back. If we gave him the ball the whole game he would have had over 200 yards.

Fred's injury will force the ball into Spillers hands and that will give us a better chance of winning. Fred was running into the piling over and over. Spiller bounced it outside, inside and everywhere for 20 yard pops at a time.

Yeah, Spiller is great at running when he's not fumbling the ball or playing against a D that is looking for the big pass.

actually as a decathlete at a SUNY school, where I had trainers giving me exercises to strengthen the knee. It took a 19 year old me 6 weeks to heal from a partial tear. I came back to finish 8th in conference in 4x200 relay, 7th in the 500, and won the 1000 m in the pentathlon competition in U of Toronto, during that indoor track season.

If Jackson has a similar injury, expect a similar amount of time out, possibly less due to the advanced facilities and attention that he may receive. Given the way that he was walking around, I'd hazard to guess that he didn't do as much damage as I did back then.

That all said Al, show respect instead trashing another's opinion and story.

Yeah, it will hurt but I think he'll miss at most two weeks based on how he was walking to the locker room/ medical center at the Meadowlands. When I injured that ligament, my knee hurt so bad that it locked up to avoid any more damage within 2 minutes. Crutches were helpful to me during the first week of recovery. So, I'd be encouraged by the sign of him walking period.

Thanks for posting. I appreciated your anectdote and the details helped me understand the level at which you performed. Can you say anything else about your injury like how torn the LCL was? Obviously all injuries and cases are different, but it gives me something to consider.

Not sure Spiller is the better back, I think they are both better when they are both playing, since they are different types of backs. My biggest problem with Spiller is everytime he touches the ball it seems like he is going to fumble it, he holds it like a loaf of bread.

The fact he can even walk after that was amazing. I think know we're seeing why you need 2 good backs in this league.

In real time that injury looked horrible. I thought that may be the last play of his career.

The fact that he is walking is encouraging but you can walk on a blown ACL. Its stopping and starting when the ACL is used.

I think you can put Fred Jackson on Injured Reserve and designate him to come back, you can designate as many players as you want but you can only bring back 1 player.

Convenient how you bolded the part of my sentence you wanted to argue with & ignored the part that basically stated your point. If I were TN I'd want a big bodied back to split the load with Chris Johnson (who's done nothing since his 2k season). RB is a punishing position, period. It's not a knock on CJ to prefer a two back system. There are plays that FJ is better suited for and others CJ is better suited for. Each does certain things as well as anyone in the league. I'm not interested in determining who is better. I'd rather have both. And the fact that CJ has played so well that we're even having this discussion is a positive as far as I'm concerned. I don't see it as an either/or proposition. And having 2 top RBs means both stay fresh and strong throughout the season & prolongs their careers. Do you have a problem with that?

I definitely don't have a problem with that and I wasn't trying to argue. In fact I agree with you 100% (bolded). I'm sorry if it came across that way or you got lumped in with the other poster who, based on his few posts, seems to be uneducated in the ways of football at best or a troll at worst. Your posts are usually coherent & well thought out so I'm sorry for the crossed-wires. My bad. I can't stand how there always has to be an all or nothing "camp". The "Freddie Camp" vs. the "Spiller Camp" or this guy is great, that guy sucks. If they're on the Bills, I want them to do well so that the team does well, regardless of who they are or what position they play. I want this team to have as many good players/playmakers as possible. I love that the Bills are in a position to have two backs of their caliber and FJ's injury made me sick for him, the Bills, and the fans.

So let's just forget 3+ years of quality work by Jackson for one good game by Spiller. Makes perfect sense to me.

Yeah, Spiller is great at running when he's not fumbling the ball or playing against a D that is looking for the big pass.

Its almost like you intentionally try to take the dumbest side of any discussion...clearly you do not watch Bills games

So let's just forget 3+ years of quality work by Jackson for one good game by Spiller. Makes perfect sense to me.

You just went full retard and you never go full retard...

I mean seriously? One good game? I guess you are another one who does not actually watch the bills play nor even bothers to look at game stats. Otherwise you would know Spiller had a lot of great games last year...his only limitation was Chans stupidity in insisting on throwing the ball no matter who is in our backfield with a QB who cant thrown the ball...

This is probably true. Our two injuries are to guys we can replace with guys who need to get on the field anyway in Spiller and TJ. But as I say, turnovers lose games but injuries lose seasons. A 3 or 4 more starters on IR and its "hasta la vista" baby again - another one down the drain

Its almost like you intentionally try to take the dumbest side of any discussion...clearly you do not watch Bills games

You just went full retard and you never go full retard...

I mean seriously? One good game? I guess you are another one who does not actually watch the bills play nor even bothers to look at game stats. Otherwise you would know Spiller had a lot of great games last year...his only limitation was Chans stupidity in insisting on throwing the ball no matter who is in our backfield with a QB who cant thrown the ball...

Right.

Extrapolated over a full season, Spiller (beginning in 2011) filling in for the injured Freddie has put up numbers that would give him:

1,405 yards rushing

9 TD's

484 receiving yards

4 receiving TD's

So yeah, almost 2,000 all purpose yards (not counting returns) and 13 TD's at the pace he's been going at over the last SEVEN games...

Put down the bottle of stupid pills, Spiller detractors...