RD 3, Pick #69: WR TJ Graham - NC State

SDS

Love our first 2 picks, but I think we sh*t the bed here. On a the upside, we've proved that 1) we do in fact trade up and 2) we do draft people from outside the SEC.

Going to commence alcohol consumption and forget this ever happened. Try not to mention this again.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who was available at that pick that fits the description?

And before you say "We shoudlve traded up", we were obviously trying. Could just as likely be that no one wanted to move back.

I would take Marvin Jones from Cal.

1,000,000 out of a 1,000,000 times over TJ Graham.

This pick should insight the use of pitchforks and torches outside of One Bills Drive.

This is beyond horrible pick.

It's almost unbelievable that this really happened.

What about Sanu?

Wow! I am in complete disbelief. I hope when I wake up tomorrow, I'll see that this never happened.

Edited by Why So Serious?

It's amazing: We take a need and BPA at corner, people complain we need an LT and WR. We take an LT, people whine we needed a WR. We take a WR , people whine about that too. Is there any pick we could possibly make that won't be hated?

It was the fact of a trade for a guy who could of been had later and others on the board who met the stats of what they said they wanted in a wr. I am ok with the 1st 2 picks, I just believe a reach here for who else was/is still on the board.

It's amazing: We take a need and BPA at corner, people complain we need an LT and WR. We take an LT, people whine we needed a WR. We take a WR , people whine about that too. Is there any pick we could possibly make that won't be hated?

Welcome to Buffalo.

I'm amazed how many people are upset bills gave up a 7th round pick...extremely low cost to pay to get the guy they wanted

IT'S A 7th ROUND PICK, GET OVER IT

We're not mad about wasting a 7th round pick ... We're mad about wasting a 3rd found pick

TJ Graham.....I had him as an 8th round selection....huge reach!

And who are you? I trust in Buddy and until everyone on this board can you will always question him. He is obviously an evaluator of talent and pretty good at it. His first draft here was a little shakey but at least Spiller turned it on at the end of last season. I also think Troup will be a better DT then he was a NT. So we will see. But last year his draft rocked in the first three rounds (3 starters); this year so far (2 starters and one possible starter)

That's the only rationale I can see for trading up to pick him. They wanted Posey, made a trade, but he was taken one pick before. So they just went with the next WR on the list. ???

I'm not saying whether he'll be good or bad, but it does beg the question... why make a trade to move up a couple spots just to take a player that the general consensus is he would certainly still have been on the board? (especially for a GM that has repeatedly said he values every draft pick and dislikes moving up)

Yeah, that's why I asked, it's the only way it makes logical sense to me... it was a gamble, and then it didn't work, so they took their next choice?

That doesn't make sense, fellas.

You never make the trade until the team you're trading with is on the clock.

The only explanation which makes sense is that the Bills were either concerned about Jacksonville or another team trading into Jacksonville's spot to take Graham.

I need someone smarter than I am to explain why we traded up to draft a guy no one--not even a poster who lives near NC State--has ever heard of.

Because the Bills know more than you do. There was about to be a run on WRs, just look at the picks following Buffalo. :wallbash:

I need someone smarter than I am to explain why we traded up to draft a guy no one--not even a poster who lives near NC State--has ever heard of.

So bills should only draft guys you heard of?

That doesn't make sense, fellas.

You never make the trade until the team you're trading with is on the clock.

The only explanation which makes sense is that the Bills were either concerned about Jacksonville or another team trading into Jacksonville's spot to take Graham.

The trade happened after the Texans pick was in, which means the Bills knew who they picked and then traded. It just was a delayed announcement. But the Bills knew he was gone.