Ron Brooks out 10-12 weeks??

NewEra

Has anyone confirmed this? I can only find a couple threads discussing it, but have yet to see any official news or links. Devastating blow IMO. Hopefully McGee makes a quick recovery, I'm not sure if Williams is ready to be a starter and McKelvin has found a nice spot in the slot. He's really impressed me this training camp/preseason. While he's been guarding mostly 2nd stringers, Brooks looks (to me anyway) like he's better than Williams at this point. I really love this kid and I'm praying the injury isn't that bad, I was really looking forward to watching him play.

This is all that is known

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/08/31/how-cornerback-might-alter-roster-decisions/

In the last five days the cornerback position had Terrence McGee suffer a setback in his return from offseason knee surgery and Ron Brooks failed to make the trip to Detroit for the preseason finale due to a foot injury suffered in practice Tuesday. If the coaching staff is unsure as to whether either of them would be available to play Week 1, they may have to carry another cornerback on their roster, which would bring that total to seven. (It’s been widely assumed the Bills were going to carry six cornerbacks on their final roster)

The other option, if the Brooks injury is serious enough, would be to put Brooks on injured reserve and designate him as their player to return to the active roster under the new I-R rules, but that would not be able to happen until Sept. 4th after 4 pm. If they put him on I-R prior to that (today for example) then he would not be eligible to return to the active roster. That makes it even more likely that they carry seven cornerbacks to start the season if the injury.

True but he is familiar with the staff and I am sure some of the playbook is similar, I wouldn't be opposed to bringing Florence back as a temporary measure.

Why? So the temporary refs can call holding on EVERY play on D-Flo? He holds too much and the temps call too many holding calls that are NOT holding... D-Flo will get crucified...

Why? So the temporary refs can call holding on EVERY play on D-Flo? He holds too much and the temps call too many holding calls that are NOT holding... D-Flo will get crucified...

It would be for the 4th CB spot. Not a lot of chances to hold, and should be able to make that coverage.

I thought Brooks was very impressive during the preseason, as I know a lot of us did. This is a real bummer...thankfully it looks like McLovin is going to bring it this year, though, so that keeps us solid through our nickel back. Williams needs to avoid regressing, though, if he's going to be a reliable starter.

If we're worried about facts here. The temp refs have no idea about defensive holding or illigal contact downfield. The don't call PI either.

They caLl the game like its 1985. The DBs are getting away with raping the WRs our Gilmore has gotten away with some unsolicited advances on some unwilling WRs.

In today's NFL You cannot touch a receiver 5 yards down the field until the ball arrives. The replacement refs don't seem to be aware of this concept.

Chris Trapasso @ChrisTrapasso

Breaking News: A source close to the situation tells me #Bills CB Ron Brooks broke his foot. Out 10-12 weeks. Potential IR candidate.

Trapasso is saying the same thing. 10-12 weeks would be IR; 6-8 weeks would be the designated guy to return.

Breaking News: A source close to the situation tells me #Bills CB Ron Brooks broke his foot. Out 10-12 weeks. Potential IR candidate.

Trapasso is saying the same thing. 10-12 weeks would be IR; 6-8 weeks would be the designated guy to return.

so if its 10-12, why didnt they ir him?

If we're worried about facts here. The temp refs have no idea about defensive holding or illigal contact downfield. The don't call PI either.

They caLl the game like its 1985. The DBs are getting away with raping the WRs our Gilmore has gotten away with some unsolicited advances on some unwilling WRs.

In today's NFL You cannot touch a receiver 5 yards down the field until the ball arrives. The replacement refs don't seem to be aware of this concept.

This is what I've seen as well. To be honest, I can't say I don't like it though.

" Ron Brooks, Erik Pears, Mark Anderson and Kyle Williams did not play but will all be available for the season opener against the Jets. "

http://billsdaily.com/news/

Who knows where this guy gets his info though.

Quoting things that are incorrect is pretty whack. Not sure why you would do something like this, unless the site changed their quote. There's no mention of Brooks...unless I'm just blind.

I'm very skeptical......a foot injury causing a 10-12 week miss? Something else is going on or that time to miss.

Foot injury's kept Ashton Youboty off the field, and than cut a few years. And he was a promising corner when we picked him up. It sucks for Ron brooks, but I dont think any thing sneaky is going on.

Foot injury's kept Ashton Youboty off the field, and than cut after afew years. And he was a promising corner when we picked him up. It sucks for Ron brooks, but I dont think any thing sneaky is going on.

Quoting things that are incorrect is pretty whack. Not sure why you would do something like this, unless the site changed their quote. There's no mention of Brooks...unless I'm just blind.

There's no mention of Brooks now, wouldn't exclude it may have been there. Bills Daily is generally a bit careless about details. For example it's reported that Tarvaris Jackson threw two interceptions, which is not correct, it was one interception.

I'm very skeptical......a foot injury causing a 10-12 week miss? Something else is going on or that time to miss.

Why skeptical? A broken foot took Schaub out for the season.

6-8 weeks is a typical healing time for a broken bone, and then would need several weeks to get back into playing shape since healing a broken foot will disallow most aerobic and lower body exercise.

Traspasso is the only one reporting this, that's where the rumor (right now it is just a rumor) started.

There's no mention of Brooks now, wouldn't exclude it may have been there. Bills Daily is generally a bit careless about details. For example it's reported that Tarvaris Jackson threw two interceptions, which is not correct, it was one interception.

BillsDaily home page

Ron Brooks, Erik Pears, Mark Anderson and Kyle Williams did not play but will all be available for the season opener against the Jets.

It is possible we are holding out on Brooks till after the 4th - we will just have to wait and see. It must have been more then someone stepping on his foot in practice if it is broke.

I don't think any of the CBs we released were worth keeping, so I wonder who we would sign while Brooks is out?

Why skeptical? A broken foot took Schaub out for the season.

6-8 weeks is a typical healing time for a broken bone, and then would need several weeks to get back into playing shape since healing a broken foot will disallow most aerobic and lower body exercise.

A lisfranc injury is something totally different and rare .....which is what Schaub got last year.

It's easy to break a bone in the foot but those don't take long to heal. Sometimes besides a break you can have ligament/tendon tearing which will complicates things. Another serious injuries is with the Achilles. The Achilles is what got Kyle Williams last year.