Dating somebody from work

/dev/null

Dating somebody from work  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Dating somebody from work

• Good idea
    • Bad idea

My vote is bad idea - if something goes wrong, everything can go wrong.

But !@#$ it, do what you want. If you think there's a chance of it becoming very serious, go for it. I won't sit here and blame you.

Not one of those situations where you can clear it with HR?

Doesn't make it more enjoyable when it goes bad. How closely do you work with her is the real number 1 question. Either it's going to go bad and you won't want to see her or it will go great and you don't want 24/7.

Too many variables to make it into such a black or white question. I've dated girls from work, and even customers, with no negative influence on my career.

How large is your company? Do you often work together, or completely separate departments? How long have you known each other/How well do you know each other already? Could you see this turning into a real relationship?

And most importantly: need a pic :thumbsup:

Too many variables to make it into such a black or white question. I've dated girls from work, and even customers, with no negative influence on my career.

How large is your company? Do you often work together, or completely separate departments? How long have you known each other/How well do you know each other already? Could you see this turning into a real relationship?

And they say pimpin aint easy!

Got to answer these first before i can answer

Yes she's hot

No I won't post pics

I work with plenty of people who met their spouse at work. In some cases one left the company, in others they are both still working there. As long as neither one of you have direct supervision (or dotted line) over the other then I don't see any problem. Go for it.

I work with plenty of people who met their spouse at work. In some cases one left the company, in others they are both still working there. As long as neither one of you have direct supervision (or dotted line) over the other then I don't see any problem. Go for it.

problem: dating often goes wrong and has disasters galore in even the best intentioned situation. it can be hard enough to keep those stresses out of your work place when you dont work together (lack of focus for example during a tumultous time)... fact is MOST relationships dont end in marriage, and when they come apart, having that person in your workplace has a lot of potential to be toxic in your life. not only the fact that you cant just walk away, but the range of bad things that can happen becomes much more broad (effecting not just your home life but your income as well).

can it work? sure thing.

is it a smart idea to dive into? no.

bad ideas can end well on occasion though.

Edited by NoSaint

problem: dating often goes wrong and has disasters galore in even the best intentioned situation. it can be hard enough to keep those stresses out of your work place when you dont work together (lack of focus for example during a tumultous time)... fact is MOST relationships dont end in marriage, and when they come apart, having that person in your workplace has a lot of potential to be toxic in your life. not only the fact that you cant just walk away, but the range of bad things that can happen becomes much more broad (effecting not just your home life but your income as well).

You can live life expecting failure, but everyone who has had a successful or unsucessful workplace romance didn't go into them expecting it to fail. The question you have to ask yourself is 'is it worth it'? Only / and his unpictured other can decide that.

You can live life expecting failure, but everyone who has had a successful or unsucessful workplace romance didn't go into them expecting it to fail. The question you have to ask yourself is 'is it worth it'? Only / and his unpictured other can decide that.

or i can expect success outside the workplace?