Bills/Toronto series extended 5 years

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:censored:

I knew something terrible was going to happen. This whole MArio Williams signing was just a media distraction while Russ Brandon sold our soul to Toronto, AGAIN! Would you like another glass of Purple Saurus-Russ, because we can't get enough kool aid around here. Everytime you think the team is trying to get better its just a smoke screen to disguise the real evil.

So F#$%ing done with this TEAM!!!

Edited by Jauronimo

:censored:

I knew something terrible was going to happen. This whole MArio Williams signing was just a media distraction while Russ Brandon sold our soul to Toronto, AGAIN! Would you like another glass of Purple Saurus-Russ, because we can't get enough kool aid around here. Everytime you think the team is trying to get better its just a smoke screen to disguise the real evil.

So F#$%ing done with this TEAM!!!

amazing

Im so done with this team!

Ralph is cheap!

Show me the baby!

Ground up in the freezer!

Kelsey Sucks!

Did i miss any?

ralph is cheap, how else do you explain forfeiting home field advantage for a money grab all in the name of "regionalizing" Securing the bills future in WNY", YEA RIGHT.

From 2013-17, the Bills will continue to play one of their eight annual regular-season home games at Toronto’s downtown domed stadium. Probably only one pre-season game will be part of the new contract, the source said.

Only 1 preseason game in the 5 years? That sucks.

Can't blame Mr. Wilson though. This means some big cha-ching in the old boys wallet and satisfies the teams international commitment!

Edited by CodeMonkey

Im so done with this team!

Ralph is cheap!

Show me the baby!

Ground up in the freezer!

Kelsey Sucks!

Did i miss any?

These:

a necessary evil to keep the Bills in Buffalo.

Whatever keeps them in Buffalo.

I understand what they are doing, hopefully it pays off

deal like this seems to imply pretty heavily the team will be in WNY in 5 years

And the best...

Beats a 30 year lease in Los Angeles.....Go Bills!!!

To all naysayers, I ask you to try this exercise:

Leave aside all emotional reactions as a fan, and put yourself in the cold, calculating shoes of the next owner of/investor in the franchise. Now ask yourself, does the Toronto Series make the WNY market a more or less economically feasible place to keep the franchise, long term?

I would submit that we really don't have the luxury of "liking" this deal or not. Instead, the key is to focus on the economic feasibility ramifications. Franchise investing is not just about making a profit, it's about making SUFFICIENT profit. If the Bills do not expand their market, investors will look to greener pastures. As much as Ralph is villified here, he's far more loyal to this area than another "highest bidder" investor group might be, with the intense pressures they'll be under to turn profits rather quickly.

Whether I like it or not, it's clearly a better plan to rely on the numbers working than have to rely on some unknown group's questionable loyalty to WNY. And I'd submit that leaving a franchise with a)an expanded market by virtue of having created an established pipeline into Canada's largest market and b) a modestly renovated stadium with minimal debt service to the team is a winning combination of numbers that bodes well for WNY into the future. Short of forcing the new owners to commit to Buffalo, Ralph could not have positioned the team any better for WNY.

Edited by BillnutinHouston

Leave aside all emotional reactions as a fan, and put yourself in the cold, calculating shoes of the next owner of/investor in the franchise. Now ask yourself, does the Toronto Series make the WNY market a more or less economically feasible place to keep the franchise, long term?

Good question. The answer was given in the article:

Bills season-ticket purchases by Ontarians had risen 44% after three years of the Bills-in-Toronto Series, Brandon said, and Canadians account for 15% of the club’s overall season-ticket sales — about 10,000 fans at Ralph Wilson Stadium on any given Sunday.