Honey Badger kicked off of LSU team

bbb

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking the Cowboys will be after him as well

What is the protocol for a college player who gets tossed off his team? Can he sign with an NFL team now or does he have to wait for the draft?

I think it's good for the Buffalo Bills. He'll likely slip in next April's draft to the mid-20s. Perfect place for Buddy and Chan to "take a chance" on a guy with tons of upside.

Actually this sort of stuff would scare Nix and Gailey away.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

What is the protocol for a college player who gets tossed off his team? Can he sign with an NFL team now or does he have to wait for the draft?

PTR

he already missed the draft a couple of weeks ago.

he can sit out and transfer D1 and play in a year, or he can go play a year of d2 and hope for the best at the combine come spring.

or just not play and hope for the best come april ala quinn a few years ago.

and an article, again citing drugs. which hes had issues with before.

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2012/08/lsu_all_american_tyrann_honey.html

Edited by NoSaint

LSU has standards? You learn something new every day!

Maybe Penn State will take him.

I don't like PSU, (SU and Pitt fan) but that's a ridiculous statement.

PTR

I'd take him in Rd. 2 if he's there. Seriously though, the kid needs to get into rehab and work out while there to show that he's serious about changing to have a shot at getting drafted.

I don't like PSU, (SU and Pitt fan) but that's a ridiculous statement.

I'd take him in Rd. 2 if he's there. Seriously though, the kid needs to get into rehab and work out while there to show that he's serious about changing to have a shot at getting drafted.

janoris jenkins says he should have no problem, just a matter of whether or not he slides all the way to the 30s.

Weed, specifically. Nothing else will show up on a drug test. Do cocaine? Lay off for a few days. Smoke weed? Test positive for a month.

Weed? Really? Why even test for it? It certainly is the opposite of a PED. Since these guys pretty much know when they are going to be tested, maybe he was thrown for being even too stupid for LSU.

Weed, specifically. Nothing else will show up on a drug test. Do cocaine? Lay off for a few days. Smoke weed? Test positive for a month.

last year the suspension was for synthetic weed. id assume its something in that realm again, but who knows - just speculation at this point.

Weed? Really? Why even test for it? It certainly is the opposite of a PED. Since these guys pretty much know when they are going to be tested, maybe he was thrown for being even too stupid for LSU.

Because its an extension of US drug policy. Why else do you think the International Olympic Committee tests for weed? It isn't because weed is a PED. A good comparison would be the drinking age. The Federal government denies highway funds to states that have an age below 21. The same is most definitely true for our universities. If you don't test your athletes for illegal drugs, guess what? No federal funding.

Unless he is really screwed up, his draft stock will still be high come next April. He is that talented.

He's not a great cover corner. He's just an electric athlete.

That said - he is really screwed up. Hes screwed up enough to be a heisman candidate and get booted off the team.

Forgive me for being ignorant, but why couldn't he be considered a NFL free agent?

You have to enter through draft eligibility either the April draft, or julys supplemental draft..

Also, you have to be 3 years removed from college to be draft eligible

Edited by NoSaint

You have to enter through draft eligibility either the April draft, or julys supplemental draft..

So in other words, he phucked himself.

Btw, I can't believe this is Cnn.com's lead story.

Edited by It's in My Blood

So in other words, he phucked himself.

Btw, I can't believe this is Cnn.com's lead story.

The plan now appears to be an FCS team for a year. I'm hearing mcneese Is among the leaders out of the gate. That he wants to get out of baton rouge so southern is off the list - to put into perspective what comes between now and April's draft.

I think it's good for the Buffalo Bills. He'll likely slip in next April's draft to the mid-20s. Perfect place for Buddy and Chan to "take a chance" on a guy with tons of upside.

He's been kicked off the team for drugs, so do you really think he's going to be a Bill?

Three years from college, or high school?

He's been kicked off the team for drugs, so do you really think he's going to be a Bill?

Three years from college, or high school?

Wooops. Was writing 3 years of college then switched it to the more accurate 3 removed from high school and blended them.

Weed? Kicked off a team for weed, PLEASE CHILD? Maybe he was tested the day after doing coke? He could be tested any day of the week, why does it matter how long something stays in your system? I highly doubt he gets booted for some refer.

Weed? Kicked off a team for weed, PLEASE CHILD? Maybe he was tested the day after doing coke? He could be tested any day of the week, why does it matter how long something stays in your system? I highly doubt he gets booted for some refer.

From my understanding it's atleast his third violation in just 2 years and a couple months.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.