Game 1: Bills versus Jets

<p>

The BIlls over the Jets, 74-0. Gosh, I would love to see that.

What are the most points the Bills ever scored in a game? The most I remember off the top of my very small head is the 51-3 whipping we laid on the Raiders in the AFC Championship Game.

In 2008,Bills beat KC on the road 54-31.

I already made my prediction 2 weeks ago (link), and see no reason to change it at all...

TOTAL HUMILIATION for the inept Rex Ryan and his circus-sideshow roster of talentless, ersatz professional athletes.

The season opener will be over mid-way thru the first quarter, as the Bills overwhelm the ill-prepared and poorly coached Jets...

Buffalo Bills 74

New Jersey Jets - 0

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to be undefeated...I expect to win every game." - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:

have i told you lately that you are the heart and soul of the team for fandom.

I like your attitude. 74-0 it is then.

Go Bills

I already made my prediction 2 weeks ago (link), and see no reason to change it at all...

TOTAL HUMILIATION for the inept Rex Ryan and his circus-sideshow roster of talentless, ersatz professional athletes.

The season opener will be over mid-way thru the first quarter, as the Bills overwhelm the ill-prepared and poorly coached Jets...

Buffalo Bills 74

New Jersey Jets - 0

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to be undefeated...I expect to win every game." - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:

Please explain how they get to the magic 74. 10 td's + extra points & 2 safeties? cuz I can't imagine having to line up for a field goal while driving and scoring at will...I should definitely start Chandler and Lindell for my fantasy team.

otherwise, ok

Please explain how they get to the magic 74. 10 td's + extra points & 2 safeties? cuz I can't imagine having to line up for a field goal while driving and scoring at will...I should definitely start Chandler and Lindell for my fantasy team.

otherwise, ok

You thinK I just pull these scores outa my *** ???? B-)

9 TDs

3 FGs

1 SFTY

Chan is very vanilla during the preseason we had games of 10-10 and 6 on offense last preseason then when it counts they are out of the gate with 41-38-34-20-31-24 in their first six. He does not show anything, help his linemen, use Spiller or Jackson. I hate the Jets and can't stand Sanchez but in his defense they do not have many weapons on offense. The JETS will want to keep it ugly low scoring and pull it out late in the fourth. BUFFALO I think wants a track meet have to get touchdowns not field goals the Jets best hope is fumbles and interceptions without three or four turnovers I think the Jets will be under 14 points Bills in a good win 27-10.

This guy was also convinced Vince Young was going to win the starting QB job in Buffalo.

but when he's wrong your not suppose to remember, when he is right he can say "see told you so"

You thinK I just pull these scores outa my *** ???? B-)

9 TDs

3 FGs

1 SFTY

Ah, the ol' 9-3-1 ratio! Why'd I even ask?

Given the Bills history of making the oddest things a reality, there maybe something to this prognostication. I'd even give you partial credit for 47-0. Let's see... 9 fg's, 3 td's w/ no extra points, 1 safety...

In that case, I'm definitely starting Lindell...

Jets pass rush looks better with coples and this is 2nd yr in a row they've added a 1st round starter to the D line. So I'm not sure our improvements there offer any kind of advantage. But what really bothers me is watching Sanchez in their last preseason game and seeing how much better he is than Fitz. WRs dropping balls kept them out of end zone not Sanchez. If they start catching them unfortunately I see another frustrating loss to jets

Jets pass rush looks better with coples and this is 2nd yr in a row they've added a 1st round starter to the D line. So I'm not sure our improvements there offer any kind of advantage. But what really bothers me is watching Sanchez in their last preseason game and seeing how much better he is than Fitz. WRs dropping balls kept them out of end zone not Sanchez. If they start catching them unfortunately I see another frustrating loss to jets

Train's leaving Joe, why dontcha get on? I guarantee we'll have a good time... c'mon!!!

Train's leaving Joe, why dontcha get on? I guarantee we'll have a good time... c'mon!!!

Oh I'll be watching and rooting, and no one will be more pleased if we win than me. But if I had to put money on it, it wouldnt be on bills. Jets have the same (if not better) quality D as last year, and I'm seeing much better play out of their starting QB than ours

The way Stevie looked against Pitt he is not even close to ready to play any NFL game much less against the best corner in the league.

Rex will play 8 in the box and force the throw. They were ranked 13th against the run last year, not dominant but good enough. With a rusty Stevie/Fitz I think the game will be decided by the Chandler, Nelson, Jones trio and how well they can move the ball.

Tebow doesn't scare me at all. We shut him down last year I expect the same.

Low scoring game Bills win 16-10

I was wondering if u could explain your comments a bit further....Stevie had some very good catches in the Steeler game

who were the jets playing? who did the bills play?

Oh I'll be watching and rooting, and no one will be more pleased if we win than me. But if I had to put money on it, it wouldnt be on bills. Jets have the same (if not better) quality D as last year, and I'm seeing much better play out of their starting QB than ours

B-B-B-But I saved a seat right by the window for ya...

Both teams have looked pretty bad on offense in the preseason and I think that leads to a sloppy first game.

Jets win 13-10.

Then again, I've never been very good at this prediction stuff.

Jets won't score 10pts. let alone 13.

Bills Win 24 to 12. TeeBow wins a sack / fumble

you have to remember this - and hope for a repeat.

The Bills were the BEST in the NFL in the RedZone before the injuries to starters began. Player by player the Offense dropped in the standings.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

The Jets are not very good. If we cant mop the field with them, then we are very far away from the 10-6 or 11-5 predictions that many people made for this season. Everyone pretty much had us beating them both times. Now it's going to be a close, low-scoring game? Not a good sign. The Bills appear to be a paper lion with no real teeth on either O or D. Jets will likely be a 3 point fav simply becasue of home field. I'm a Bills fan BTW. Bet on the Jets to cover a 3-point spread at home.

Jets 17

Buf 9

The Jets are not very good. If we cant mop the field with them, then we are very far away from the 10-6 or 11-5 predictions that many people made for this season. Everyone pretty much had us beating them both times. Now it's going to be a close, low-scoring game? Not a good sign. The Bills appear to be a paper lion with no real teeth on either O or D. Jets will likely be a 3 point fav simply becasue of home field. I'm a Bills fan BTW. Bet on the Jets to cover a 3-point spread at home.

Jets 17

Buf 9

mmmmm... cr@p sandwich...tasty!

Yes, it is a steaming pile. I think the team is heading in the right direction, but our problems are so deep and wide that it's going to be another season or two before we see the playoffs again. The DET game could be telling. The last pre-season game is usually a true warm-up to the regular season. If they finish strong, it could carry over and then you never know. Personally, I have my doubts about Fitz. He's a good backup, but he's not a playoff-caliber starter. We still need an O-line too. Maybe the D can carry us for a few games.

mmmmm... cr@p sandwich...tasty!

Yes, it is a steaming pile. I think the team is heading in the right direction, but our problems are so deep and wide that it's going to be another season or two before we see the playoffs again. The DET game could be telling. The last pre-season game is usually a true warm-up to the regular season. If they finish strong, it could carry over and then you never know. Personally, I have my doubts about Fitz. He's a good backup, but he's not a playoff-caliber starter. We still need an O-line too. Maybe the D can carry us for a few games.

That couldn't be farther from the truth and the Detroit game will tell us the LEAST of the preseason games.

Last time we played them which was late November and in Jersey, our offense did pretty well against what I think is one of the best defenses in the league. Held the ball for over 36 minutes with Fitz throwing 3 TDs and no INTs. The reason we lost that game was because we couldn't stop the run primarily and Sanchez was effective with play-action and had a very efficient game.

We stop the run, get in Sanchez's grill, we should win a low scoring affair.

Now isn't that better than a crap sandwich?

GO BILLS!!!

Im looking for the Bills to establish a running game. Its a tough task to get into a groove running the ball in preseason. I believe this offense as a whole will be alot better go foward. I feel the same way about the Jets too. Neither offense is as bad as things looked.

Prediction:

Bills 27 Jets 17

The difference is turnovers and qb pressure. We are finally going to see everything at full throttle

I do think that it's going to be a battle in the trenches.

When the Jets have the Ball

The Jets have been notably awful this preseason. When they were at their best, they had L.T. and were running the ground and pound. Shonn Greene is decent, but I would not say that he is a huge threat Three games in, their offense has no touchdowns. They may have a wrinkle or two with the wildcat, but their O-line has been abysmal and will be lining up against a very talented front four. Unlike Big Ben, I doubt either Sanchez or Tebow will be able to keep making plays out of the Max Protect scheme. The Bills secondary, while not there yet, will be against Santonio Holmnes just back from injury and...Angelo Cromartie? I'm not afraid.

When the Bills have the Ball

Rex Ryan will be stupid to not put 8 men in the box. He will be daring Fitz to throw. The only bright spot I can think of is that Stevie utterly torched Revis the last time they played. Whether or not the Bills will be effective will rely entirely upon whether Fitz gets his chemistry with his recievers back.

Special Teams

Moorman has been on, which looks like a good thing considering the number of punts that will be coming. Overall, the Bills edge it out.

In the end, the Bills have a barely competent offense against an incompetent offense. Barring some dramatic shift, the Bills edge it out in a close one.

I do think that it's going to be a battle in the trenches.

When the Jets have the Ball

The Jets have been notably awful this preseason. When they were at their best, they had L.T. and were running the ground and pound. Shonn Greene is decent, but I would not say that he is a huge threat Three games in, their offense has no touchdowns. They may have a wrinkle or two with the wildcat, but their O-line has been abysmal and will be lining up against a very talented front four. Unlike Big Ben, I doubt either Sanchez or Tebow will be able to keep making plays out of the Max Protect scheme. The Bills secondary, while not there yet, will be against Santonio Holmnes just back from injury and...Angelo Cromartie? I'm not afraid.

When the Bills have the Ball

Rex Ryan will be stupid to not put 8 men in the box. He will be daring Fitz to throw. The only bright spot I can think of is that Stevie utterly torched Revis the last time they played. Whether or not the Bills will be effective will rely entirely upon whether Fitz gets his chemistry with his recievers back.

Special Teams

Moorman has been on, which looks like a good thing considering the number of punts that will be coming. Overall, the Bills edge it out.

In the end, the Bills have a barely competent offense against an incompetent offense. Barring some dramatic shift, the Bills edge it out in a close one.

Not bad.

Last time we played, Fitz was more than effective enough to win the game. He'll have more weapons this time around in the form of Fred Jackson, too.

As for 8 in the box that's all well and good but a simple wrinkle in formation will take that away from Rex. Where Rex will kill us is when we have unmanageable down/distance situations. He will bring the house on ANY 2nd and 3rd and longs. Count on it. We have to keep him honest which, again, we did a pretty good job of the last time we played them in November.

GO BILLS!!!

How is it furthest from the truth? Both first teams should be out for the first half. Sure, they'll be getting a last look at some bubble guys, but we'll see the more of the first team than we have all pre-season. They've not showed a whole lot of anything good yet. So this last pre-season game will be indicative of how the first team is going to perform.

What happened last November really doesn't matter. Both teams have changed and it's a new season. Citing stats/results from last year doesn't convince me of a thing. Our O is weak. Fitz is average, and unless we smash-mouth them with a lot of running, we're going to lose.

Sorry for heaping on more steaming piles. I'm just not seeing a playoff-bound team here. I'm too old to bother with the whole..."it's a new season and anything can happen" mantra. This team is not a playoff contender (once again).

That couldn't be farther from the truth and the Detroit game will tell us the LEAST of the preseason games.

Last time we played them which was late November and in Jersey, our offense did pretty well against what I think is one of the best defenses in the league. Held the ball for over 36 minutes with Fitz throwing 3 TDs and no INTs. The reason we lost that game was because we couldn't stop the run primarily and Sanchez was effective with play-action and had a very efficient game.

GO BILLS!!!

How is it furthest from the truth? Both first teams should be out for the first half. Sure, they'll be getting a last look at some bubble guys, but we'll see the more of the first team than we have all pre-season. They've not showed a whole lot of anything good yet. So this last pre-season game will be indicative of how the first team is going to perform.

What happened last November really doesn't matter. Both teams have changed and it's a new season. Citing stats/results from last year doesn't convince me of a thing. Our O is weak. Fitz is average, and unless we smash-mouth them with a lot of running, we're going to lose.

Sorry for heaping on more steaming piles. I'm just not seeing a playoff-bound team here. I'm too old to bother with the whole..."it's a new season and anything can happen" mantra. This team is not a playoff contender (once again).

You can expect to see the first team for 10 snaps, according to Gailey, Wood, and a couple others.

The third preseason scrimmage is considered the dress rehearsal for the regular season and that's when the starters play the most.

I agree that last year doesn't matter. But it's all I have to go by until further notice. And yes, both teams have changed. The Jets got worse on offense. We got better on defense.

I keep trying to make chicken salad out of those chicken sh*t sandwiches you keep serving up. But I can't blame you one bit for being skeptical. No playoffs in 12 years says it all.

GO BILLS!!!

Man, I hope we're both wrong about no playoffs. Those ten snaps better result in two TDs. If the most we're going to see of the first string was that steaming pile against PIT, we are in for another long year.

You can expect to see the first team for 10 snaps, according to Gailey, Wood, and a couple others.

The third preseason scrimmage is considered the dress rehearsal for the regular season and that's when the starters play the most.

I agree that last year doesn't matter. But it's all I have to go by until further notice. And yes, both teams have changed. The Jets got worse on offense. We got better on defense.

I keep trying to make chicken salad out of those chicken sh*t sandwiches you keep serving up. But I can't blame you one bit for being skeptical. No playoffs in 12 years says it all.

GO BILLS!!!

GO BILLS!!!

Yes, It's like having Baked Alaska , but I think I still have the taste of the main course in my mouth.

Typically, the last pre-season game is the one where the starters see the least action and the coaches perform their final evaluation of players who are "on the bubble". Not just for us - most teams do it this way. In what way does such a last pre-season game serve as a "true warm up to the regular season"?

Rex Ryan made a statement a few weeks ago that his defense will be working against 4-5 WR one back spread sets in preparation for that first home game.Plus, we really haven't see anything of the Tebow / wildcat so far in the pre-season. The Jets players don't sound particularly concerned about their lack of offense so far this pre-season. The Jets are supposedly going to be a ground and pound offense this year like they were 2 years ago.

From the way Stevie Johnson played in last weeks Steelers game it looked like this year was strike shortened off season with all the miscues, 9 targets, 3 catches. So are both teams so busy disguising what they will do opening game so nobody knows what to expect?

I can only hope the Bills are ready to play, and play well enough to win. :D