RD 3, Pick #69: WR TJ Graham - NC State

SDS

Sanu had four receptions of over 20 yards in his entire career. Marvin jones is not a guy anyone would think is a starter as a rookie.

I'm very surprised the Bills think he can play outside but maybe he can. They thought Roscoe could. But roscoe's more effective in the slot.

Is TJ Graham considered a starter as a rookie?

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe we gave up a 7th round pick to move up a couple of spots to get a guy that would have still been there.. I am totally confused why they did this..

I'll be the first to claim we need all our picks, but I won't cry over giving up a 7th-rounder.

THIS IS BANANAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ugh. This totally killed my Glenn boner. On the bright side, 3rd-round picks aren't exactly golden boys, so if he's as bad as the 7th-round grade Mayock had on him, he'll be cut in 2013. Plus, you know who else had a 7th-round grade? STEVIE JOHNSON, THAT'S WHO! Maybe that's our strategy: With Stevie (7th round), Jones (UDFA), and Nelson (UDFA), they figured that they needed another guy with a 7th-round grade, but were too impatient to wait till tomorrow.

Whatever, let's hope he pans out, but I'll believe it when I see it. I will say that for a guy billed as a pure athlete, his combine numbers are very underwhelming. Small hands could lead to a lot of drops. Excellent 3-cone time and decent broad jump, but balanced somewhat by a weak 20-yard shuttle time and vertical. You probably can throw out his position-worst bench press (after hearing 8,000 preseason quotes about how strong Donald Jones was last year, I can safely say that strength is not the principle factor in WR success.

lol reach in the 3rd? a punter went right after!

That's like a 5'3" guy saying, "How can I be short? I'm standing next to Verne Troyer!"

They mustve thought the Jags were taking him. And one could perceive the Jags taking a Punter that early as a panic move after we snatched their guy.

I was going to point this out, but you beat me to it. For the record, I got over the trade-up aspect of this pick once I saw the compensation. The Bills gave up literally the worst pick in the 2012 draft that they're allowed to trade. Whoever they would've gotten at 217 could easily still be there with their comp. pick, and whoever they would've gotten at the comp. pick could easily sign with them as an UDFA. (And neither guy is likely to ever start an NFL game.) And drafting a P in the 3rd round definitely seems like a panic move when the guy you were counting on drafting just got picked. So if Teej Graham over here proves everyone wrong, the Bills may look very savvy in hindsight. Again, I'll happily recant if that happens, but not until it happens.

Not directing this at anyone in particular, but it bothers me when Pollyanna-stylee fans jump all over anyone who ever criticizes any pick in any way. "You can't judge a draft pick until after 3 years!!" Yeah, but when the consensus proves right, and these guys bust, we get yelled at for dredging it up 3 years later. Enough with the shouting down already. I don't like the 100% negative posters either, but I don't see a big difference between screaming about every move the Bills make/don't make and screaming about every comment about the Bills that isn't total fluffing. Remember, people, they haven't made the playoffs since 1999. That's bad. Their record under the current GM/coach combo is 10-22. That's bad. Torell Troup was criticized for being a reach. Two years in, that criticism looks accurate. Not all of the Bills' picks in this draft will turn out to be excellent picks. Maybe this one, which at face value looks like a reach, will turn out to be one of the non-excellent ones. Is it so unimaginable that the Bills could screw up on a 3rd-round pick? Except for the trolls, we all want the Bills to succeed. We all want their picks to turn into Pro Bowlers. We're not criticizing because we hate them, it's because we have rational cause to think that they made a bad move. A cynic is just a disappointed idealist. To those of you who can sit through 12 years of futility and remain idealists, congratulations. But please understand that that's not everyone's experience. Some people don't have the resilience (a.k.a., ability to ignore reality ;) ) to keep assuming that everything the team does will be proven right.

Bottom line: if I had to sit through literally millions of posts last preseason talking about how great Donald Jones was going to be as a #2 WR, then you guys have to put up with a few pages of bitching about an obvious reach. That's the deal.

Edited by Cash

So he was "worried"? Talk about a panic overreaction. If you are going to move up for a WR why not a real one like Randle.

Translation: buddy was fading fast and needed to get bed, couldn't risk another 20 minutes, so they traded a pick of a guy that wasn't going to make the team anyway

OK. Well, you can't deny that he gives them an element they do not currently have. If he's in the Desean Jackson/Jacoby Ford mold, it's different.

That is who I was thinking about. TJ's 40 is little higher, but he is about the same size.

This guy is !@#$ing fast! Does this mean we are going to draft a QB that throw that far?

The trading up thing is a little crazy. Even if they thought some team was about to take this guy (which I doubt), did they not have a list of other needs? this is wacky?????

That is who I was thinking about. TJ's 40 is little higher, but he is about the same size.

We'll need to protect much better to take advantage of it since our QB's accuracy is very dependent on him having time and space to step into his throws.

We'll need to protect much better to take advantage of it since our QB's accuracy is very dependent on him having time and space to step into his throws.

Fitz steps into his throws? Since when? I like Fitz but his mechanics are some of the worst that I've ever seen. And don't get me started on his lazy ass play fakes... :wallbash:

Mike Mayock said something about having this kid listed as a 7th rounder. scout.com has him as their #31 WR.

3'11'', 182lbs and runs a 4.41.... "Graham is a deep speed guy and that's about it. "

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/profiles/t%20j-graham?id=2532850

http://northcarolinastate.scout.com/2/999702.html

the guy is not even 4 feet tall???? Now I am really pissed!!!!! :lol:

Edited by thebug

If ESPN grades mean anything he was taken some 70 spots ahead of where he should have been...that would be a 5th or 6th round selection we just got in the third round. They could have had Randle and likley only given up a firth to get into the bottom of the second round.

How do you know they could have traded up for Randle? Maybe the Giants didn't want to trade out of that spot because they wanted Randle. Maybe the teams in front of them didn't want to trade out so they could get a player they targeted. Don't assume what they could or couldn't do.

Sure, but Glenn helps fortify the line and if TJ has speed, the time Fitz needs should be lower than with the slower guys we have now. Also, if he streaks down the right sideline, for example, it should roll coverage there and open the slot for Nelson/Chandler. All depends on what kinda routes this kid runs

And let the record state- TBD wanted Ngata over whitner, orakpo over maybin, and now likes Sanu over graham. Time will tell if us at TBD are smarter at drafting then the bills front office

Much the same as those top picks.....