Requesting Prayers for our little girl

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I feel awful that I haven't caught a single bit of this until now. I drop by TBD for a few minutes every day, but I often don't get over here to OTW. I wish I had.

My deepest condolences. I'm amazed at how strong you've all been, I truly am.

My heart sank and my eyes teared up Cotton.

No words can express how sorry I am for you and your family.

My wife and I are expecting our first child and I can not imagine the heartbreak of losing a child.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and may God bless all of you.

I just wanted to drop in and tell you folks again how unbelievably grateful my family is to this community. We left New York last Wednesday night. We rented a car and I drove my wife, mother in law, and our little boy back home to Michigan. We literally left one hospital and went to our hospital here when we arrived Thursday afternoon so they could once again check my wife from the complications she had from surgery. Her incision actually opened up a day before we left New York, and they didn't want her to leave under normal circumstances, but being that we had to get home to bury our little girl, they were able to close it back up and have her get treatment immediately upon arriving home the next afternoon. Everything is okay with my wife now in a physical sense. We laid our precious Abigail to rest next to her brother last Friday. We had purchased 3 plots together, 3 years ago when we lost our first born, and had planned on mom and me being buried on either side of him one day, so the logistics of this horrible scenario weren't something we could've ever anticipated. However, the the cemetery allowed us under the circumstance to bury Abigail between us as well, which brought some small comfort.

It's been a long, difficult week, that was exacerbated by various complications and problems caused by the funeral home here in Michigan. We were very fortunate that the coordinating funeral home in Brooklyn was extremely professional and helpful and did most of the legwork to get Abigail home. For anyone who is in the city, the name of it is Evergreen Funeral Home, and it's run by Leslie Rago and her family. For anyone who is going through the passing of a loved one, I can't tell you how highly I recommend their services. They are as top notch as it gets. Our situation was incredibly complex in getting Abigail home and they were beyond fantastic in handling everything.

Needless to say, we've had many tear filled days and nights and comforting my wife who went through so much physically as well as emotionally has been difficult, but we are doing the best we can to adjust and move on while honoring our little Abigail's memory. One thing that has helped us a great deal is stopping in and reading all of the continued well wishes and support for us during this time. Again, I just can't tell you how much our extended family here at TBD has meant to us in this process. God bless you all, you are truly amazing people.

I just wanted to drop in and tell you folks again how unbelievably grateful my family is to this community. We left New York last Wednesday night. We rented a car and I drove my wife, mother in law, and our little boy back home to Michigan. We literally left one hospital and went to our hospital here when we arrived Thursday afternoon so they could once again check my wife from the complications she had from surgery. Her incision actually opened up a day before we left New York, and they didn't want her to leave under normal circumstances, but being that we had to get home to bury our little girl, they were able to close it back up and have her get treatment immediately upon arriving home the next afternoon. Everything is okay with my wife now in a physical sense. We laid our precious Abigail to rest next to her brother last Friday. We had purchased 3 plots together, 3 years ago when we lost our first born, and had planned on mom and me being buried on either side of him one day, so the logistics of this horrible scenario weren't something we could've ever anticipated. However, the the cemetery allowed us under the circumstance to bury Abigail between us as well, which brought some small comfort.

It's been a long, difficult week, that was exacerbated by various complications and problems caused by the funeral home here in Michigan. We were very fortunate that the coordinating funeral home in Brooklyn was extremely professional and helpful and did most of the legwork to get Abigail home. For anyone who is in the city, the name of it is Evergreen Funeral Home, and it's run by Leslie Rago and her family. For anyone who is going through the passing of a loved one, I can't tell you how highly I recommend their services. They are as top notch as it gets. Our situation was incredibly complex in getting Abigail home and they were beyond fantastic in handling everything.

Needless to say, we've had many tear filled days and nights and comforting my wife who went through so much physically as well as emotionally has been difficult, but we are doing the best we can to adjust and move on while honoring our little Abigail's memory. One thing that has helped us a great deal is stopping in and reading all of the continued well wishes and support for us during this time. Again, I just can't tell you how much our extended family here at TBD has meant to us in this process. God bless you all, you are truly amazing people.

I'm so sorry to read about your loss and ordeal. I will say prayers again for your family.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't heard from you in a while Ye Ole.

Hope you're hanging in there buddy!!! The Shoutbox is nothing but videos and tweets nowadays without you!

I am sure you are busy but if you get a chance check in and let us know you're around!

Edited by jboyst62