UPDATE: QB Vince Young Signs With Buffalo Bills

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, he posted at 9:20am yesterday so if there is a 1:30 presser today is his credibility shot?

Honestly. Right now I'd say it's shot if he doesn't get signed by the end of the day. However in the long run if he signed within the next 48 hrs I'd still give him credit. He still knew if that was the case and the Bills just needed to work out details IMO.

Well, he posted at 9:20am yesterday so if there is a 1:30 presser today is his credibility shot?

Well kabnt2005 came back again, and commeted on the post about his credibility and has since deleted it. It was up for mere minutes, don't know if anyone else saw it. Basically saying its still a done deal and that his time frame might not be acurate in that it will be another 24 hours. Don't know why he deleted it.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Well kabnt2005 came back again, and commeted on the post about his credibility and has since deleted it. It was up for mere minutes, don't know if anyone else saw it. Basically saying its still a done deal and that his time frame might not be acurate in that it will be another 24 hours. Don't know why he deleted it.

It all depends if he drives a BMW or not ;-)

I can back you up on that, I did see it as well. The fact that he took it down almost immediately makes me question the source that much more.

I hope he's credible, but I don't like how it's looking.

I can back you up on that, I did see it as well. The fact that he took it down almost immediately makes me question the source that much more.

I hope he's credible, but I don't like how it's looking.

Ohh boy. Get ready to BAN HIM! Now my credibility is shot because based on the info and assurances from kabnt2005 I already welcomed Vince Young to Buffalo. :angry:

I seriously hope the Bills don't sign VY. Sorry guys, but I don't think this is going to be a good thing.

Im with you on this. I dont doubt hes a better player that Thigpen but I worry about if hell prepare to be the starter each week as the backup. Im not sure he always did that in Tenn and thats why Fisher couldnt get along with him

Smith 4.4 YPC. Although I don't know if thats all completely Wild Cat related, but still not bad for a QB/WR/RB/KR.

To be fair, that was his lowest average since being a pro.

In 2010, that average was 7.9 and in 2009 that average was 11.8 YPC. My guess is with the shortened off season Chan wasn't really able to design many plays for Smith. It was apparent because most of his plays were a shot gun snap and take it up the middle type play.

And what % of wildcat plays resulted in 1st down and how does does that compare to the 1st down % of traditional plays. I believe the wildcat % will be significantly better. If so, it could be argued that , as used by Buffalo, the wildcat is an effective tool.

And what % of wildcat plays resulted in 1st down and how does does that compare to the 1st down % of traditional plays. I believe the wildcat % will be significantly better. If so, it could be argued that , as used by Buffalo, the wildcat is an effective tool.

You'd have to go very deep into that and figure our the numbers for 3rd and shorts plays for both catagories. Of course the % of wildcat first downs will be higher because most rushing plays are on 1st and 2nd downs and usually are not in short yardage. So you will have to do the work on that because I am not even going to think about it.

I don't argue that Wildcat plays dont work at all. They clearly pick up 2-4 yards consistantly. That's not the argument. RBs also get those types of yards. At the same time there is a possibility of a real pass okay and play action when a RB is in the game vs when a wildcat QB is in almost every one on the planet knows it's going to be a run, usually up the middle for barely enough for a 1st down. And the 2nd argument is that you don't have to pay a player $4mil a year to rush for 200 yards in a season, catch less than 30 passes and be the worst returner we've had since before McGee was our full time guy.

You'd have to go very deep into that and figure our the numbers for 3rd and shorts plays for both catagories. Of course the % of wildcat first downs will be higher because most rushing plays are on 1st and 2nd downs and usually are not in short yardage. So you will have to do the work on that because I am not even going to think about it.

I don't argue that Wildcat plays dont work at all. They clearly pick up 2-4 yards consistantly. That's not the argument. RBs also get those types of yards. At the same time there is a possibility of a real pass okay and play action when a RB is in the game vs when a wildcat QB is in almost every one on the planet knows it's going to be a run, usually up the middle for barely enough for a 1st down. And the 2nd argument is that you don't have to pay a player $4mil a year to rush for 200 yards in a season, catch less than 30 passes and be the worst returner we've had since before McGee was our full time guy.

I have NFL game rewind. Ill go look it up and see how many times we used it, how many 1st downs, yards ect and get back to you

I have NFL game rewind. Ill go look it up and see how many times we used it, how many 1st downs, yards ect and get back to you

Like I said. I don't deny it works and doesn't get 1st downs. I just argue the point that any RB i'm the league is very capable of picking up 2 yards for a first down. Just as capable as any wildcat QB.

I deleted it because I was told by my source to keep my head down on it. Take that for what it's worth, but I wouldn't be told that if I was making **** up.

Patience is a virtue. If you really want to know the details, you can PM me. But I was told to stay low on this out in public forums.

Edited by kabnt2005

Like I said. I don't deny it works and doesn't get 1st downs. I just argue the point that any RB i'm the league is very capable of picking up 2 yards for a first down. Just as capable as any wildcat QB.

Averaging 4.4 yards per carry when everyone knows you are going to run, and half the plays in a short yardage situation is significantly better than 5.5 and 5.3 yards per carry (from Freddy and Spiller) when teams are expecting you to pass most of the time (or at least in a pass defense because of the spread formation).

Besides, for several reasons, Gailey couldn't use or utilize the Wildcat the way he wanted to, and very likely will this season.

my gut says that the wildcat, though not as exciting as its initial introduction, in the right spots can be more effective for a short yardage play.

additionally, it adds an extra wrinkle - one that i think takes the defense more time to prepare against, than the offense to install. just having one or two plays ready on offense means that the defense has to be ready for a full extra package.

Averaging 4.4 yards per carry when everyone knows you are going to run, and half the plays in a short yardage situation is significantly better than 5.5 and 5.3 yards per carry (from Freddy and Spiller) when teams are expecting you to pass most of the time (or at least in a pass defense because of the spread formation).

Besides, for several reasons, Gailey couldn't use or utilize the Wildcat the way he wanted to, and very likely will this season.

i agree.

id be curious to see the rush averages out of power sets. it seemed a lot of the average was a result of running in space with the spread, not power running and dictating to defenses.

Im with you on this. I dont doubt hes a better player that Thigpen but I worry about if hell prepare to be the starter each week as the backup. Im not sure he always did that in Tenn and thats why Fisher couldnt get along with him

fisher didnt seem to like him before he was drafted. i think it had a lot more to do with something going on between fisher and adams, than fisher and young in regards to where the relationship with his qb soured. young didnt help, but he certainly looked like he could have used a more supportive situation.