RD 3, Pick #69: WR TJ Graham - NC State

SDS

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way this works is if Easley or Jones becomes a viable #2. They needed a big fast #2 to stretch the field and be a threat. This is obviously the Roscoe replacement but it doesn't fill the #2 hole.

Obviously they love the guy. But he won't play outside and Nelson is very good in the slot. If Easley comes up then this could be awesome. But we haven't at all filled the need for a #2 WR.

The thing is, after Randle was taken, there really wasn't one left to take that wasn't a huge ?

If Easley, jones or even Hagan can be an outside threat. We'll be fine.

Doubt it, but I look forward to hearing the explanation. Like maybe the draft is too long anyway.

In the presser, Buddy said they moved up because they weren't sure he'd make it through the next couple of picks before we would have picked. He said thry didn't want to get that close and not get him. Take it for what it's worth but that's straight from the GM.

The only way this works is if Easley or Jones becomes a viable #2. They needed a big fast #2 to stretch the field and be a threat. This is obviously the Roscoe replacement but it doesn't fill the #2 hole.

Obviously they love the guy. But he won't play outside and Nelson is very good in the slot. If Easley comes up then this could be awesome. But we haven't at all filled the need for a #2 WR.

The thing is, after Randle was taken, there really wasn't one left to take that wasn't a huge ?

Tweet from the Bills:

buffalobills Nix on trading up: "the worry was that (Graham) would'nt be there" Gailey: "we see him as an outside guy. He can run by most everybody

Not True you have everyone's favorite Mohammad Sanu and Marvin Jones from Cal. that had a great Senior bowl .

I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. He has no shortage of speed or athletic ability necessary for the position and has improved every year. Given their lack of speed at the position and the need for the skillset Roscoe Parrish brought to the offense and return units, I think it makes sense.

I think most of the complaints are coming from people who expected them to draft a bigger possession receiver before they'd draft a speed receiver.

He was drafted for what he does after about the 2 minute mark of this video. I can live with this pick.

The interesting thing is that's the kind of quick out this Bills offense likes to run. Which makes him an interesting fit.

I still have a hard time believing he was the best receiver available at that spot, though. :wacko:

Correct me if I'm wrong but Sanu is still falling, isn't he? :unsure:

Edit: Cincinnati just took him. But still isn't that a lot lower than most "experts" had him going?

Edited by The New Beast of the East

I'm a huge Sean Spence fan. He had a bum shoulder at the combine and had a crap bench. Bottom line is the dude is an unbelievable player with off the chart instincts and speed. Makes a ton of tackle TFLs. Best player at the U in 5 years.

I'd have been fine with that; or even with Demario Davis.

Wouldn't have cried about Massie or that Sanu kid either.

This one had some weird attached to it.

All the negativity about picking graham, and that the Bills used a seventh rounder to move up... you guys kill me. I mean, come on! We know buddy doesn't like trading away picks, so clearly there must have been a reason. As far as the pick itself... seen the guy play live twice. He can FLY and the Bills really need that. It's funny though how so many of you have a negative opinion of him because some "expert" had him ranked for selection in another round.

Not True you have everyone's favorite Mohammad Sanu and Marvin Jones from Cal. that had a great Senior bowl .

Well that's the key. Everyone's favorite obviously wasn't Buddy's favorite. Too many people seemed convinced that the so called expert's boards are more important than the Bills board.