UPDATE: QB Vince Young Signs With Buffalo Bills

Ummm... the Wildcat was never designed to fool anyone. It was designed to get one extra blocker against the defense, to give the advantage to the run blockers.

And Brad Smith can throw the ball, and throw it well. Gailey was actually surprised at how well he could throw when the practices started, and said so, which is one of the reasons why they decided to not even keep a #3 QB on the practice squad most of the year, let alone the active roster.

+1

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Prove my points with these 3 :thumbsup:

An All-time list though Blue? Lots of 1 year players on there and like all programs their share of busts.

From what I recall the Mike Williams/Vince Young era of Texas football contributed nothing when it came to offense and that more of the point I was going for and didn't clearly articulate it.

Easiest Copy/Paste list that I saw. And there have been plenty that have contributed quite a bit from that era, check out that list.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7919307/sources-qb-vince-young-gets-1-year-deal-bills'>http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7919307/sources-qb-vince-young-gets-1-year-deal-bills

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7919307/sources-qb-vince-young-gets-1-year-deal-bills

Always liked this guy, Has a winning record, Was awesome at texas. Maybe he finally grows up. Plus I would rather go with VY than Thigpen.

If Fitz gets hurt, or just needs to be relieved, this is an upgrade, than what the Bills have. Wow what an offseason.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7919307/sources-qb-vince-young-gets-1-year-deal-bills

Always liked this guy, Has a winning record, Was awesome at texas. Maybe he finally grows up. Plus I would rather go with VY than Thigpen.

If Fitz gets hurt, or just needs to be relieved, this is an upgrade, than what the Bills have. Wow what an offseason.

Long time ago.

I'm curious if no other team wanted VY or have the Bills become a team players choose to play for? Or does Vince think he can take down Fitz in camp?

PTR

I think it's a combination of all three.

However, I don't think he'll get a fair shake in camp to beat out Fitz. VY's hope probably lies (or should lie) in the idea if Fitz goes down, he can play well enough to keep Fitz off the field once he returns from injury.

The Bills have been making steadily increasing noise about being a contender - that has to play into VY's decision.

As far as no one wanting him, I think it boils down to two main questions: Does the coach think he has the ability to harness the talent, or is the coach worried about the potential for off field distraction?

In regard to the Bills, and I've said it before, the locker room and atmosphere seem too tight-knit and confident to be disrupted by one bad egg. If anything, the classy crew that's been assembled in Orchard Park should help VY mature and become a true team player. If VY becomes a distraction- it's "Sayonara, sucka!"

Edited by uncle flap

Vince's biggest problems have been mental rather than physical: poor leadership, inability to get along with some of his coaches, erratic behavior, etc.

If he's finally grown up, he could be a nice addition. Obviously, Nix and Gailey saw some change in him; otherwise they wouldn't have offered him a contract.

So what's your point? Would you rather have Thigpen as your backup...because Fitz with damaged ribs was a better option then Thigpen last year.

my point is that signing young was a good move. i was answeing a poster that said the signing wasn't important. :doh:

I like the signing, much more upside than downside, if he doesn't behave, he's gone. I think he must realize he is running out of NFL opportunities.

But when I think of Vince Young, I just remember back a few years ago when he pretty much singlehandidly beat the Bills with his running and throwing.

I'm curious if no other team wanted VY or have the Bills become a team players choose to play for? Or does Vince think he can take down Fitz in camp?

PTR

He has to figure the Bills are his best chance to be a starter. Plus it's only a one year deal for $2 mil I believe. Its a deal that makes sense to both sides which is always the best kind.

Exactly! I'll take my chances with Thigpen as the backup rather than this idiot.

Thigpen was on the team last season, so we already took our chance with him. Apparently, the coaches didn't like what they saw last season.