UPDATE: QB Vince Young Signs With Buffalo Bills

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Was never a fan of VY's, but I like him as out backup. The 1-year deal solidifies his backup status.

Side note that Im not sure has been mentioned here... The Bills now have the #1 and #3 overall picks from the 2006 draft on their roster. Stockpiling talent for sure.

No matter what, though, I like the fact it sends a message that the Bills are being aggressive about adding talent (we can debate that in Young's case) to the rest of the league and says they are in "win now" mode.

It's sure to get them some airtime with the national talking heads, if nothing else...

Absolutely agree with this...it is a one year "test the water" agreement. If Vincent throws a hissy fit he will be out on his butt. If he proves his immaturity is behind him he will have a future.

How fast can we ride his azz out of town?

/sarcasm

But in reality, hate this move. Just when I thought the Bills were done dealing with headcases ...

Reserving judgment.

Please, please, please fans: Do not call for Young to start as soon as Fitz hits a skid. Can I get an amen on this? Fitz, like most QBs, will have a skid.

I can't take another Flutie-Johnson debacle. This would be black Flutie and smart Johnson this time, but potentially worse because VY is a first-rounder.

Reserving judgment.

Please, please, please fans: Do not call for Young to start as soon as Fitz hits a skid. Can I get an amen on this? Fitz, like most QBs, will have a skid.

I can't take another Flutie-Johnson debacle. This would be black Flutie and smart Johnson this time, but potentially worse because VY is a first-rounder.

On second thought, Fitz is more like Flutie and Young, Johnson.

Interesting considering Vince and Mario were the hotly debated "who should be the 1st pick in the draft for the Texans?" back in 2006 .

I love this tidbit. We get both players the texans wanted as the first over all pick AND we have the 3 best "no-name" players in Fitz, johnson and fredex. Our re-buiding is going to bring us up to the stars.

With that being said I like the vince young pick. If anybody can fix him gailey can and he has to know this is his last stop on the gravy train, time to put up or get off the tracks aka: T.O. He has the potential and we are going to be the team to get it out of him and finally send thigpen packing. If not, one year contract. I liked the T.O experiment and I like the "can we make vince young into steve young" experiment also. Love all the moves and the direction we are going.

GO BILLS!!!

Reserving judgment.

On second thought, Fitz is more like Flutie and Young, Johnson.

IMO this is nothing like Flutie/Johnson, and anyone who you see calling for Young to start merely outs themselves as an idiot, loudmouth fan who knows nothing about the team. Not worried about a fan-perceived "controversy", Buddy is way smarter than all of them.

Go Bills! :thumbsup:

I love this tidbit. We get both players the texans wanted as the first over all pick AND we have the 3 best "no-name" players in Fitz, johnson and fredex. Our re-buiding is going to bring us up to the stars.

With that being said I like the vince young pick. If anybody can fix him gailey can and he has to know this is his last stop on the gravy train, time to put up or get off the tracks

Why do people automatically assume Gailey can "fix" Young?

Gailey has shown he can deal limited physical talent, not limited mental talent.

In short, you can't "fix stupid".

Gailey has shown he can deal limited physical talent, not limited mental talent.

Luckily it's a one year deal then, huh?

It's almost a no risk move, imo.

"Stupid is as stupid does. I does some stupid things."

- Vince Young

JK, I really have no idea whether he's smart or stupid--just that he caused all sorts of serious issues for Tenn. I hope he's zip-lipped, and full of a What can I do to help attitude.

I'm having a hard time caring about this one. I just don't expect this one to help or hurt us one bit.

If everything goes ideally, you will be correct. We shouldnt need the backup QB. It's just a good insurance policy if we ever do.