Game 1: Bills versus Jets

BLOW OUT.

Have you guys seen the gangrene play offense? They haven't scored a TD yet... ANY UNIT! They make Jauron look like Bill Walsh. Merely improving our run D will be enough to put them away. Their receivers can't catch, Keller is gimpy and we have a D-line built to keep Tebow in the pocket, making him the 4 interception, one dimensional player that he is. And don't tell me they're not gonna play him when the chorus of boo's comes raining down on Sanchez. They'll be down big, late, and replace him with TT. That will serve to open the proverbial can-of-worms with regards to the QB situation.

Have you guys been watching Freddy run? He is gonna be amazing this year. I'd say 115 yds and 2 scores on opening day. He looks smooth and fast. We now have capable back-ups and other uniquely skilled weapons with a creative coach. It all rests on Fitz. Don't turn the ball over, win games. But this matchup is a nightmare for New Jersey, they'll be a 5 win team this year... and that's if they over produce.

Have you noticed all of our purged players getting axed by other teams ? What's that say about our GM?

Buffalo 33, East Rutherford 9

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BLOW OUT.

Have you guys seen the gangrene play offense? They haven't scored a TD yet... ANY UNIT! They make Jauron look like Bill Walsh. Merely improving our run D will be enough to put them away. Their receivers can't catch, Keller is gimpy and we have a D-line built to keep Tebow in the pocket, making him the 4 interception, one dimensional player that he is. And don't tell me they're not gonna play him when the chorus of boo's comes raining down on Sanchez. They'll be down big, late, and replace him with TT. That will serve to open the proverbial can-of-worms with regards to the QB situation.

Have you guys been watching Freddy run? He is gonna be amazing this year. I'd say 115 yds and 2 scores on opening day. He looks smooth and fast. We now have capable back-ups and other uniquely skilled weapons with a creative coach. It all rests on Fitz. Don't turn the ball over, win games. But this matchup is a nightmare for New Jersey, they'll be a 5 win team this year... and that's if they over produce.

Have you noticed all of our purged players getting axed by other teams ? What's that say about our GM?

I hope the optimists are right. Can't wait for the season to start.

We lose a close one 21-17... for some reason sanchez always plays pretty well against us and our defensive still needs time to gel. Our offense doesnt match up well against the Jets defense. We can't run effectively on them and they have a stingy pass d.

However this game does motivate the players to work harder and instead of starting strong and falling off.. this loss serves as a kickstart and a foundation for a solid season.

Gotta respect the Jests' defense. They are good and Ryan is a master at taking advantage of unfavorable down/distance situations for an offense. They don't give up a lot of points and I don't see us scoring more than 17, if that.

But our defense matches up very well with their anemic offense. We get in Sanchez's grill early and often and we win, simple as that. Key is stopping their running game. Tebow will be a non-factor.

Bills take an ugly one (but a beauty for us fans of good defensive football) 13-6.

GO BILLS!!!

I have no idea what to expect for this game. There's all the questions we have on offense, there's all the questions on exactly what the F the Jets are going to do with St. Timothy of Gainesville. I am sure both Chan and Rex have a lot up their sleeves.

I know this though: A Northern New Jersey crowd chanting "TE-BOW, TE-BOW!" is definitely a sign of the end of times.

Gotta respect the Jests' defense. They are good and Ryan is a master at taking advantage of unfavorable down/distance situations for an offense. They don't give up a lot of points and I don't see us scoring more than 17, if that.

But our defense matches up very well with their anemic offense. We get in Sanchez's grill early and often and we win, simple as that. Key is stopping their running game. Tebow will be a non-factor.

Bills take an ugly one (but a beauty for us fans of good defensive football) 13-6.

GO BILLS!!!

I think this sums it up pretty well. Their defense is strong, and we're going to have trouble moving the ball. I don't think their offense is quite as bad as people are making it out to be. I watched the first few drives in their last game against Carolina, and they moved the ball fairly well, just couldn't convert when they got into FG range. I'm pretty concerned about this game.

I'd like to read your thoughts concerning the Bills first game. Here, briefly, are mine:

When the Bills have the ball.

We have two backs who averaged over 5 ypc last year but fans hoping to see us pound the ball will be disappointed. The Bills offensive line just isn't that physical and, anyway, Chan is going to be Chan. Gailey likes to throw out of a spread offense because it forces the opposing team to defend every part of the field. You could say - somewhat simplistically but accurately - that Chan uses the pass to open up the run. So despite the strength of the Jets secondary, Fitz will put the ball in the air but not with great success.

When the Jets have the ball.

The Jets O has looked pathetic in preseason so far and they have personnel issues that will be hard to overcome. But it will be interesting to see what Rex does with Tebow's unique but flawed skill set. Rex has said that an advantage of having Tebow is that it forces opponents to waste valuable preparation time on him rather than the base offense. To keep that threat credible, Rex will have to use a good amount of Tebow against the Bills. And we haven't seen Rex's best Tebow ideas in preseason - he's saving them for the Bills game.

Prediction

Although we'll see some breakdowns, the Bills D will play well enough that the Bills will eke out a close win in a low scoring game. Fitz's stat line won't be pretty, however, and his critics will be howling that we should have picked QB X (whoever looks good in Week One) in 2011/2012.

There gona need Tebow cuz Sanchez stinks, I thought Fitz was average but after watching the Jets so far I think we have decent shot.

I predict we win 10 - 9 for low scoring defensive battle.

I already made my prediction 2 weeks ago (link), and see no reason to change it at all...

TOTAL HUMILIATION for the inept Rex Ryan and his circus-sideshow roster of talentless, ersatz professional athletes.

The season opener will be over mid-way thru the first quarter, as the Bills overwhelm the ill-prepared and poorly coached Jets...

Buffalo Bills 74

New Jersey Jets - 0

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to be undefeated...I expect to win every game." - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:

I already made my prediction 2 weeks ago (link), and see no reason to change it at all...

TOTAL HUMILIATION for the inept Rex Ryan and his circus-sideshow roster of talentless, ersatz professional athletes.

The season opener will be over mid-way thru the first quarter, as the Bills overwhelm the ill-prepared and poorly coached Jets...

Buffalo Bills 74

New Jersey Jets - 0

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to be undefeated...I expect to win every game." - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:

The BIlls over the Jets, 74-0. Gosh, I would love to see that.

What are the most points the Bills ever scored in a game? The most I remember off the top of my very small head is the 51-3 whipping we laid on the Raiders in the AFC Championship Game.

No more Plax making circus catches to keep their do-or-die drive alive. I predict a close, sloppy game. I wonder what the record for 3-and-outs is for a game that is not played in a snow storm? Defense makes the difference, and the Bills squeak by, 13-10 (could be 16-10, but the Bills miss a 37 yard field goal).

BLOW OUT.

I have to agree, but I think we'll go beyond as this is a runaway blowout 38-3...