Mario Williams House

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same street Jimbo lives on, right?

I just got back from Asheville, NC last month. I thought the two story library at the George Vanderbilt's Biltmore Estate was from a bygone era. I'd go read in that sucker!

Same street Jimbo lives on, right?

I just got back from Asheville, NC last month. I thought the two story library at the George Vanderbilt's Biltmore Estate was from a bygone era. I'd go read in that sucker!

Kelly's house is the one right across the street from the one Mario bought. From what I understand, Mario's house used to belong to some big shot lawyer who got busted in a ponzi scheme.

I know. That gets you a two bedroom condo in NYC, no joke. Why the eff do I live here?

Because it's NYC. I'd rather pay 2 mil for a 1100sq ft 2 bedroom in Manhattan than a mansion in orchard park.

Edited by Marshmallow

Because it's NYC. I'd rather pay 2 mil for a 1100sq ft 2 bedroom in Manhattan than a mansion in orchard park.

Well, you can get a 2 BR condo or coop for a lot less in Manhattan, too. I wonder what he paid for this place. No way he paid 1.9 mil.

I guess if you're single. I love NYC but it's like college for adults. You're broke, live in a box, and have to have someone drive you. But $10 beer is so much better in the city. If you had a family, IMO, you'd be crazy to raise them in NYC over Buffalo. That said, there are fewer greater places than NYC if you're single.

Property taxes are less than I was expecting. (But then again, there's the school tax, the county tax, and there'll likely be a reassessment now).

My cousin just outside Rochacha paid ~$12K/year for a LOT less home than that.

I love the area, but I wouldn't move to WNY unless I were making Mario-style $.

Edited by UConn James

I am glad he bought in WNY. An article TBN wrote in Feb 2012 spoke about how many players and coaches only rent in OP and its surrounding areas. IIRC Rob Johnson lived in a hotel the whole time he was here.

From the article:

Just passing through

Bills General Manager Buddy Nix affirmed last month the team would spend up to the NFL's $120 million salary cap, introducing a few dozen millionaires into Western New York who wouldn't normally be here.

Giambra noted that works out better for the state than the county. Albany would rake in between $9 million and $10 million in income taxes.

"How much money is really put back into the community from 30 millionaires?" Giambra asked. "The answer is more to the state than to the local community. Maybe they buy a house and a couple cars here, but most of that money leaves with them."

Or maybe football players don't buy those big-ticket items here.

Many players bring cars with them to training camp. Luxury vehicles in the St. John Fisher parking lots are dotted with out-of-state license plates.

Real-estate agents The News interviewed dismissed the idea that losing so many millionaires would undercut the housing market in Orchard Park or Hamburg.

NFL coaches and players not only tend to rent here, but they're also known for trying to break their leases when the season is over.

Terrell Owens was given a key to the city, but he rented. Ralph Wilson doesn't own a house in Western New York; he has a condo in Williamsville. Head coach Chan Gailey rents.

"Not one Realtor would be impacted by the Bills not being here," said Maureen Flavin, an agent who specializes in high-end properties and has represented several Buffalo Sabres and Bills clients over the past 20 years.

"So many of them rent, and the places they rent are highly desirable. I could rent those places out in my sleep. There are way more people who want to rent than places to rent."

I am glad he bought in WNY. An article TBN wrote in Feb 2012 spoke about how many players and coaches only rent in OP and its surrounding areas. IIRC Rob Johnson lived in a hotel the whole time he was here.

From the article:

Just passing through

Bills General Manager Buddy Nix affirmed last month the team would spend up to the NFL's $120 million salary cap, introducing a few dozen millionaires into Western New York who wouldn't normally be here.

Giambra noted that works out better for the state than the county. Albany would rake in between $9 million and $10 million in income taxes.

"How much money is really put back into the community from 30 millionaires?" Giambra asked. "The answer is more to the state than to the local community. Maybe they buy a house and a couple cars here, but most of that money leaves with them."

Or maybe football players don't buy those big-ticket items here.

Many players bring cars with them to training camp. Luxury vehicles in the St. John Fisher parking lots are dotted with out-of-state license plates.

Real-estate agents The News interviewed dismissed the idea that losing so many millionaires would undercut the housing market in Orchard Park or Hamburg.

NFL coaches and players not only tend to rent here, but they're also known for trying to break their leases when the season is over.

Terrell Owens was given a key to the city, but he rented. Ralph Wilson doesn't own a house in Western New York; he has a condo in Williamsville. Head coach Chan Gailey rents.

"Not one Realtor would be impacted by the Bills not being here," said Maureen Flavin, an agent who specializes in high-end properties and has represented several Buffalo Sabres and Bills clients over the past 20 years.

"So many of them rent, and the places they rent are highly desirable. I could rent those places out in my sleep. There are way more people who want to rent than places to rent."

I know Fitz, Freddie J, Leodis, Kelsay, and Barnett all own houses in Hamburg & OP.