RD 3, Pick #69: WR TJ Graham - NC State

SDS

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Mayock said something about having this kid listed as a 7th rounder. scout.com has him as their #31 WR.

3'11'', 182lbs and runs a 4.41.... "Graham is a deep speed guy and that's about it. "

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/profiles/t%20j-graham?id=2532850

http://northcarolinastate.scout.com/2/999702.html

Buddy said he might be 3'11" but he's much bigger in pads

… if TJ has speed, the time Fitz needs should be lower than with the slower guys we have now. Also, if he streaks down the right sideline, for example, it should roll coverage there and open the slot for Nelson/Chandler.

Considering the NFL's position on uniform compliance and player safety I seriously doubt Graham will be streaking in any games this year.

He's plenty fast enough without shedding equipment.

On top of that, being bare-naked in The Ralph could result in frostbite during late season games.

I don't know if he streaked in college or not but he's not playing in Raleigh anymore.

Yea i dont know why they traded up for this guy.

After looking around a bit, I think it's essentially his cone and shuttle time coupled with fast 40. I guess they figure you can't coach speed and agility.

My guess is they liked his routes and hands better than the other remaining WR prospects with that level of speed

Still though, a puzzling pick.

Just when I was beginning to have some faith in the Bill's competence they absolutely wasted two picks on 7th round questionable talent in the 3rd. What a HORRIBLE pick by the Bill's. Must have been past Nix's bedtime. There was so much talent available and they ruined a good draft. It is all downhill from here. SAD!! :censored:

Another country with an asinine statement heard from. You don't like the pick? Check. A lot of people don't but it's not changing. Just because you don't agree with the pick, it had to be "past Nix's bedtime"?? Brilliant. How original and clever you are...not. God forbid these guys should get a chance to see what they can do on the field before you crucify them.

It's the third round.

That wasn't my point.

The WRs I pointed out available were pointed out as "not ready to contribute in their rookie year."

But a 3rd round pick is expected to contribute immediately by every GM on every team in the NFL.

3rd day picks are little more developmental.

god awful pick after 2 very good picks in round 1 and 2.

I've seen a few NC State games, it always seemed like he dropped 3-4 balls a game. He has speed but dude always seemed to run poor routes.

First bad pick of the draft for the Bills. Would have much rather drafted Sanu or waited till round 6 to draft Greg Childs. Makes it worse we traded up 2 picks for him, he would have been around in round 5 or 6. He has at least a year of learning how to run routes. If they wanted a fast guy, Jarius Wright or Keshawn Martin would have been a better pick. Not happy with this pick at all

I hope he proves everyone wrong, but I think hes only capable of running straight deep lines.

Edited by Beastly Dareus

Is TJ Graham considered a starter as a rookie?

I didnt like the pick. And said the only way it works is if there is a starter at #2 like Easley. You commented that you liked two other guys better than graham. But if they are not going to start they are not the solution to the #2 problem either. You may like those two guys more but it's not like if they took them they would be a starter and major contributor. Or be better than Easley or Jones or hagan.

The only way this works is if Easley or Jones becomes a viable #2. They needed a big fast #2 to stretch the field and be a threat. This is obviously the Roscoe replacement but it doesn't fill the #2 hole.

Obviously they love the guy. But he won't play outside and Nelson is very good in the slot. If Easley comes up then this could be awesome. But we haven't at all filled the need for a #2 WR.

The thing is, after Randle was taken, there really wasn't one left to take that wasn't a huge ?

If Easley, jones or even Hagan can be an outside threat. We'll be fine.

Tweet from the Bills:

and there's this

Graham may not have the ideal size to play opposite of Stevie Johnson, but he has outstanding speed and head coach Chan Gailey stated unequivocally that he will line up outside.