Bills/Toronto series extended 5 years

This is obviously an important strategic decision, he doesn't have to come to Buffalo for a press conference but a statement could be issued on his behalf. If they can't even do this you have to wonder how much he's in control.

The less he's in control the better, as far as I'm concerned.

This franchise's worst days have always been when Wilson has felt the need to leave his imprint on the team.

This offseason has been marked by excellent football decisions, aggressive moves, and the conspicuous public absence of Ralph Wilson.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Sir, you are most likely correct. But that is still a sellout. If the Bills are hot going down the stretch looking for a playoff spot and that game doesn't sell out one way or the other I will happily pay you $10

As someone who watches with his kids at home, a blackout free season sure sounds good to me :)

Also, I clearly didn't say who Ralph should sell to. In fact, I said the opposite--he should sell now to an entity that he is comfortable with (i.e. won't move the team). Step closer to your monitor.

I'm reassured to see that the bottom line principle for you is Ralph selling to who HE'S comfortable with. So, if Ralph happens to be comfortable selling to a group who wants to move the team, he "should" be allowed to sell it to them. Correct?

If I'm misstating your position, then please explain how you or anyone outside of his immediate family have the standing to say what Ralph "should" do.

At best, I can only see pre-Toronto series season ticket holders being pissed about losing that game. But you have the option of going to see it in Toronto (at least 4,500 Torontonians do it every weekend) or watching it in the comfort of your home, since it's never blacked-out.

title should say bills/toronto series "EXPECTED" to extend 5 years.

The NFL’s International Committee on Tuesday morning in Atlanta approved the Bills’ intention to extend its deal with the Rogers Centre, as we first reported here earlier this afternoon.

While a final agreement has not yet been reached between the Bills and Rogers Media, the source said the term will be for five years, the two sides are “very close,” and “you can probably expect an announcement in the coming weeks.”

REGIONALIZATION is the key to keeping the name "BUFFALO" in front of BILLS.

with the important exception of losing the home field advantage of crowd noise to what is essentially a nuetral site, this is all good. besides, based on my +25 years of going to games, prior to the installation of the so called dogout suites in the top of the lower bowl, the crowd noise at 80,000 was deafening. now at 72,000 it is just loud. while december games are a wimper. folks should embrace our friends from southern ontario, rochester, erie pa etc....

with toronto and regionalization we are the 4th largest NFL market.

without regionalization we will be the 2nd largest NFL market... when the bills relocate to L.A.

I'm reassured to see that the bottom line principle for you is Ralph selling to who HE'S comfortable with. So, if Ralph happens to be comfortable selling to a group who wants to move the team, he "should" be allowed to sell it to them. Correct?

If I'm misstating your position, then please explain how you or anyone outside of his immediate family have the standing to say what Ralph "should" do.

I was up all night trying to think of how to state my position a different way. I couldn't.

But to answer your question--yes, of course. If Ralph "is comfortable" selling it to a guy who tells him for certain the team will be moved, then that is his right. But it destroys your premise that he is interested in keeping the team in Buffalo for the fans and is not all about the money. My position, like yours, was assuming he wasn't trying to screw the fans. And if that is true, he should sell the team now to someone who shares his belief that the Bills should stay in Buffalo.

I'm not sure what you're not getting here.

I call serious bullsh... Not a chance this is true.

They are rapidly evolving, losing their accent and generally nice demeanor to walk amongst us more effectively. I, for one, welcome our new Canadian overlords!

Seriously, better we give one game a year to the hosers than eight to the posers in LA

I'd like to see the details of this extension, because if it is true that the money for Ralph is smaller and therefore the ticket prices go down, maybe a late game inside a dome on a pissy day at a reasonable price won't seem all that bad to those attending.

Everything depends on those ticket prices.

Wait so does this guarantee that the Bills are in Buffalo for at least another 5 years!??!?! WOOHOO! Great news. I went to the game last year in Toronto against the RedSkins where we beat them 23-0. The atmosphere was pretty good, outside after the game there were bands playing and everyone was cheering for the Bills. It was a great time! Making more fans of our team up north! =)

Edited by Awwufelloff

So many of you are cool with the fact that we (well I really don't that much anymore) follow a team that is contractually required to play one game of eight in another city. While every other team in the NFL gets ALL their games played in their stadium you folks (season ticket holders) have to have a passport to travel to another country to see one "home" game every year. Wow.......

So many of you are cool with the fact that we (well I really don't that much anymore) follow a team that is contractually required to play one game of eight in another city. While every other team in the NFL gets ALL their games played in their stadium you folks (season ticket holders) have to have a passport to travel to another country to see one "home" game every year. Wow.......

Not every other team. Tampa Bay will be playing one home game a season in London, England. Nice rant, tho.

PTR

Not every other team. Tampa Bay will be playing one home game a season in London, England. Nice rant, tho.

PTR

Ok so the Bills are not the only laughing stock of the league they have company. But you know as you say whatever keeps them in Buffalo.

Hey let me ask you, would you let your neighbor sleep with your wife once a year to keep her from leaving you?

BTW I can't fnd any information regarding the Bucs playing in London. As a matter of fact I checked their schedule and......nope no London regular season games this year.

Edited by Chef Jim

Ok so the Bills are not the only laughing stock of the league they have company. But you know as you say whatever keeps them in Buffalo.

Hey let me ask you, would you let your neighbor sleep with your wife once a year to keep her from leaving you?

Well if you insist on such an analogy...

If you are some homely guy but somehow you have this supermodel wife, and for 364 days out of the year you can bang your supermodel wife, and you are a member of the ultra-exclusive "I have a supermodel wife" club, a club so exclusive that only 31 other dudes can belong, and one day your supermodel wife says to you "Honey, I love you and will stay with you forever if you let me do Sergio the aerobics instructor once a year", plus Sergio would pay you $11 million every time he does your wife, would you let her?

Only if I can watch. :devil:

BTW I can't fnd any information regarding the Bucs playing in London. As a matter of fact I checked their schedule and......nope no London regular season games this year.

My bad. It's the Rams, not the Bucs.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Well if you insist on such an analogy...

If you are some homely guy but somehow you have this supermodel wife, and for 364 days out of the year you can bang your supermodel wife, and you are a member of the ultra-exclusive "I have a supermodel wife" club, a club so exclusive that only 31 other dudes can belong, and one day your supermodel wife says to you "Honey, I love you and will stay with you forever if you let me do Sergio the aerobics instructor once a year", plus Sergio would pay you $11 million every time he does your wife, would you let her?

Only if I can watch. :devil:

My bad. It's the Rams, not the Bucs.

PTR

Make it $12 million and we can talk

Ok I did see some things about the Rams re London.

Regardless if I were a season ticket holder I would be pissed.