Draft: what do you do if at #10

JoeF

What do you do if?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do if at #10 - the following options are available?

• Ryan Tannehill
    • Justin Blackmon
    • Michael Floyd
    • Riley Reiff
    • Philly is on the phone offering 15 and 46 for 10 and 71?

I say Helloooo Philly......thinking one of the above will fall to #15...

Reasoning:

Blackmon and Floyd are not field stretchers and Hill or Randle are probably a better fit for what we need. You trade back into the lower first round with 41 and our first fourth and first fifth to get Hill or Randle and then use the second round pick to get Cousins. You end up with a good T at 15; a stretch the field receiver and a QB to groom.

Edited by JoeF

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having to give up #71 overall takes the Trade Down option completely out of the equation for me...Which makes it an easy choice...Blackmon all the way... B-)

looking at the numbers the trade does not favor the Bills.

10 - 1300

71 - 235

15 - 1050

46 - 440

also I will go on record as saying I dont think reiff will be any good in the nfl. Seems every couple of years an iowa lineman is rated highly and they don't pan out.

10 - 1300

71 - 235

15 - 1050

46 - 440

Yep--Philly would have to add #114 and the bills add a 7th rounder to get this done in an equitable manner. I focused on the upper round picks....

So out of your 5 options:

1 is a QB we don't need and can't waste a pick on making a play off push this year

1 is a WR who will never drop to us

1 is a trade that won't happen

So basically the only realistic options are Floyd vs Reiff. Of the realistic options...I'll take Floyd.

10 - 1300

71 - 235

15 - 1050

46 - 440

also I will go on record as saying I dont think reiff will be any good in the nfl. Seems every couple of years an iowa lineman is rated highly and they don't pan out.

I get the point system, but i would personally rather have three guys in the first 46 picks. The chances of hitting on a starter decreases every round. So while i understand what you are saying, i think this team needs at least 3 more guys out of this draft that can be starters this year or next.

They also need another 2 guys that can compete for playing time this year and provide good depth for next year/maybe start for injury reasons. If they got that out of this draft it would be a winner. And the likely hood of getting three of those 5 is better with 3 picks in the first 46, no?

I get the point system, but i would personally rather have three guys in the first 46 picks. The chances of hitting on a starter decreases every round. So while i understand what you are saying, i think this team needs at least 3 more guys out of this draft that can be starters this year or next.

They also need another 2 guys that can compete for playing time this year and provide good depth for next year/maybe start for injury reasons. If they got that out of this draft it would be a winner. And the likely hood of getting three of those 5 is better with 3 picks in the first 46, no?

Not sure what the point values are, but I would rather have Philly's 1st (#15) and 3rd (#88), for only the #10 spot.

We currently have 5 picks in the top-100. This trade would give us 6. Considering Nix and Whaley found good players into the 5th round last year, I'd rather have 6 in the top-100, than give up our top-10 pick just so we can move from the 3rd (#71) to the 2nd (#46).

Blackmon would be the most no-brainer pick at #10 in the history of the league. We'd be idiots not to take him.

Um... This^^^^^

IMO Blackmon is the most no brained pick in this draft. I'd possibly say Luck at #1 but some could argue RG3 there as well. At 10 neither of them will ever be there. I don't think there's a chance Blackmon will either but if he is and we don't take him I might jump off a building.

Michael Crabtree completely dominated college football at Texas Tech. He would completely take games over.

Because Michael Crabtree doesn't have elite size he has been an average (if that) NFL WR.

Blackmon is smaller than Crabtree. There is a real difference in size that has a real impact on outcome at positions like WR if all things are equal outside of that.

Both Blackmon and Floyd have productive college resumes where the offense ran through them, both run excellent routes, but are fast enough to be deep threats but have great hands both love football both work hard. Floyd is a big stronger Justin Blackmon.

I am one of the few people to rank Floyd above Crabtree (if the alcohol stuff wasn't there, It wouldn't be few it would be many)

Either way Blackmon should be a good WR in the NFL, and if the wind is blowing hard in that direction from your recruiting team than you take Blackmon.

Floyd or Blackmon would be perfect addition to the Buffalo Bills, and would likely translate directly to a few more 3rd down conversions, that lead to a few more FGs or may translate into a few more TDs instead of FGs, which may translate into more Ws.

Edited by Why So Serious?

In theory yes I agree with you. However the value needs to be there for the trade to work out. To trade down in the top 10 I would want the value to work out in my favor. In the original scenario the Eagles would come out at +35. Getting the numbers to equal out between these two teams would require maybe the eagles 5th rounder as an add on.