Burfict Watch

I got a feeling Baltimore will pick him in the 4th with their comp pick.

Ray Lewis will probably make a similar phone call.

Ravens love mean athletic LBs. Lewis can pull him in under his wing. Not sure about Barnett, maybe.

I'll take a flyer in the 6th on him. A lot of talent to look past and a 7th you don't expect to make the team anyways

I would love if Bills take him in the 3rd or 4th. He would the mean and nasty that is missing from our linebackers. I was man crushing on the Kuelchy guy and bummed he went but this Burfict is bad ass and will make up for that. People can talk character all they want but Suh is a prime example how important it is to have mean on D. We need to strike fear in our opponents hearts and get that reputation rather than be AFC welcoming mats. Ppl will pretend that Stevie was outta line w his antics but the upper brass knows that it was swag confidence that he was displaying in a very cruel violent game. So i want some of that on defense. We shudda never let Incognito go either lol. Our gentlemen days need to be over. We dont need rotary club guys.Plus we all love the sleeper value. MAKE BURFICT A BILL!

It is hilarious how so many board experts wanted him in the first. Every team has passed on him, what, 3 times now? He has potential, he has ability, but he is as likely another Maybin as he is...well, another Maybin.

Just tracking an interesting player that can go at any pick from here on in.....or not at all.

What do you think?

I got Arizona at 151

I think he'll be undrafted, myself. But the Stillers might take him.

It is hilarious how so many board experts wanted him in the first. Every team has passed on him, what, 3 times now? He has potential, he has ability, but he is as likely another Maybin as he is...well, another Maybin.

Rarely disagree with you, but do here. Apples and Oranges comparison.

No one has questioned Maybin's willingness to work hard, and I never heard of him goofing off, getting into trouble, or having problems governing his temper.

The problem with Maybin is that we drafted a situational speed pass rusher expecting him to be an all-around DE or OLB, when he was clearly undersized and lacked those skills.

Burfict, on the other hand, clearly has the skills, it's his willingness to work hard, show team-spirit, govern his temper, and stay out of trouble that's the question.

I think he'll be undrafted, myself. But the Stillers might take him.

No one has questioned Maybin's willingness to work hard, and I never heard of him goofing off, getting into trouble, or having problems governing his temper.

The problem with Maybin is that we drafted a situational speed pass rusher expecting him to be an all-around DE or OLB, when he was clearly undersized and lacked those skills.

Burfict, on the other hand, clearly has the skills, it's his willingness to work hard, show team-spirit, govern his temper, and stay out of trouble that's the question.

Having seen him play several times personally, I think your undrafted prediction might be on the mark. The hype doesn't match what I saw, but others can have their own opinions... ;)

Burfict showed his colors in the last game of the year at ASU when he sat and sulked with a towel over his head after playing horribly, forcing his biggest proponent, Dennis Erickson, to sit him out. He has talent and had some immense hits in his career, but he is known as a headcase. All that being said, I have read a few pieces stating that he is working to change his attitude, dedicating himself to training and working with the right people to change the way he approaches the game and life. I'd take a flyer in the 7th, but no way I'd use a pick any earlier than that.

I would love if Bills take him in the 3rd or 4th. He would the mean and nasty that is missing from our linebackers. I was man crushing on the Kuelchy guy and bummed he went but this Burfict is bad ass and will make up for that. People can talk character all they want but Suh is a prime example how important it is to have mean on D. We need to strike fear in our opponents hearts and get that reputation rather than be AFC welcoming mats. Ppl will pretend that Stevie was outta line w his antics but the upper brass knows that it was swag confidence that he was displaying in a very cruel violent game. So i want some of that on defense. We shudda never let Incognito go either lol. Our gentlemen days need to be over. We dont need rotary club guys.Plus we all love the sleeper value. MAKE BURFICT A BILL!

How would we draft him in the 3rd round it was yesterday?

Apples and oranges maybe on who the player is but what the player is capable of is the same. Maybin's biggest argument was that he was young and developing those tools, his upside was way too high to no fall in love with him. He'd pack on the pounds, he'd get bigger, stronger and more able bodied. He had to overcome something to be the player that he should have become.

Burfict is the exact same thing; an uphill battle. Off the field is not relevant to what he is on the field. Maybin had to overcome his size, Burfict his temper. Maybin develop his skillset, Burfict his demeanor and work habit.

Both players will likely never meet their expectations because so many expected so much of them and so many expected so little; liekly both of them will fall somewhere between the middle. Maybin could very well be a Todd Collins career type player, or more relevant, Jim Jeffcoat.

Amazing....a one-time mid-late first round lock

Has there ever been a bigger fall from grace?

The QB Snead who left early thinking he was a 1st rounder (thanks to Todd McShay) and didn't get drafted.

And I agree. I won't spend a draft pick on VB. I guess I'd sign him as an UDFA but I'm not 100% sure on that. He is bad news.

He was never a first round talent to begin with...If he didn't have all that baggage he was a mid-round pick. I watched a ton of Pac-12 games and he was a big highlight reel hitter and that's about it. Just because his highlights make it onto sports center doesn't mean he's worth a damn.

Throw his personality issues into the mix and i think a late round pick is just about right.

Udfa bengals. What a fitting end. Let's See the mentoring begin.

Either he had zero options, or he just doesn't get that he needs to find somewhere boring to be and hone his craft with strong mentors and hard workers. That front 7 is about the worst group I could see him running with. Not to mention some of the drug issues that locker room has seen coupled with his own.

Edited by NoSaint

You guys know he failed his drug test at the combine, righf?

I didn't actually. I made my "undrafted" prediction based entirely on his behavior on and off the field.

That being the case, it's really too bad for him that he went to the Bengals. Not exactly a clean nurturing environment.

Edited by Hopeful

Udfa bengals. What a fitting end. Let's See the mentoring begin.

Either he had zero options, or he just doesn't get that he needs to find somewhere boring to be and hone his craft with strong mentors and hard workers. That front 7 is about the worst group I could see him running with. Not to mention some of the drug issues that locker room has seen coupled with his own.

Yeah, they'll be a great calming influence on the kid... :lol:

I didn't actually. I made my "undrafted" prediction based entirely on his behavior on and off the field.

That being the case, it's really too bad for him that he went to the Bengals. Not exactly a clean nurturing environment.

JayRon Hosley flunked the drug test as well. He got drafted in the 3rd.

Burfict had an extraordinary flame out. On field problems, off field problems, terrible combine, carcinogenic interviews... the Bengals might've been the only team that called.

He was never a first round talent to begin with...If he didn't have all that baggage he was a mid-round pick. I watched a ton of Pac-12 games and he was a big highlight reel hitter and that's about it. Just because his highlights make it onto sports center doesn't mean he's worth a damn.

Throw his personality issues into the mix and i think a late round pick is just about right.

The worst thing to happen to Burfict was Erickson. Erickson is one of the worst coaches I've ever seen that keeps getting HC gigs. I'm an ASU grad and these few seasons under Erickson were painful with some of the stupidest, most undisciplined football I've seen at any level. While Erickson was Burfict's biggest proponent I think he was also his biggest enabler. I don't see much more than a group of enablers in Cincinattica so he will probably be out of the league in a year.

Edited by SACTOBILLSFAN

The worst thing to happen to Burfict was Erickson. Erickson is one of the worst coaches I've ever seen that keeps getting HC gigs. I'm an ASU grad and these few seasons under Erickson were painful with some of the stupidest, most undisciplined football I've seen at any level. While Erickson was Burfict's biggest proponent I think he was also his biggest enabler. I don't see much more than a group of enablers in Cincinattica so he will probably be out of the league in a year.

Must agree here. Erickson seems to care way more about himself than his players. This is going way back to the hurricane days.

There were high hopes for Skooby when he first registered to our board but he flamed out rather spectacularly.

I disagree. Skooby was a real dog. I never liked his pedigree...

Edited by ExWNYer

Think he might have meant one-time top draft prospects who went undrafted

Leaf and Russell would fall into the related, but different category of "one-time top first round draft picks who flamed out"

Yes, correct....

Leaf is probably the biggest draft BUST of all time.

Burfict could be the biggest pre-draft swoon of all time.