Requesting Prayers for our little girl

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to let you folks know that our little girl was born yesterday (on her daddy's birthday no less). She's very sick and weighed 5 lbs. at birth. Whats more due to a whole slew of complications my wife risked her life to have a csection despite a vascular disorder that was discovered here this week that couldve caused her to bleed to death to give our daughter what little chance they gave her to survive delivery. She made it through the night and doing her best to hold on. The endovascular surgeons have an MRI scheduled for tomorrow and will coordinate treatment from there. This isnt how we drew it up to attack this already difficult disease, but we're definitely down 35-3 here and in need of a miracle. But as I write this she is just down the hall in the NICU holding her ground. Thank you again for your prayers and support.

Ye ole - I'm not clear by your post whether your wife is now doing OK? The part I bolded came after your sentence about your wife, although I think and hope it's only about your daughter..........And, I hope and pray that by now she's out of the woods, too.

First and foremost I want to thank everyone for the incredible support we've received from this community. As difficult as this is to type out right now, I want to update you on everything that has transpired as I know so many of you have shown such deep concern for us. Our little girl who we named Abigail Concepcion (Concepcion after her great grandmother), took her last breath late Sunday night with myself and her mamma holding her hand. Abigail was very strong and fought very hard, but the AVM in her brain was simply too much for her to overcome combined with coming so early into this world. They were never able to get her stable enough to get an MRI done and the life saving procedure we had come here to get for her. She was born on her daddy's birthday and spent most of Father's Day with me before she left. Perhaps, this fact alone is the cruelest of all and will forever leave a gaping hole in my heart.

Aside from the ultimate heartbreak of losing our daughter, my wife had a very difficult time. She is okay now, but doctors strongly suggested doing an emergency c-section because of a slew of complications found in my wife's vascular system that easily could've led to her bleeding to death. However, it was the only way to give our little girl any chance at all. With that in mind, I knew my wife being the mother she is, was going under the knife without a second thought. She did lose a lot of blood during surgery, and needed a transfusion but made it out okay considering all of the complications.

We've now begun the very difficult process of getting our little girl back home to Michigan to bury her next to her brother, who we lost 3 years ago. This is a process which has been made more complex and painful, because we are out of our home state and we've had to navigate the laws and regulations of NY to get this accomplished. We never thought we would have to go through such a heartbreaking experience again of planning our child's funeral, and while the pain is crippling we are blessed to have our 2 year old son with us, and I hope that as time goes on we will once again begin to find some happiness and joy in life. It has been an amazing blessing having such a wonderful group of friends and family here at TBD and I will forever owe you an unrelenting debt of gratitude for all you have done. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart and God Bless.

I am so sorry to hear this, Ye Ole. My prayers will definitely go out to your family....I'm sure it doesn't seem like it now, but you'll have good days ahead with your son. Your wife is a very brave and tough woman.

So sorry for your loss Cotton. You did everything you could to try and save her, hopefully you find some solace in that. Also on the days she was with you - your bday and fathers day - perhaps that was her way of thanking you by spending her limited time where it had most meaning to you; a gift of togetherness.