There's talk that Kalil could slide out of the top 10.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take it for what it is worth but if he did slide to us then my question is then why would anyone think that we wouldn't take him??! Pretty perplexing if you ask me.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/22/talk-heats-up-that-matt-kalil-could-slide/

If Nix thinks he's the BPA he'll take him, if he slides that far it makes you wonder why he's falling.

I've been saying it for a while that if he does pass through the vikes pick he will free fall down to us. None of the other teams need a left tackle and he is the only tackle worth taking in the top 15. Our line would be flat nasty with him anchoring it. I believe the Vikes tackle Charlie Johnson started all the games at left tackle for them so they may think they can get better at a different position.

Let me just say this.

If Kalil OR Blackmon slide and end up available at #10, it'll further solidify my theory that the Bills captured a leprechaun earlier this offseason and are forcing him to grant them wishes.

lolol

it's incredibly possible that one of blackmon or kalil drops to our pick. almost every year, there's a solid player who inexplicably drops out of the top 10. for those who have been studying the draft like i have since it's become such a huge mainstream event, the top 10 NEVER goes the way experts think it will.

examples:

2007 - Pat Willis

2008 - Ryan Clady

2009 - Mike Crabtree

while crabtree hasn't fully panned out yet, him being available at 10 was considered an absolute miracle at the time. as we know, the other 2 are all-pros. hopefully, we get lucky on thurs.

lolol

it's incredibly possible that one of blackmon or kalil drops to our pick. almost every year, there's a solid player who inexplicably drops out of the top 10. for those who have been studying the draft like i have since it's become such a huge mainstream event, the top 10 NEVER goes the way experts think it will.

examples:

2007 - Pat Willis

2008 - Ryan Clady

2009 - Mike Crabtree

while crabtree hasn't fully panned out yet, him being available at 10 was considered an absolute miracle at the time. as we know, the other 2 are all-pros. hopefully, we get lucky on thurs.

Yea, every year somebody picks a Maybin or a Whitner in the top 10 and changes everything. Let's hope somebody takes over for the Bills in that department.

He won't fall to 10. If minny passes on him for glitz then I can't see Tampa passing on him.

Unless...

If Minnesota takes Claiborne, then Cleveland takes Blackmon...Tampa will take Richardson...Then it's St Louis...Let's say St. Louis takes Floyd...The Jags have a LT, Miami has a LT, Carolina has a LT...

It's a long, long shot...But... B-)

Polian mentioned on ESPN late last week that there were questions about Kalil's weight. He showed up at the combine 305 which is on the small side these days and combine weight is always temporary weight not real weight for guys that need to bulk up He played college in the 290s. With polians comment this post is the second sign I've seen on the past few days that Kalil may be slipping.

Take it for what it is worth but if he did slide to us then my question is then why would anyone think that we wouldn't take him??! Pretty perplexing if you ask me.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/22/talk-heats-up-that-matt-kalil-could-slide/

That's just it...what is this info worth? I think it's just a smokescreen to try and get someone to trade into their spot. Vikes want picks.

Yea, every year somebody picks a Maybin or a Whitner in the top 10 and changes everything. Let's hope somebody takes over for the Bills in that department.

This year, it'll be Barron from Ala.