Casey Pachall, Bills future franchise QB

Casey Pachall 6'5" 226 TCU QB Hometown:

Second-team All-Mountain West selection ... appeared on the Manning Award Watch List ... started all 13 games ... set TCU single-season records for completions (228), completion percentage (66.5), passing yards (2,921) ... ranked 12th nationally in passing efficiency with a 157.98 rating ... completed 66.5 percent of his passes with 25 touchdowns and just seven interceptions ... Walter Camp National Player of the Week after career-high totals of 473 yards passing (24-of-37) and five touchdowns in a 36-35 win at No. 5 Boise State ... the 473 yards passing at Boise State were the most by a TCU quarterback in the 11-season tenure of head coach Gary Patterson and the second-best single-game total in school history ... the five touchdown passes tied a TCU single-game record shared by three others ... rallied TCU three times this season from fourth-quarter deficits, including two of at least 17 points ... his fourth-quarter TD toss to Skye Dawson put TCU ahead for good in the Poinsettia Bowl ... threw for at least one touchdown in 10 of 13 games, including multiple scores in eight contests ... responsible for 34 points at both Boise State and Baylor, tying for the fourth-best single-game total in TCU history ... threw for four touchdowns at Baylor, one shy of the TCU single-game record, in his first collegiate start ... a completion percentage of 80.0 (20-of-25) at Air Force tied for the eighth-best single-game mark in TCU history ... his 11 straight completions to start the Air Force game tied Andy Dalton (vs. Baylor, 2010) for second all-time in most consecutive completions at TCU ... received Mountain West Offensive Player of the Week honors for his efforts in the Air Force game.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Second-team All-Mountain West selection ... appeared on the Manning Award Watch List ... started all 13 games ... set TCU single-season records for completions (228), completion percentage (66.5), passing yards (2,921) ... ranked 12th nationally in passing efficiency with a 157.98 rating ... completed 66.5 percent of his passes with 25 touchdowns and just seven interceptions ... Walter Camp National Player of the Week after career-high totals of 473 yards passing (24-of-37) and five touchdowns in a 36-35 win at No. 5 Boise State ... the 473 yards passing at Boise State were the most by a TCU quarterback in the 11-season tenure of head coach Gary Patterson and the second-best single-game total in school history ... the five touchdown passes tied a TCU single-game record shared by three others ... rallied TCU three times this season from fourth-quarter deficits, including two of at least 17 points ... his fourth-quarter TD toss to Skye Dawson put TCU ahead for good in the Poinsettia Bowl ... threw for at least one touchdown in 10 of 13 games, including multiple scores in eight contests ... responsible for 34 points at both Boise State and Baylor, tying for the fourth-best single-game total in TCU history ... threw for four touchdowns at Baylor, one shy of the TCU single-game record, in his first collegiate start ... a completion percentage of 80.0 (20-of-25) at Air Force tied for the eighth-best single-game mark in TCU history ... his 11 straight completions to start the Air Force game tied Andy Dalton (vs. Baylor, 2010) for second all-time in most consecutive completions at TCU ... received Mountain West Offensive Player of the Week honors for his efforts in the Air Force game.

As a Fort Worth native, that's cool!!

I'm sure Tank would welcome him aboard!

He had a news conference and apologized.

TCU accepted his apology.

Have to give him the benefit of the doubt and

watch his progress this year.

Isn't the greatest olympian in all of history also know to blaze a lil'?

Bolt has admitted to smoking pot, adding almost every kid growing up in Jamaica has smoked ganja at least once.

“When you’re a child in Jamaica, you learn how to roll a joint,” he told Germany’s Bild newspaper. “Everyone tried marijuana, including me, but I was really young.”

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnclarke/2012/08/10/usain-bolt-weed-for-sale-pot-shops-cash-in-on-usain-bolt-smoking-the-competition-at-london-olympics/

Isn't the greatest olympian in all of history also know to blaze a lil'?

Bolt has admitted to smoking pot, adding almost every kid growing up in Jamaica has smoked ganja at least once.

“When you’re a child in Jamaica, you learn how to roll a joint,” he told Germany’s Bild newspaper. “Everyone tried marijuana, including me, but I was really young.”

http://www.forbes.co...ondon-olympics/

Uhhhhhh......not sure but I think 20 years was referring to our own Michael Phelps. He's been known to enjoy an occasional bong ripper here and there.

Plenty of QBs put up gaudy numbers in college, but at any given moment there are only about 5 "franchise" QBs in the NFL. (I always take this term to mean, this quarterback is the greatest asset in the franchise).

So, not saying you're wrong, but just curious...in what way does Pachall distinguish himself to you as a potential Franchise QB?

Plenty of QBs put up gaudy numbers in college, but at any given moment there are only about 5 "franchise" QBs in the NFL. (I always take this term to mean, this quarterback is the greatest asset in the franchise).

So, not saying you're wrong, but just curious...in what way does Pachall distinguish himself to you as a potential Franchise QB?

I think he smiled at Buffalo Barbarian in the cafeteria one day after Barbarian spilled his pudding. Pachall was quoted as saying he thought it was "cute"

:nana:

Edited by Captain Hindsight

Not likely :lol: but I am glad that you're latched onto your next QB prospect.

I was onto him last year but he wasn't coming so I waited till we didn't land Tannehill (gonna stink watching him lead the phins to the superbowl :thumbdown: )

Hopefully I don't get flamed as hard for this one :D

I think he smiled at Buffalo Barbarian in the cafeteria one day after Barbarian spilled his pudding. Pachall was quoted as saying he thought it was "cute"

:nana:

:flirt:

Of the people on these boards who are constantly looking for our "next franchise quarterback," or are asking questions like, "which QB should we have drafted or traded for?..." I wonder if they considered Fitz to be our franchise QB after the first six games last season?

If we go 10-6, or make the playoffs this season, then will Fitz be our franchise QB?

Besides the stats above the kid is a gamer, basically a combination of Tebow and Tannehill but with a better arm B-)

They need a developmental QB, so why not.

The Bills and the Chiefs will certainly be looking to improve their QB situations in 2013, probably in RD1 or 2,

looking at Barkley, Wilson, and Logan Thomas in RD1 and

Landry Jones, Tyler Bray, Geno Smith (I think Keith Price and EJ Manuel might move up in there, too).

After those two, maybe San Francisco, then a bunch of teams looking for depth

(Jets, Cards, Ravens, Cowboys, Broncos, Vikes, Chargers, Rams, Titans).

http://www.drafttek.com/teamneeds2013.asp

But not so many in the 1st-2nd round as last year, IMHO. Better value at QB in RD1-2 than in 2012.

The Bills and the Chiefs will certainly be looking to improve their QB situations in 2013, probably in RD1 or 2,

looking at Barkley, Wilson, and Logan Thomas in RD1 and

Landry Jones, Tyler Bray, Geno Smith (I think Keith Price and EJ Manuel might move up in there, too).

After those two, maybe San Francisco, then a bunch of teams looking for depth

(Jets, Cards, Ravens, Cowboys, Broncos, Vikes, Chargers, Rams, Titans).

http://www.drafttek....amneeds2013.asp

But not so many in the 1st-2nd round as last year, IMHO. Better value at QB in RD1-2 than in 2012.

Where you guys got EJ ranked this early? I can see him going anywhere from the 1st (having an RG III type of rise) to the lower rounds if he holds steady. No question he's got all the tools, he's just got to put it all together, have the "light go on" in a sense. For arguments sake, he's had roughly the same number of starts that Ponder had before the light really went on for him.

http://aol.sportingn...rock-gary-patte

Marijuana, cocaine, and ecstasy.

He's not on our Big Board, BB...I'd be surprised if Pachall moves into the first or second day.

Saw him in the Positional rankings so I snapped him up, trust me the kid can play and will be flying up the boards like Tannehill did.

Geno Smith is mah gahh as Buddy would seh.

Mah gahh ?

So we get to look forward to 8 months of your incessant, 12-year-old childish type posts about Paschall, in place of tallywhacker?

Yep just for you :nana:

Let's see how he plays in the Big 12 this season. I'm not saying TCU didn't play some good teams last year, but I think this season will be a better indicator of his future potential.

Yeah, if he can't keep up with the other 50 + point per game QB's in the Big 12 we'll know he's worthless.

NOOOOOOOO!!! Not another QB that the Barbarian likes!

Yeah, if he can't keep up with the other 50 + point per game QB's in the Big 12 we'll know he's worthless.

Haha. Yeah I hear what you're saying about the Big 12 being known for high scoring offenses and sub-par defenses. That's certainly true to an extent, but in general, I feel like playing a solid Big 12 schedule will give us a better indicator of his ability compared to playing Mountain West teams. His last 5 weeks are rough: OK St, West Virginia, Kansas St, Texas, and Oklahoma. Texas will have one of the best defenses in the country this season, so that would be a game to watch if you want to see how the kid fares. But back to your point...given the conference Pachall plays in, he better be putting up some numbers.