Russell Wilson to start Friday

It took you three days to think up that response?

Anyway, Wilson is essentially the same height that Vick and Brees are (generously) listed at. GMs who are more worried about how tall he is instead of how he performed over 5 years of college ball aren't very clever perhaps. It should have been clear his "short stature" did nothing to hinder him. Yet they wouldn't hesitate invest a 3rd round pick in a raw WR like TJ "People say I can't catch" Graham.

Or maybe I didn't spend three days thinking of it and it just popped into my head this morning. The way people are going crazy for Wilson is starting to border on insane. I like Russell Wilson, I wish him nothing but the best. Outside of UB, Wisconsin is favorite college team, so I watched him play a lot last year. I just think it's a little nuts to be anointing him at this point and calling the Bills inept for not picking him. It's apparently impossible to talk about what players on other teams are doing without immediately trying to make it an indictment of the Bills.

Edited by biglukes

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish they added a feature that data mined your posts and weighed your opinions so like when someone goes apesh*t over a rookie QB in preseason, it would like add a tag to their post that says, "I thought Rob Johnson, JP Losman and Trend Edwards were good choices too".

Or maybe I didn't spend three days thinking of it and it just popped into my head this morning. The way people are going crazy for Wilson is starting to border on insane. I like Russell Wilson, I wish him nothing but the best. Outside of UB, Wisconsin is favorite college team, so I watched him play a lot last year. I just think it's a little nuts to be anointing him at this point and calling the Bills inept for not picking him. It's apparently impossible to talk about what players on other teams are doing without immediately trying to make it an indictment of the Bills.

Very well said and I find myself in the same boat. I like Wilson a lot and won't have mind the Bills drafting him. But this is why I hate the preseason. Everyone overreacts to everything. All of sudden the Bills are idiots for not drafting Wilson because he light up a KC team without 2 d back starters. You know, the same team Fitz light up in the regular season last year when games count.

I wish RW the best. He seems like a great kid and hopefully proves size doesn't matter. But let's not pretend like this is an exact science. Seattle has thrown crap at the wall to try and get a QB: the awful Whitehurst trade, the Jackson and Flynn signings. The draft is a complete crap shoot. And let's let the guy prove it in the regular season when teams are game planning exclusive for him.

Here's the endictment: The Bills currently have the longest active playoff drought in The NFL. The lesser charges include not being able to find a competent coach, or capable QB in almost 20 years.

The accusations of ineptitiude aren't a new thing. -Clearly, There's been a pattern of ineptitiude for at least twelve years! Whether its the F.O. or the coaching staff, a host of bad calls have brought this team to where it is today.

And what's this NONSENSE about "anointing" Russell Wilson anything? Are you people blind? -This kid is out there earning it every chance he gets! Few people have given Wilson anything but doubt despite him dominating at every single level. -I'll tell you what borders on insane, -the pig-headedness of some of these Wilson-doubters!

What has Fitz accomplished? What cause do any of us have to believe in him at all? -So far He's a failure. Yet Fitz could go out there, throw two completions, and we're headed for the playoffs!

Oh, wait! -But he's smart right?

You haters aren't going to recognize this kid 'til he comes to town and throws that ball all over our high-priced defense. That's what Wilson does. -The kid didn't start any of this hate, but I believe he's going to finish it before all is said and done.

Edited by #34fan

Here's the endictment: The Bills own the record for the longest playoff drought in The NFL. The lesser charges include not being able to find a competent coach, or capable QB in almost 20 years.

The accusations of ineptitiude aren't a new thing. -Clearly, There's been a pattern of ineptitiude for at least twelve years! Whether its the F.O. or the coaching staff, a host of bad calls have brought this team to where it is today.

And what's this NONSENSE about "anointing" Russell Wilson anything? Are you people blind? -This kid is out there earning it every chance he gets! Few people have given Wilson anything but doubt despite him dominating at every single level. -I'll tell you what borders on insane, -the pig-headedness of some of these Wilson-doubters!

What has Fitz accomplished? What cause do any of us have to believe in him at all? -So far He's a failure. Yet Fitz could go out there, throw two completions, and he's the next frickin' Joe Montana!

You haters aren't going to recognize this kid 'til he comes to town and throws that ball all over our high-priced defense. That's what Wilson does. -The kid didn't start any of this hate, but I believe he's going to finish it before all is said and done.

The Bills aren't close to the record for longest playoff drought. You should google that, too. Longest active streak does not equal the record for longest drought.

The only hatred I've seen in this thread is from those that can't praise one player without knocking another. None of it towards Russell Wilson.

As for Fitz's accomplishments, well not much. But he's won at least ONE NFL game.

GO BILLS!!!

The Bills aren't close to the record for longest playoff drought. You should google that, too. Longest active streak does not equal the record for longest drought.

GO BILLS!!!

Right. Made a boo-boo when I was typing. -It's been corrected.

Here's the endictment: The Bills currently have the longest active playoff drought in The NFL. The lesser charges include not being able to find a competent coach, or capable QB in almost 20 years.

What has Fitz accomplished? What cause do any of us have to believe in him at all? -So far He's a failure. Yet Fitz could go out there, throw two completions, and we're headed for the playoffs!

WOW GREAT THREAD

Very well said and I find myself in the same boat. I like Wilson a lot and won't have mind the Bills drafting him. But this is why I hate the preseason. Everyone overreacts to everything. All of sudden the Bills are idiots for not drafting Wilson because he light up a KC team without 2 d back starters. You know, the same team Fitz light up in the regular season last year when games count.

I wish RW the best. He seems like a great kid and hopefully proves size doesn't matter. But let's not pretend like this is an exact science. Seattle has thrown crap at the wall to try and get a QB: the awful Whitehurst trade, the Jackson and Flynn signings. The draft is a complete crap shoot. And let's let the guy prove it in the regular season when teams are game planning exclusive for him.

I agree that teams have not specifically game planned for him, however they haven't game planned for Fitz either and he has looked terrible. I think people, like myself, hyperbole the Wilson efforts because we are desperate for a winning QB and a winning team. Call me a hater, but I hate losing, not the Bills.

Back during the draft looking at the QB's available and seeing what they did with their college careers i was a huge fan of Russel Wilsons ! Although all the experts had said "he's to short - he'll never be more than a back up in the NFL" the only thing i could think of was the Flutie era all over again !!

Because despite all of the people on here that for one reason or another hated Flutie he is still in the Bills record books for a reason ... All's the guy did was win for us while he was here & Russel Wilson will now do that for the Seahawks .

And to think we could have had him in the 3rd round like they did low risk - high reward !!

I AIN'T SAYIN - BUT I'M JUST SAYIN ........................ THINK ABOUT IT !!!

Lets not get to excited until we see him play a few regular season games.

But It is an interesting similarity that Flynn was given big trade and contract based on very little game time (ala Rob Johnson)

and he is being outplayed by the smaller underdog (ala Flutie)

Edited by BILLriant

Are we going to go through every draft and declare the "Should Have"s now? Is this the point we are at? Too many good moves by the FO to be happy, so we need to do the whole hindsight thing since (god forbid) we arent 100% in every move... :rolleyes:

Yes. It's our way of "shoulding" all over ourselves.

GO BILLS!!!

I liked Wilson or Cousins more than TJ. TJ just seemed to be another reach by the Bills for a player who would have been available a round later. They could have grabbed Wilson in the 3rd, and TJ in the 4th. I think both will be good, btw, but I don't think the Bills were in a position to pass up on QB, esp. when they were/are in need of a backup, and TJ will be the #3 WR at best. Finally, the most disturbing thing I read on this thread is that Gailey didn't even watch tape of Wilson because "they were not going to draft a QB." WTF. Thigpen is terrible, and you don't even watch tape of a top ten QB. That's extremely lazy. Perhaps if he watched the tape, and the reports on TJ, he would have taken Wilson in 3 and TJ in 4.

I liked Wilson or Cousins more than TJ. TJ just seemed to be another reach by the Bills for a player who would have been available a round later. They could have grabbed Wilson in the 3rd, and TJ in the 4th. I think both will be good, btw, but I don't think the Bills were in a position to pass up on QB, esp. when they were/are in need of a backup, and TJ will be the #3 WR at best. Finally, the most disturbing thing I read on this thread is that Gailey didn't even watch tape of Wilson because "they were not going to draft a QB." WTF. Thigpen is terrible, and you don't even watch tape of a top ten QB. That's extremely lazy. Perhaps if he watched the tape, and the reports on TJ, he would have taken Wilson in 3 and TJ in 4.

Ummm... Gailey doesnt draft. He is one of the last guys they would ask to evaluate a mid round QB behind Nix, Whaley, and several of the scouts, even though he is known as a QB guru. I would imagine he did some film study of Newton, and perhaps Gabbert last year, because they were possible #1 picks, but he still would not be more than the fourth or fifth voice on the possibility.

I agree that teams have not specifically game planned for him, however they haven't game planned for Fitz either and he has looked terrible. I think people, like myself, hyperbole the Wilson efforts because we are desperate for a winning QB and a winning team. Call me a hater, but I hate losing, not the Bills.

What he meant is that QB's can look good until teams get game film on them and figure out how to defend them.