Parking at Games

I purchased season's this year for the sole purpose of taking my 8 and 11 year old sons to games. They aren't Bills fans (to many losing seasons) and I thought that the game-day experience might help increase their love of the Bills.

So, I'm looking for the best place to park. I'm coming from Amherst and I'm not looking to tailgate. More of an easy in and out. Should I buy the Bills parking pass for $144 which averages out to $16 a game? Just looking for the sage advice of more veteran visitors to One Bills Drive.

Thanks

I like to park on California Rd. It's a bit of a walk but saves on the getting out. It's also cheaper than the stadium lot. There are several options but the car wash and the lot right next to it are where I have had the most success. Getting out is a breeze as there is a cop directing traffic right next to where you pull out.

I would say though that tailgating is an essential part of the game day experience. Consider it Act 1 of a 2 part day. Even if you did it simple with hot dogs and sodas while tossing a football around I feel it would increase your kids enjoyment immensely (and create some great memories). I don't get to the games as much as I used to but I still tailgate at my house with kan jam and grilling every week. If you want to convert them this will help a ton.

Act 2 then is the game and hopefully they go 8-0 at home for ya! :beer:

I purchased season's this year for the sole purpose of taking my 8 and 11 year old sons to games. They aren't Bills fans (to many losing seasons) and I thought that the game-day experience might help increase their love of the Bills.

So, I'm looking for the best place to park. I'm coming from Amherst and I'm not looking to tailgate. More of an easy in and out. Should I buy the Bills parking pass for $144 which averages out to $16 a game? Just looking for the sage advice of more veteran visitors to One Bills Drive.

Thanks

If you coming from Amherst I would definately park somewhere off of Southwestern. I would probably stay on the stadium side of the street. You could park in lot 5 if you go the season ticket pass. We park there & I live in lancaster & I am usually home 15-20 minutes after the game has ended. Like the other poster said, once you get past California it moves really quick. There are also some grass fields before lot 5 that are pretty much easy in/easy out.

if your trying to "turn" your kids into Bills fans, and are going to go to the games and NOT tailgate, then your doing it wrong man....tailgaiting is not just for getting drunk and rowdy (although thats what I do)...tailgaiting is for grillin some food, taking in the atmosphere, walking around and being immersed in it - vendors, watching others, doing the whole bills fieldhouse bit....your kids will easily become bills fans when they see the passion of the thousands of other fans

Ive been a season ticket holder for a long time, and have parked in private and official bills lots....and I strongly recommend going with Bills lots...only for the simple reason your right in the thick of it all...I have never once had an issue getting out of the lots (I also dont hang around and watch players celebrate/run off the field/take my sweet ass time getting out of the game)...once game ends, leave your seats and have a nice quick walk to your car and you'll be back in amherst in 30 minutes at most...park in lot 5 and you will have no issues what so ever...drive for 5 baby!

(just taking your kids to games is to rob them of the season ticket experience)

If you're going to park at lots on California, be careful because some businesses allow their employees to park there for games but not the general public and might have you towed if caught. So what may look like a chance to park for free might be more trouble than paying $15 to park. The company I work for is on California near Southwestern and I know that we've had issues with people trying to park in the company's lots because they saw employees there hanging out before games.

Here's a suggestion. Park at ECC South off route 20. It's cheaper and it has plenty of green space around it should you wish to toss a football or whatever. It's a longer walk but it means less traffic to fight through to get out of the parking lot. Most folks there head south after the game so traffic is fairly light heading north. Not sure what you would hit after crossing Abbot but I suspect it's the same area near where others were talking. Pack a cooler with some drinks, buy some subs at Wegman's and have an easy tailgate (nothing to cook,) listen to the pregame and throw the football with your boys.

My son and daughter are 31 and 19 months and I am already picturing us there someday. To go really cheap, park across the street @ Bert's Bikes. They charged $10 last year. My wife complained about the walk but this is a woman that can walk up and down the mall concourse all day long.

Thanks

As a Buffalonian, you do not give them a choice to become fans of other teams. My kids know the words to the shout song and they are 6-4-almost 2. Talkin Proud!

honestly If your not really tailgating and just want to get in and out definitely go to the private lots next to ecc. This will be me my dad and my brothers 6 year (im in college now so I will only get to 2-3 games this year) but even though we now tailgate we didnt at first and we get out much quicker then the stadium lots. Sounds like a good father I had to beg my mom to get season tickets for my dad for a fathers day "present". He wasnt too thrilled at the time but now its a transition that I will do with my children, truly nothing like it. Have fun and GO Bills.

When I go to the games we usually park at ECC. It's pretty easy in easy out.

I don't tailgate either. But it is fun to walk through the parking on the way to game and see some of the outlandish things going on.

I don't have anything against tail gating, but it is not necessary to have a good time at the game and root like hell for the Bills.

I have 11 and 9 year old boys and I thought that a good way to introduce them to Bills football would be to take them to a pre-season game. We parked at Hammer's Lot and set up our tailgate. Other families were there and the boys ended up playing in a pick-up football game with a bunch of other kids and had a blast while the adults enjoyed some great food and beverages. It could not have been a better evening all around and both of my kids (especially my youngest) enjoy the game of football and are huge Bills fans. Make it fun for them and they will be chomping to go to more games but certainly do not miss out on the tailgate aspect. GO BILLS!

Thanks

I would park in a private lot. Pay $16 and get stuck in a big stadium lot after the game.

For Hammer's Lot, do you need to reserve a spot for the game? Coming in from CA to the opening vs KC driving up from Geneva and would like to park in Hammer's Lot. Is there a protocol or anything to parking there?

Thanks

For Hammer's Lot, do you need to reserve a spot for the game? Coming in from CA to the opening vs KC driving up from Geneva and would like to park in Hammer's Lot. Is there a protocol or anything to parking there?

Thanks

Hammer will start a thread soon for parking at the Two Bills Drive Annual Home Opener Tailgate (TBDAHOT). You can reserve a spot then.

I like to park on California Rd. It's a bit of a walk but saves on the getting out. It's also cheaper than the stadium lot.

Yeah California Road is where I always park too.

8 & 11 years old? Hope you won't be posting about people drunk and dropping F bombs in front of your kids. At that age I would take them to Sabre games before Bills games

8 & 11 years old? Hope you won't be posting about people drunk and dropping F bombs in front of your kids. At that age I would take them to Sabre games before Bills games

I don't know I took my son(he was 7 at the time) to his first game last year against the Eagles & he had a ball. Yeah he heard a few f bombs but for the most part it was all good. Found some kids parked next to our tailgate & they had a little football game right in the parking lot. He loved it. Taking him to the patriots game this year. This stuff about sheltering the kids from the big bad bills football games gets way over played on this board.

Gotta agree. You better be sure you are okay with your kids seeing and hearing stuff your wife would not like.

PTR

Gotta agree. You better be sure you are okay with your kids seeing and hearing stuff your wife would not like.

PTR

I've been a season ticket holder for over 20 years and have tried private lots and the stadium lots. I prefer the stadium lots because it does seem like there is more action there. I'm also a lot 5 advocate. I stay until the end and have little trouble getting out of there. If you're leery about the rowdies just be sure to pay attention to who you're parking near. A large 20-something old crowd with tents could be a sign of possible "over exuberance". Just keep driving until you find a more family friendly area. One thing to note about private lots is that you have a longer walk. Not a big deal in good weather but a PITA if it's raining or freezing cold and windy.

By the way, I'm sure Hammer's lot is great too since you can meet up with regulars. I have never parked there so I can't comment on it. But there are plenty of regulars here that speak very highly of it.

Edited by UpperDeck

I've been a season ticket holder for over 20 years and have tried private lots and the stadium lots. I prefer the stadium lots because it does seem like there is more action there. I'm also a lot 5 advocate. I stay until the end and have little trouble getting out of there. If you're leery about the rowdies just be sure to pay attention to who you're parking near. A large 20-something old crowd with tents could be a sign of possible "over exuberance". Just keep driving until you find a more family friendly area. One thing to note about private lots is that you have a longer walk. Not a big deal in good weather but a PITA if it's raining or freezing cold and windy.

By the way, I'm sure Hammer's lot is great too since you can meet up with regulars. I have never parked there so I can't comment on it. But there are plenty of regulars here that speak very highly of it.

If you were to park in a private lot, the closest and most stadium like would be "the pit" which is right next to lot 1 (i think) off of 20A and runs all the way back to the field house.

Thanks

Secret handshake, special hand signals and you are in.

I've got a better suggestion, but probably not a very popular one.

Dont take an 8 and an 11 yr old for the entire season. Unless you want your kids to start saying the "F" word and other salty comments, you're better off finding something else to do with them.

NFL stadiums are not great places for little kids. In fact most college stadiums aren't either. Lots of drinking, swearing, etc goes on. Not sure why you want to expose your kids to that for 7 games. I would definitely not tailgate with them. Sure the atmosphere is great...for 25 yr olds, not for 8 year olds.

Pick a game or two and try it out. Then see if you want to invest in full season tickets for both of them.

I take my kids to the preseason kids day every year. Also took my 7 year old son to the Toronto game last year, but that's pretty tame there. I think it will still be a few years before they start going to regular season games at the Ralph, but I don't think it's that big of a deal.

I park at Hammer's lot. Great place to park and the kids have a blast.