Mayock vid of Glenn getting beat wasn't Glenn

Sorry if this was posted already. I didn't see it anywhere here. Read it elsewhere.

When Mayock broke down Glenn right after the selection, he showed two clips from Senior Bowl practices. The first was supposedly Glenn getting smoked to the inside. Except it wasn't Glenn (#71), it was Jeff Allen from Illinois (#72). The next clip of textbook balance and anchoring was actually Glenn.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/profiles/cordy-glenn?id=2532849

(Click on the first video link of Phil Hansen reading the selection - Mayock is right after that.)

Edited by Last Guy on the Bench

Sorry if this was posted already. I didn't see it anywhere here. Read it elsewhere.

When Mayock broke down Glenn right after the selection, he showed two clips from Senior Bowl practices. The first was supposedly Glenn gettings smoked to the inside. Except it wasn't Glenn (#71), it was Jeff Allen from Illinois (#72). The next clip of textbook balance and anchoring was actually Glenn.

(Click on the first video link of Phil Hansen reading the selection - Mayock is right after that.)

Wow, you're right. That's surprisingly amateurish.

When Mayock broke down Glenn right after the selection, he showed two clips from Senior Bowl practices. The first was supposedly Glenn gettings smoked to the inside. Except it wasn't Glenn (#71), it was Jeff Allen from Illinois (#72). The next clip of textbook balance and anchoring was actually Glenn.

http://www.nfl.com/d...lenn?id=2532849

Wow I can't believe no one noticed that before. What's even better is that the people that don't like the Glenn pick (albeit a small portion of people) are using that video as a reason why the pick was bad. Good find!

Good job Last Guy! I feel better.

I didn't care about the clip even when I thought it was Glenn. Positional drills are artificial evaluations. The inside move the DE took would have in all likelihood been nullified by the LG in a real situation. But knowing that Mayock/NFLN screwed up just goes to show that these guys are far from infallible and may have been studying the wrong stuff about some of them.

BTW, this thread should be pinned.

Nice quality control eagle eye. What makes it worse is Allen is standing right next to glenn while correct technique is demonstrated. Glad someone is paying attention, the pros aren't!

Nice quality control eagle eye. What makes it worse is Allen is standing right next to glenn while correct technique is demonstrated. Glad someone is paying attention, the pros aren't!

Not my eagle eye. Wouldn't have noticed that myself in a million years. Just read it on another site and thought it was worth passing along.

When Mayock broke down Glenn right after the selection, he showed two clips from Senior Bowl practices. The first was supposedly Glenn getting smoked to the inside. Except it wasn't Glenn (#71), it was Jeff Allen from Illinois (#72). The next clip of textbook balance and anchoring was actually Glenn.

Now that is some impressive film review, strong work!!!

I use to hate one on one drills like that. As a tackle or any o lineman you are at a great disadvantage when the defender knows he has only one task. That being said good catch, and nice to see Glenn held his own.

Personally i think he shed's 15-20 lbs by training camp and we got ourselves a LT that will be a stud for years.

Wow! :lol:

Nice catch...can't believe I did not see that... :thumbsup:

I wonder if he'll admit the error on the air today?

Unless he reads this thread in this forum, I doubt he'd even be aware of it.

Maybe somebody should tweet him about it.

GO BILLS!!!

IMO, the life cycle of celebrityhood is starting to kick in with Mayock:

Phase 1: No-name video junkie who spends hours in the film room (see Buchsbaum, Joel) breaking down players and developing expetise.

Phase 2: The up-and-coming guy who people realize is really, really knowlegeable

Phase 3: The guy whose evaluation everybody wants to read

Phase 4: The over-extended media "talent" that seems to be everywhere (that NFLN masters of ceremony mock draft gig he did was a hoot)

Phase 5: The "hey, remember when he was good" phase, which is starting to kick in now, IMO

Phase 6: The "Oh, him again?" stage

Phase 7: "Who?"

I use to hate one on one drills like that. As a tackle or any o lineman you are at a great disadvantage when the defender knows he has only one task. That being said good catch, and nice to see Glenn held his own.

Personally i think he shed's 15-20 lbs by training camp and we got ourselves a LT that will be a stud for years.

15 to 20 pounds! That'll put him at at 330-335 pounds....he'll get bullied at that light weight! Really, I think you have it right on that. Tough to bull rush a 335 pound beast like Glenn.

I think this kid has got the stuff to be a tremendous LT. He's huge but agile and has 6-feet of arms to push speed rushers off trajectory. We are going to have a huge and nasty O'line for years to come

This should be entertaining.

@twobillsdrive: @mikemayock1 don't use video of some other guy when criticizing Cordy Glenn. Glenn is 71 not 72. We await your apology.

He's not much of a tweeter. I don't expect a reply.

15 to 20 pounds! That'll put him at at 330-335 pounds....he'll get bullied at that light weight! Really, I think you have it right on that. Tough to bull rush a 335 pound beast like Glenn.

I think this kid has got the stuff to be a tremendous LT. He's huge but agile and has 6-feet of arms to push speed rushers off trajectory. We are going to have a huge and nasty O'line for years to come

And somewhere Bill in New York City takes a drag from his cigarette and smiles comfortably at that thought.

GO BILLS!!!

@twobillsdrive: @mikemayock1 don't use video of some other guy when criticizing Cordy Glenn. Glenn is 71 not 72. We await your apology.

Just tweeted Rich Eisen on it. He is a very active tweeter, so wouldn't be surprised to see it mentioned.

I don't believe Mayock is on twitter. He's publicly stated he'll never join twitter...Probably a fake Mayock.

Mayock also called out Glenn for "not wanting to sit there all day" when the Giants took Rueben Randle. Which I didn't understand, because it seemed like most of the picks through rounds 2 and 3 weren't in attendance. Why single out Glenn? You already showed a fake video clip and now you're gonna insinuate that our guy is fat or lazy??